It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad Cow Disease Part 2: Thousands Could Be Dying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

That's not salami, that's your brain on BSE.

I wanted to provide a distillation of some key facts and reiterate some of the points that were made in PART 1, as well as provide additional evidence.

The crux of the problem with BSE is that it could be responsible for thousands of cases of "dementia" or other diseases like Alzheimer's and random CJD because it's genetic marker is identical. This could be caused by simply eating beef and any food product that contains cow tissues, or even eating milk based dairy products. Keep in mind that prions can lay "dormant" for decades, so the fact that older people are experiencing the majority of "dementia" diagnosis (misdiagnosis?) is still inline with the pathology of BSE.

Another variant of BSE, called BASE is the amyloidotic plaque form of the disease which is said not to be transmissible, however, studies are inconclusive. BASE would be identical to Alzheimer's if transmitted to humans.

Source

Considering there are 5-6 million cases of Alzheimer's in the US alone, and that Alzheimer's disease alone has risen by a factor of 9000% as mentioned in the first thread, we have a disease that has hit epidemic proportions. The reason for this, we are told, are genetics and random chance.

In fact, Creutzfeldt-Jakob and Alzheimer's often coexist and at this point are thought to differ merely by time-dependent physical changes.

All of this brings up the unthinkable: that Alzheimer's, Cruetzfeldt-Jackob, and Mad Cow Disease might just be caused by eating the meat or dairy in consumer products or feed.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Only 20 thousand cows are tested out of 35 million that are slaughtered in the United States, which is less than one tenth of a percent. It is of enough concern for other governments to test 100% of cows that are slaughtered for human consumption. Europeans now test 30%, Japan tests 100%, and Ireland tests 100%.

The contamination is most like occuring when cows are fed other cow tissue that is infected.

Aging asymptomatic dairy cows infected with BSE are ending up untested in huge industrial mixing vats of hamburger, each containing meat from 50 to 100 animals from multiple states and two to four countries.

Out of about 35 million animals slaughtered, only 35,000 are tested for mad cow --1/10th of one percent. There are 1.9 million "Downers" - diseased, disabled, dead or dying cows each year. At least one million of the downers are rendered into pet and animal feeds. These downers are the animals most likely to have mad cow disease. But ONLY 5000 downers are BSE tested at the renders - less than one quarter of one percent (0.0025%).

www.organicconsumers.org...

Infact, so called "downer" cows are not the only carriers. The first case of BSE in the US was an apparently healthy cow. This is ignored by the media who portray mad cow as only cows that are unable to walk properly.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

There have been studies done to determine the prion contamination of cow muscle (the edible steak/beef portion). These studies show prions are not detected in cow muscle. However, it's been proven prions have caused death from blood transfusions, and are found in nervous tissue and blood, both of which are found in muscle.

It's even been shown that prions could contaminate milk where blood and mucus mixes with milk during the milking process. The pasturization process is trusted to kill off the contaminants, but as we know, it won't destroy prions. This means it could be in the milk, in the cheese, and in any dairy product.

...two large studies found that prions — pathogenic agents associated with mad cow disease and other life-threatening conditions — can actually transfer from animal to animal via milk consumption.

www.activistpost.com...

If a percentage of "dementia" patients, and "random" CJD patients are really infected through eating BSE contaminated meat, then it's a huge story. Now, if these corporations know it is occurring and are trying to keep it under wraps, it's simply the biggest conspiracy of our lifetime.

EDIT

Part 4 of a great lecture:

This will be continued in Part 3.
edit on 29-4-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Funny how synchronism so often occurs on ATS
I just posted something on another thread that was kinda off topic regarding Mad Cow Disease.
The gist of what I posted is -
That Mad Cow Disease was said to be caused by feeding Cows with minced up spinal cords of other cattle.
I could illuminate on what I think is occurring if you wish ?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
I just posted something on another thread that was kinda off topic regarding Mad Cow Disease.
That Mad Cow Disease was said to be caused by feeding Cows with minced up spinal cords of other cattle.

Please do. This is something I've always been suspicious about, I just never took the time to do the research.

Mad Cow in humans doesn't always look like vCJD (BSE), it can look like sporadic CJD and even amyloid plaque
(Alzheimer's disease) depending on the phase and variant of the disease. Furthermore, animals are being fed remains of other contaminated animals.

