It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians & Muslims

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Dear elitegamer23,

you are correct, i live in the bible belt. i have family im very close to that are religious to the bone, and the dont even push it onto me. i dont understand why other religious people feel the need to by trying to pass laws that come simply from their religious beliefs. if you dont want to let gays marry, fine dont be gay and dont get married. who the hell are you to think you should keep two humans from being happy? you dont want women to have the right to abort a fetus that could potentially end her life and the fetuses? then dont get pregnant and abort the fetus, its your choice to risk your life or your wifes life to bring the fetus into this world. im sorry for pissing people off with this thread. im just sick of people using religion as a way of controlling other peoples lives.

To be clear, I don't care if the government allows gays to marry, we have gays in our church and I am happy to have them there. As for abortion, I think it is murder because it is. That does not mean that I believe I have a right to regulate what women do with their bodies. You assume that all Christians are identical and that is bigotry.

When I enter the ballot box, should I not vote my conscious? My beliefs go with me everywhere I do and I cannot separate my choices from my beliefs or I truly would be a hypocrite. I don't try and push them; but, I will defend them. The best way to not get into a religious discussion is to not start one. If you just wanted to rant then this was the wrong forum because everyone is allowed to complain and blow off steam. Peace.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

The separation of church and state is a concept in law whereby the structures of state or national government are kept separate from those of religious institutions. The concept has long been a topic of political debate.

There are a variety of views regarding the degree of separation that should exist between church and state. Some, often referred to as secularists, assert that state should be kept entirely separate from religion. Others assert that the state ought to be permitted to become involved with religion, but ought not establish one religion as the state religion, or require religious observance. Others, sometimes known as theocrats, assert that the state should be inseparable from religion, and advocate an established church; this position is otherwise known as antidisestablishmentarianism. A related topic is civil religion.

The separation of church and state is related to freedom of religion, but the two concepts are different and one should not infer hastily that countries with a state church do not necessarily have freedom of religion, nor should one infer that a country without a state church necessarily enjoys freedom of religion.

Source

I am sorry but, until this government becomes totalitarian, you will not get your way and only then they'd have to kill us all off and commit genocide.

We are here to stay get over it. Don't want to hear it? You have the right to walk away. This nation was founded on christian principles and beliefs and that is what made it great. Sorry but it's true, the constitution was based on God's laws.

Kthx bai.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear elitegamer23,

you are correct, i live in the bible belt. i have family im very close to that are religious to the bone, and the dont even push it onto me. i dont understand why other religious people feel the need to by trying to pass laws that come simply from their religious beliefs. if you dont want to let gays marry, fine dont be gay and dont get married. who the hell are you to think you should keep two humans from being happy? you dont want women to have the right to abort a fetus that could potentially end her life and the fetuses? then dont get pregnant and abort the fetus, its your choice to risk your life or your wifes life to bring the fetus into this world. im sorry for pissing people off with this thread. im just sick of people using religion as a way of controlling other peoples lives.

To be clear, I don't care if the government allows gays to marry, we have gays in our church and I am happy to have them there. As for abortion, I think it is murder because it is. That does not mean that I believe I have a right to regulate what women do with their bodies. You assume that all Christians are identical and that is bigotry.

When I enter the ballot box, should I not vote my conscious? My beliefs go with me everywhere I do and I cannot separate my choices from my beliefs or I truly would be a hypocrite. I don't try and push them; but, I will defend them. The best way to not get into a religious discussion is to not start one. If you just wanted to rant then this was the wrong forum because everyone is allowed to complain and blow off steam. Peace.

for the record i am anti abortion as birth control.

i do not assume all christians are identical, or all muslims are identical. im talking to those who think their beliefs should be forced onto other people.

id love to continue this but i have stuff to do before i go to bed.

no hard feelings with any of you, even if we dont agree.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

The separation of church and state is a concept in law whereby the structures of state or national government are kept separate from those of religious institutions. The concept has long been a topic of political debate.

There are a variety of views regarding the degree of separation that should exist between church and state. Some, often referred to as secularists, assert that state should be kept entirely separate from religion. Others assert that the state ought to be permitted to become involved with religion, but ought not establish one religion as the state religion, or require religious observance. Others, sometimes known as theocrats, assert that the state should be inseparable from religion, and advocate an established church; this position is otherwise known as antidisestablishmentarianism. A related topic is civil religion.

