It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much can you live on a month?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Earlier tonight i have been going through my bank statement, mainly to see where i am spending as i want to save some cash.

I was amazed at how much i spend on rubbish i really don't need. I don't smoke and i'm not a big drinker, but i reckon i can drasticaly reduce my spending on unneccessary items, so for the month of May i'm going to try and set myself a challenge of spending as little as i can.

Does anyone else do this, by choice or neccessity? Any good tips?

I'm not bothered about activity money, we live in the forest so a fun day out for me and the kids is a few sandwiches, our guitars and a cycle through the forest. Costs next to nothing. Wish me luck.

CX.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Sounds like a plan. Good Luck

I recently thought about what I'm spending on lunch every day. It was over $6 per day.
That's $30 week, $120 a month.

I cut back to $3 per day. I'm still eating out for lunch, but just not being a "piggy" about it.
I'm eating off the dollar / value menus, well except one day per week, I treat myself to
Chinese carry out that I enjoy.

CX

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Thats a good saving already.

I must admit, it's my food where i spend most of my money. Shopping day to day rather than organising my weeks menus and shopping accordingly. Add having the kids with me when i go shopping and everything gets thrown in the trolley!

I eat big meals too, so i have been eating half of what i cook and plateing the other half for another meal. Already seeing a difference in my moeeny and stomach.

CX.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I noticed the poppies in your avatar. Is this any relation to your spending?
Second line

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Sounds like a plan. Good Luck

I recently thought about what I'm spending on lunch every day. It was over $6 per day.
That's $30 week, $120 a month.

I cut back to $3 per day. I'm still eating out for lunch, but just not being a "piggy" about it.
I'm eating off the dollar / value menus, well except one day per week, I treat myself to
Chinese carry out that I enjoy.

Dont compromise your health to save money. Your body is every thing. What you eat will determine your level of awareness. If you wear to bring a lunch from home you would probably be eating less then $3 a meal depending on what you bring. Not only that you save money on gas if you drive to eat.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

True, but when I was spending $6 a day, it was still at the fast food places.

Large drinks, fries, two sandwiches, sometimes a dessert....

CX

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CADCatiaMan
reply to post by CX

I noticed the poppies in your avatar. Is this any relation to your spending?
Second line

Lol nope....thats related to Rememberance Day.

CX.

top topics

join