It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any address in the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Now this might scare the heck out of you . . . . it's unbelievable technology. Is there nowhere to hide ??
After opening the link below, type in the address you want slowly, letter by letter, space by space, and watch each time where it takes you.
It found our home in the whole world after 7 strokes of the keys.

I wonder what sort of records the server keeps and how they match activity from the user's IP to the place they are looking

Sure it is like google maps and earth but the sheer speed and dedication to zooming in on the desired location is pretty fast.

There really is not a lot of places left to hide, One needed to hide that is..

showmystreet.com

edit on 29-4-2012 by magma because: adding link

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Did you hide the Link ?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This works excellent in the city or open countryside, however it only shows my street (a dirt road). My home is completely hidden by trees, including my yard. So yes, I would say there are still places to hide (at least from the version we have access to). I do see your point though, and clearly my place is an exception. I would show you a pic but that would spoil the privacy thing...
Thanks for the link; I know I'll be using it from time to time...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

depends on your address

after 11 keystrokes [inc. a space] [calle 11]
i'm in san luis potosi mexico

well i ain't there at all

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I am not afraid, what use is it to me and who cares that I can merely move my address to somewhere else?

It's not useful to me really, this is like a guessing game for the software, however it took me to the USA first as I started typing so I think the Americans would be more afraid of it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It was able to auto complete the address I was putting in, but the picture that came up was nothing I've ever seen before.
Definitely wasn't a picture of the neighbourhood that I input....

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I guss it is a wake up call as really anybody who has a bank account or is on the grid can ultimately be found. Not only by this means but other means too. It is just that it is such a simple tool to use a child could use it really. Some can be found easier and other not so easy. It would be fairly hard to drop off the grid entirely. I know some people are doing it though, well at least heard of some people doing it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
magma could be trying to get us to type in our addresses and IPs...probably not, but I won't be typing in my address just in case

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
In less than a minute I was looking at the building I live in. A fairly recent picture set too. There's my new air conditioner. Nice. Could be a handy way to find your way around a new place. Thanks magma.
edit on 30-4-2012 by apsalmist because: add an a

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It appears to be a front-end for Google maps. There is nothing on the site that would not appear on the other. It merely starts fetching data based on what you have typed up until that point. Nothing scary.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Took it 16 key strokes to find me, I had to get to the second letter of the name of my city.

new topics

top topics

join