It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infant Monkeys Given Doses of Vaccines Develop Autism Symptoms

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

The bald facts are the arte of autism hasn't increased with vaccination, and that autistic kids have different physical characteristics at birth, so I can't see HOW vaccines can logically have caused an autism epidemic. A couple of cases of encepahlitis autism yes (it's called a vaccination injury, well known factor), and I'm not pretending the jabs are totally harmless, but they are better than not vaccinating.

I read this kind of stuff all the time, it makes the vaccine/autism link nonsensical. Autistic kids have more gray matter, an enlarged amygdala (not shrunken like a monkeys) and are different genetically. Can't see how this has anything to do with any vaccine. All of these below show a pre-birth condition. if you wanted to claim vaccinating pregnant women caused autism, that might be a something worth a look. All of this data came out in the new century, after the eighties scare. If it had come out before, I doubt anyone would have investigated vaccines as a line of enquiry.

Sorry if I come of as brusque. I'm an Aspie and my social skills are a bit limited. I'm used to go-for-the -throat scientific discussion.

Results
We found that children with ASD presenting MPAs (n=23; 96%) had significantly higher rates of MPAs in four body areas (head, ears, mouth, hands); interestingly three of 41 MPAs best discriminated ASD groups from comparison subjects: abnormal head circumference, abnormal cephalic index, abnormal palate. Moreover, our results suggest that most MPAs occur predominantly after the first trimester of pregnancy.

In research reported in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), scientists at the University of California, San Diego, found that autistic children have about 67% more nerve cells in a part of the brain known as the prefrontal cortex than children without autism.... significant is the fact that the excess of neurons in the prefrontal cortex aren’t formed after birth, but during early development, in utero

Children born with a certain shape in their airways -- the tubes that take air to the lungs -- all have autism or autism spectrum disorder, according to a new study. The study is one of the few to show a strong link between anatomy and autism and may indicate a genetic cause for the syndrome.... "I think the whole thing occurs embryologically -- when the cell and egg come together and the fetus is formed," she says. "It's important for parents to know that."/i]

The brains of autistic children undergo an abnormal and dramatic growth spurt in the first year of their lives, according to a new study. The growth makes their heads markedly larger than those of normal infants.

University of California, San Diego School of Medicine has, for the first time, identified in young autism patients genetic mechanisms involved in abnormal early brain development and overgrowth that occurs in the disorder. The findings suggest novel genetic and molecular targets that could lead to discoveries of new prevention strategies and treatment for the disorder. The study to be published on March 22 in PLoS Genetics uncovered differences in gene expression between brain tissue from young (2 to14 years old) and adult individuals with autism syndrome disorder, providing important clues why brain growth and development is abnormal in this disorder

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Whoa wall of text - So in answer to my question you have not read Dr Wakefield's book which explains from his perspective
So you just go along with what others say and accuse him of and don't allow/listen to his side - that is hardly balanced in my book and shows pre-set prjeudice
edit on 11-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Here I will make it easy for you to hear Dr Wakefield speak for himself
If you wish to listen that is

Dr Andrew Wakefield In His Own Words (full interview

www.youtube.com...#!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Like to point out that she claims the monkeys amygdalas shrunk. in autistic humans the amygdala is larger.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I just came across this article in Reuters.

(Reuters) - Free vaccines meant for children as part of a U.S. government program may have been stored at the wrong temperature, which could make them less effective, according to a report released on Wednesday.

www.reuters.com... 120606

I believe that this is the beginning of the shift of blame. It is not the CDC or big Pharma's fault, it's the doctor offices fault.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Slight problem with Mr Wakefield ( I will not call him doctor as he NO kind of scientist):

1: He got paid over £400k to run that study by the lawyers repping autistic kids
2: Most of the kids in the study were involved in lawsuits involving vaccines and were sent their by their lawyers.
3: One of his 'autistic' subject kids wasn't even autistic (as his parents pointed out).
4: Several of them had autistic symtoms before vaccination, and a couple of the other 'normal before vaccination' kids had other known developmental issues.
5: He carried out nasty invasive medical procedures on these kids for no reason other than research-which was what really caused the fuss with the BMC.
6: He was prepping to sell tests for the autistic enterocolitis even before he'd done the study, which was what got him into grief at with his bosses at the hospital.
7; Everytime that he's brought a lawsuit in the UK, he's dragged it out as long as he can- so he can say he's suing. But when told to piss or get of the pot by a judge, he dropped the cases. You'd assume to avoid having all of what happened and his paperwork being a matter of open public record and open to public scrutiny. He had to pay the other sides court costs, BTW.

Even ignoring these well documented (and now legally uncontested by Wakefield) facts, my main problems are with his actual quality of work in the paper itself. Tthere was no control sample (normal kids) which is absolutely crucial. If you fnd the virus in the stomach of the 'autistic' kids, is it in the stomach of normal kids? He didn't check. A second study with a control group found that normal kids had a higher frequency antibodies from the claimed autism causing virus.

And this is ignoring the claims from the people working under him that he falsified data and ignored the Hist results when they weren't what he wanted.

To quote one particular interviewer of him- 'but if your study is a lie doesn't that mean that everything in your book is a lie too?'

The lawyers and parents stood to make absolutely millions if they could get courts to believe in a link with vaccines, and they paid him a WAD of cash. Figure it out. Financial motive.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Dr Andrew Wakefield In His Own Words (full interview

So you won't read five minutes of text I post but expect me to sit through an hour of BS?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join