The separation of church and state is related to freedom of religion, but the two concepts are different and one should not infer hastily that countries with a state church do not necessarily have freedom of religion, nor should one infer that a country without a state church necessarily enjoys freedom of religion.

Source

I am sorry but, until this government becomes totalitarian, you will not get your way and only then they'd have to kill us all off and commit genocide.

We are here to stay get over it. Don't want to hear it? You have the right to walk away. This nation was founded on christian principles and beliefs and that is what made it great. Sorry but it's true, the constitution was based on God's laws.

Kthx bai.

you know if you were born in the middle east you would most likely be a muslim?
you know if you were born in laos you would most likely be a buddhist?

kthx bai .

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

well said.

one thing i dont understand about god is why would he create man just to damn 99.99% of man/woman to hell.

One thing I don't understand is why the 99.99% of men and women don't simply believe in Christ and that he died for their sins, and they'd never have to go to Hell.

Explain that to me.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

youre realize a large majority of these 99.99% of humans were around well before jesus?

sucks to be them, they never had a chance to go to heaven, unless zeus worked something out for them.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

youre realize a large majority of these 99.99% of humans were around well before jesus?

sucks to be them, they never had a chance to go to heaven, unless zeus worked something out for them.

According to scripture, they went to Hades or Paradise. Purgatory, either way. When Jesus died, he went to clear it out. He spread the Truth to every single person who had ever lived and died before him, and they all got the same chance to receive him.

There are no excuses.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

According to scripture, they went to Hades or Paradise. Purgatory, either way. When Jesus died, he went to clear it out. He spread the Truth to every single person who had ever lived and died before him, and they all got the same chance to receive him.

There are no excuses.

why are the religious the most hateful people in this world ?

thats my biggest problem with religion, and it seems hypocritical. i believe anyone should be able to believe in any god, or any religion as long as it doesnt bother other peoples right to live happily . what i dont understand why the religious are the most hateful people on the planet.

of course i dont mean all religious people, but who hates gays the most? christians and muslims hate each other. i could go on.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Since when did muslims start preaching on here (ATS) ? All i see christians particularly bashing islam 24/7 (Intentionally "Belittling") and they preaching you of how to hate others and love us christians (We the best/We are the truth) ! That is the MOTTO....If you don't believe me , investigate a little then you'll see the statistics !

When i mean christians , i'm reffering to "minority" trangressors

edit on 3-5-2012 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DumbTopSecretWriters
Since when did muslims start preaching on here (ATS) ? All i see christians particularly bashing islam 24/7 (Intentionally "Belittling") and they preaching you of how to hate others and love us christians (We the best/We are the truth) ! That is the MOTTO....If you don't believe me , investigate a little then you'll see the statistics !

When i mean christians , i'm reffering to "minority" trangressors

edit on 3-5-2012 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)

religion is beautiful, wonderful, and amazing!

well unless its your religion and not ours.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

well said.

one thing i dont understand about god is why would he create man just to damn 99.99% of man/woman to hell.

One thing I don't understand is why the 99.99% of men and women don't simply believe in Christ and that he died for their sins, and they'd never have to go to Hell.

Explain that to me.

ill explain it to you. give these people PROOF and they will believe anything.

why dont you believe in the flying spahetti monster? why dont you believe in the easter bunny and santa claus?

why dont you believe in allah?

i dont understand why christians dont believe in aliens.
explain that to me.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I sort of agree with you, OP, but I sort of don't.
See, it is true that religion (of any kind) should not be forced down a child's throat. That is totally true. Each child should be able to grow up and choose their faith (or lack there-of) and not have it pressed upon them.
But then at the same time, I wonder if then they should not teach Judaism, or Evolution theory, because isn't that too, forcing a belief (or lack there-of) down a child's throat?
Personally, I think they should teach religion (of various types) and evolution theory in school, but both should be optional. Then a child can decide for themselves.

Don't be hypocritical, OP. I find so many parents to be total narcissists. Your child is your child, NOT your possession. If your child wants to learn Christian or Muslim faith, are you going to stop them?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join