It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recurring Dream I Believe To Be Prophetic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
There is a certain dream I am having somewhat regularly, and every time I have it I honestly get the feeling I am getting a glimpse into the future. The dream is not the exact same every time, but the main aspect of it is constant. First let me explain the context of the first time I had it, because I feel it is significant.

It was a period where I was in 'spiritual discovery' mode. I had a dream that is difficult to describe, but let's say lucid. In this dream I had the feeling that I was supposed to meditate until I became enlightened. So I sat and meditated. Suddenly I found myself sitting under a tree, as the Buddha did when he became enlightened. Then I felt a very strong identification with the Buddha. Then I left my body, and then I had a sense of becoming enlightened. After this, I was suddenly standing on the street in front of my house. There were all of these incredible things in the sky, all different shapes and patterns and colors, covering the sky. There was a very strong feeling that the world had been completely transformed. I tried talking to people, and asking them what was going on, but everyone was trying to act like nothing was happening. It was like they did not want to accept that such drastic things were happening, so they were burying their head in the sand and trying to pretend it was nothing. This aspect of people trying to ignore the obvious changes is another common aspect of these dreams.

Since then, I have had quite a lot of dreams where the sky was like this. I had it again last night, which is why I decided to make this thread. One common thing, to give more description, is that stars become more than just dots in the sky. Each star takes on its own shape and color. Beyond this, there are many galaxy-looking things that look amazing, of all different colors. The beauty of the sky is absolutely unbelievable in these dreams. It is absolutely incredible. Each of these dreams feels incredibly real, and every time I am left with the honest feeling that I am getting a glimpse into the future, and that this is going to happen. I keep having this dream again and again, and my belief that this at least may happen is growing, I think.
edit on 29-4-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Interesting story OP. Have you ever noticed how you can tell when a dream is actually significant? Whenever I have a significant dream with actual meaning I still feel the strong emotions even after I wake up. As opposed to a meaningless dream where I will wake up and just shrug it off as nonsense. I hardly ever have any meaningful dreams. Actually I've only ever had two that were so significant that I remembered them years later. One of them was about a year and a half ago. I dreamed that I was walking down the sidewalk of a big local shopping centre in my city. I could tell while I was dreaming that this was a lucid dream, because I could feel the temperature outside, I could smell the air, even the cigarette I was smoking felt so real. The whole dream was had such a surreal feel about it. As I was walking towards a shop I was just about to enter, I heard a mass panic begin to stir to my right. People were pointing to the sky and hollering. I looked up and saw thousands, literally thousands, of black spacecraft in the air. So many that it was actually blocking the sunlight. People started running in all directions, jumping into their cars and speeding off. It was a total calamity. I was one of the few people that just stood there staring up at these things. I felt fear. But not a fear of harm, more like just a fear of the unknown. At the same time I also felt immense curiosity and also a strange feeling of "Well, it took long enough. Finally!"

That was when I woke up, about ten seconds after I began to stare at these things. After I woke up I still felt the same emotions that I had been feeling in the dream. I felt these emotions for hours. I always wonder to myself if these are the dreams that we're supposed to pay attention to. Maybe that's why we feel such strong emotions, to tell us to pay attention to those dreams and forget about the common pointless ones that we have every night.

The only other dream I have had that involves such a heavy level of emotion was when I had a dream that I met my grandfather (mothers father) who was an abusive raging alcoholic who died long before I was born. In the dream he walked right through my front door, shook my hand and told me that he was proud of how my mothers life had turned out, and that he was sorry for everything that he had ever done. After that he said "Let's go to the pub!" which I found strange, considering that he had such a major drinking problem. Maybe that was just his sense of humour. Either way, I woke up from that dream surrounded by a really strange vibe, and such strong emotions in me. It's just so hard to ignore dreams like that, the ones that actually make you feel something. They must have some kind of connection to other realities/dimensions. They can't be simple nonsense dreams.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
What does "having a case of being enlightened" feel like?

Not trolling, but people throw them term enlightened out there all the time, without describing what it feels like.

Explain...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
What does "having a case of being enlightened" feel like?

Not trolling, but people throw them term enlightened out there all the time, without describing what it feels like.

Explain...

Unfortunately, that first dream was a long time ago, and I can't really remember what the feeling was like in all that much detail. What I remember is an incredible and indescribable sense of release, as if all that I had ever accumulated, and all that divided me, was gone. An indescribable sense of joy, peace, freedom and perfection. As I say, this was a while ago, so I don't remember too specifically, if it were possible to be more specific than that.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I have had similar recurring dreams although different.
I wasn't ascending or anything spiritually but my dreams showcase the exact same night sky that you describe, as well as the feeling of bliss.
Infact the only reoccurring part of my dreams for the last probably year and a half or so, have been the sky.
For a while I was dreaming of a second earth in the sky as well but that dream has ceased.
The night sky dreams though I'll be doing whatever and then I look up and it's almost as if the universe is before me, the stars are all different colors, shapes, a myriad of planets, solar systems, galaxies it's kinda hard to really explain and have it all make sense logistically..
Beautiful dreams I love having them.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Sorry double post, damn iPad

edit on 29-4-2012 by mesaana because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I heard a Guru say that there are no enlightened people on Earth. If you became fully enlightened you would leave your body and return to where we are from. He said reality is like a room with no ceiling and spirituality is a trampoline. Sometimes you can bounce high enough to see outside of the walls of the room, and when you land back in the room you are fundamentally changed because you know there is more out there than just this room.

Having said that I wouldn't call myself enlightened, but I have bounced over the wall briefly. Language cannot accurately describe the experience though. It would be like explaining love to someone who has never felt it. I could give you words but none of them would come close to being accurate.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

You know its kinda funny because I have similar dreams. At least as far as the transformation of the sky. I distinctly remember the sky being pink in one dream. Almost like a bunch of extreme auras. But I have had several dreams where the sky is just beautifully lit up with color. Although I dont really believe in prophecy .

new topics

top topics

join