Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Should we be telling the Aliens where we are..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
If we are talking about aliens that can travel between stars, then we don't have to tell them where we are. They know. We've been pumping out EM Radiation waves for a century now. So, any planets within a hundred light years that have the tech to travel between stars will have no problem triangulating the source.

Furthermore, the vast majority of historical evidence suggests that one or more alien civilizations have been visiting our planet since the beginning of civilization, or longer.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well, what's nature all about anyway? DNA must continue. Only DNA knows why it must continue, and it ain't saying. Possibly to consume all the matter/energy in the universe and become God. But in order for it to continue, it has to be ready for anything. So it must grow, but also continue to change and diversify. On Earth, that's accomplished by a variety of animals with very rapid breeding cycles constantly killing and eating each other.

Eat. Eat. Eat. Kill and eat. Over a couple billions years, it's made us fast and strong and pretty smart.

Now, if the way of nature extends past the boundaries of Earth, into the galaxy, then the same kind of Eat and Kill and Eat applies. Alien races zooming through space, killing and adapting, stealing technology, eating the competition. For a billion years or so. Any creature that manages to survive that long enough not only to pick up our radio signals but respond in some way, either by broadcasting to us or actually coming here, they're likely going to be faster, stronger, and smarter than us by an awful lot. And that does not bode well for us at all. We just dropped a couple notches on the food chain.

Don't bet on them being happy, benevolent space brothers and sisters. On our own planet, we have a lot more slaughterhouses than zoos, not that we'd want to be in either.

That being acknowledged, and giving a tip of the hat to the Ancient Aliens, we could very well be in a zoo already but just don't know it. Not telling us would make sense to keep us oblivious and happy and breeding away. Like free range chickens. Relatively "free." And one of these days pretty soon, maybe when we hit the 10 billion population mark, the hungry reptilians from Gliese 581D will show up for the harvest.

Kill and eat and survive and adapt. Pretty simple stuff.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by CADCatiaMan
What if we are the highest form of intelligence though?

We are not... Dolphins have us beat even on the home world

Yeah, but they don't have any thumbs so they're at our mercy! Suck it, dolphins! Jump through those hoops at Sea World for a few fish! Thumbs trump intelligence.

edit on 30-4-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
When/if the aliens arrive here, it will be for resources, made by us, there troops will garrison this planet, our troops will garrison other planets 'they' have conquered, so our tank, machinegun, ammo, plants will be going full bore, and males will be shipped out by the thousands, while women will be just breeding stock, and those areas that favour boy children will be denuded of males fairly quickly.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Nevermind, i figured it out
edit on 30-4-2012 by ImNotHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
RF communication..... should be an outdated and outmoded form of communication, because of the vast interstellar distances involved between star systems. The only viable method of instantaneous communication over vast interstellar distances, would be some form of mental telepathy; for a highly intelligent space-faring race. Earthling's.... must strive for this method of communication, if we are ever going to contact the other-worlder's. I personally feel---that any person that makes an attempt at telepathic communication towards the other-worlder's will make it almost impossible for TPTB, to control or deny such a said method of communication.

Foofighter's

Erno86

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Well, what's nature all about anyway? DNA must continue. Only DNA knows why it must continue, and it ain't saying. Possibly to consume all the matter/energy in the universe and become God. But in order for it to continue, it has to be ready for anything. So it must grow, but also continue to change and diversify. On Earth, that's accomplished by a variety of animals with very rapid breeding cycles constantly killing and eating each other.

Eat. Eat. Eat. Kill and eat. Over a couple billions years, it's made us fast and strong and pretty smart.

Now, if the way of nature extends past the boundaries of Earth, into the galaxy, then the same kind of Eat and Kill and Eat applies. Alien races zooming through space, killing and adapting, stealing technology, eating the competition. For a billion years or so. Any creature that manages to survive that long enough not only to pick up our radio signals but respond in some way, either by broadcasting to us or actually coming here, they're likely going to be faster, stronger, and smarter than us by an awful lot. And that does not bode well for us at all. We just dropped a couple notches on the food chain.

Don't bet on them being happy, benevolent space brothers and sisters. On our own planet, we have a lot more slaughterhouses than zoos, not that we'd want to be in either.

That being acknowledged, and giving a tip of the hat to the Ancient Aliens, we could very well be in a zoo already but just don't know it. Not telling us would make sense to keep us oblivious and happy and breeding away. Like free range chickens. Relatively "free." And one of these days pretty soon, maybe when we hit the 10 billion population mark, the hungry reptilians from Gliese 581D will show up for the harvest.

You have a right to your own opinion and thought's, but too me....your post sounds like fear mongering.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
You have a right to your own opinion and thought's, but too me....your post sounds like fear mongering.

Only if you fear nature. Personally, I understand my place in the food chain pretty well. We live, we eat, we reproduce (some of us), and we die. The water and chemicals are rearranged and recycled to make other living things that do the same thing. If aliens become part of that cycle, well, that's just the way the cookie crumbles. I doubt if I'll live long enough for us to officially discover aliens. And once I die, so does the universe (as far as I'm concerned), so it won't make any difference. Nothing to be afraid of.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hopefully SETI's call will be answered a nordic/amazon female warrior culture - hellbent on an aggressive breeding programme .