Part 3 will examine case studies, including the new jersey incident where 15 people died of CJD who all ate at the same restaurant.
edit on 29-4-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Please do....

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

OK I do not expect any to just believe me but I have to say what I have to say.- I am no scientist

Whilst alive our body's like all living body's are kept in good working condition by what I shall term as our host parasites for want of a better term.
They help oust other types of bacterias when required.
Now at the point of a being dying these parasites take on their natural task of helping to break down flesh into the way of the soil.
If we eat dead flesh it contains these parasites that have taken on the way of breaking down flesh.
These parasites will not distinguish between your flesh and their original hosts flesh.
Now say the produce we eat contains parasites from say the nervous system of another animal then they will attack the same in Humans or any other animal. Attack is an emotive word I know - These parasites are only doing what they are natural meant to do.
Are we naturally meant to eat dead animal flesh.
Most time our own body defences IE host parasites can oust any alien ones but not always
Hope you can consider what I speak of
I am not a crazy person though I know these ideas may seem so - I am deeply concerned and wish to to help

edit on 29-4-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I remember reading in one of the older threads, Titor perhaps?
Not to eat any animal that has been fed feed from it's own species?
Makes perfect sense to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

MAD COW DISEASE CAUSING "PRIONS"...CAN NOW BE RENDERED HARMLESS!

Good news in the battle for the brain: Researchers in Sweden and Switzerland have found that toxic prions--diseased variants of naturally occurring neural proteins--can be both detected and treated with a novel kind of self-illuminating polymer. In tests, the researchers have shown that their molecules can render prions harmless, paving the way for treatments for degenerative and potentially fatal nervous system diseases, including Alzheimer's. Prions are a big problem when they get loose in the brain. They tend to clump together in groups, affecting surrounding nerve cells and usually leading to brain damage and eventually death--sometimes a very rapid death. Illnesses caused by prions can be inherited, but they can also be spontaneous or spread through infection, as is the case with mad cow disease, a fairly well-known prion condition.

www.popsci.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by neotech1neothink

MAD COW DISEASE CAUSING "PRIONS"...CAN NOW BE RENDERED HARMLESS!

Good news in the battle for the brain: Researchers in Sweden and Switzerland have found that toxic prions--diseased variants of naturally occurring neural proteins--can be both detected and treated with a novel kind of self-illuminating polymer. In tests, the researchers have shown that their molecules can render prions harmless, paving the way for treatments for degenerative and potentially fatal nervous system diseases, including Alzheimer's. Prions are a big problem when they get loose in the brain. They tend to clump together in groups, affecting surrounding nerve cells and usually leading to brain damage and eventually death--sometimes a very rapid death. Illnesses caused by prions can be inherited, but they can also be spontaneous or spread through infection, as is the case with mad cow disease, a fairly well-known prion condition.

www.popsci.com...

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

www.sciencedaily.com...

Toxic prions in the brain can be detected with self-illuminating polymers. The originators, at Linköping University in Sweden, has now shown that the same molecules can also render the prions harmless, and potentially cure fatal nerve-destroying illnesses.

alot of people are dying from prions from VENISON but it will take a year or two to surface.. i dunno y....

That's good news. But, then again, there are a slew of articles that come out everyday about new potential cures for cancer, aids, and every disease under the sun, yet it takes years of trials, and millions of dollars to even find out if it could work.......assuming it gets funding.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
well by 2015 (only 2.5 yrs from now) we mightl finally discover the majority of the world population, that eat beef are vCJD positive.

and its fatal - with no cure nor good prognosis

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
well by 2015 (only 2.5 yrs from now) we mightl finally discover the majority of the world population, that eat beef are vCJD positive.

and its fatal - with no cure nor good prognosis

It's begining to look like the sky rocketing rates of dementia are related to TSE/BSE.

This includes Parkinsons, Alzheimers, CJD, vCJD, Huntington's disease, and Lou Gerig's disease.

edit on 30-4-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
When I heard this new CJD case, the first thing I thought of was that flight attendant lady that went nuts, and then a CAPTAIN... I wonder if these airliners foodstuffs (meat) was infected!

Scary thought, having thousands of possible CJD infected Captains flying millions of people, and you don't know when or IF they may flip out... I sure hope its not that, and just a fluke... but it made me stop and think.

To add: You KNOW that Airlines are strapped for cash, and try to buy the cheapest foods they can get.. and cheap usually means less safe in most cases IMO.
edit on 4/30/2012 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join