On a more serious note I tend to think of SETI sending out signals into deep space is rather like a naughty toddler left in a play pen banging his tomee tipee cup on the frame for attention while his slightly amused parents look on .

I imagine that there are life forms out there who have been watching us with a mix of sadness and affection from day one , onlookers unable to help us break free from far more malevolent beings that have always seen us as thier chattel slaves - so far from being worried about who might hear us out there we need to focus on breaking the bonds set on us by them who are already here .

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Only if you fear nature. Personally, I understand my place in the food chain pretty well. We live, we eat, we reproduce (some of us), and we die. The water and chemicals are rearranged and recycled to make other living things that do the same thing. If aliens become part of that cycle, well, that's just the way the cookie crumbles. I doubt if I'll live long enough for us to officially discover aliens. And once I die, so does the universe (as far as I'm concerned), so it won't make any difference. Nothing to be afraid of.

Yes... I do have a healthy respect and fear of nature. That's probably what has kept human kind surviving for all these thousands of years. I don't need for somebody to "officially discover aliens," for I have enough confidence not only thru my own experience's---but other's as well, that the other-worlder's have visited, and will continue to visit our planet Earth---ad infinitum. Same goes for our universe--- living:ad infinitum.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Anyone check the chances of finding Planet G.
Well how about the signal part.
What is true is being able to transmit to any planet in the universe.
Although not true with our present day equipment, Mr. Tesla
said such a thing was possible by his apparatus and doubt that will ever be seen.
So again the elite take credit for a Tesla invention.

Oddly enough we can go to the Planet G before sending any signal,
thus eliminating any surprise attack by reptiles by simple observation.
Thus perhaps the falsehood of this movie or we made a mistake in judgement.
We go their by generating and riding our own force waves.
This so called gravity wave drive is another Tesla invention being used by the
elite without credit.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I always liked the science fiction plots with aliens from another dimension, shifting in and out of ours. Maybe they are already here. The vast distances in the cosmos makes it highly unlikely that anyone would hear us out here, but maybe they hear is in another level of matter and energy occupying the same space. Yes, invisible aliens, in your tinfoil hat.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

isn't that what stephen hawking advices? to keep silent if possible?
i don't care too much as long as I don't have to tell them where that nice lady is i want to spend a night with.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
They probably won't be reptilian. If we are using earth like planets as an indicator of life then we assume that life on another goldilock-zone planet evolves similar to life on earth. We had dinosaurs so it's likely that "they" have dinosaurs in their evolutionary path. Assuming reptiles over there are like reptiles here then we assume they lay eggs. Egg laying contributed to the dinosaur's extinction
www.dnaindia.com...
So, we can assume egg laying is equally detrimental to their evolution and wouldn't allow them to become highly intelligent.

of course reptilian overlords are scary and good for sci-fi, but I think the "greys" are far more likely because we already have a model of humanoid mammals with high intellect. Just extrapolate our evolution(now artificial with the integration of technology and the removal of natural selection) and it's easy to see how big headed, small bodied space travelers are far more likely than lizards.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I wouldn't call this fear mongering. I would call this a pretty accurate depiction of the bigger picture, freed from our tendencies to turn ourselves into something "special". We're not. We're living things with a mission: to keep on going. If we need to feed from other living things, we'll do it. I think this is how nature works. Nature doesn't contain "morality", nature just "is".

my 2 cents

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
They probably won't be reptilian. If we are using earth like planets as an indicator of life then we assume that life on another goldilock-zone planet evolves similar to life on earth. We had dinosaurs so it's likely that "they" have dinosaurs in their evolutionary path. Assuming reptiles over there are like reptiles here then we assume they lay eggs. Egg laying contributed to the dinosaur's extinction
www.dnaindia.com...
So, we can assume egg laying is equally detrimental to their evolution and wouldn't allow them to become highly intelligent.

of course reptilian overlords are scary and good for sci-fi, but I think the "greys" are far more likely because we already have a model of humanoid mammals with high intellect. Just extrapolate our evolution(now artificial with the integration of technology and the removal of natural selection) and it's easy to see how big headed, small bodied space travelers are far more likely than lizards.

I'm sorry bud, I just don't get this.
No offense,but how is it easier to see big headed grays than lizard types?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

Originally posted by MeesterB
www.dnaindia.com...

I'm sorry bud, I just don't get this.
No offense,but how is it easier to see big headed grays than lizard types?

I feel like my argument was pretty concise. If we assume that life on earth is similar to life on another planet by virtue of the planets being similar, then we can assume that evolution follows a similar path with the same natural pressures. Dinosaurs evolved into birds and lizards we see today, ancient apes evolved into the humans and great apes we see today, so we can assume that they have a human equivalent that arose from similar natural selection. Greys seem to have much more in common with humans that are deep in artificial evolution.

Edit: For reptiles to evolve to the intellect of humans then you would have to disregard the theory in the link I posted, and you have to believe reptiles start cooking their food to supply the energy required for a bigger brain.(edit: the cooking->bigger brain theory is shaky, but still.)
edit on 4/30/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)
edit on 4/30/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

Thanks for guiding me a bit there... your assumptions are most likely correct.
I just didn't see the angle you presented.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
reply to post by MeesterB

Thanks for guiding me a bit there... your assumptions are most likely correct.
I just didn't see the angle you presented.

It's possible that reptiles there evolved to give birth to live young and that gave them the evolutionary edge to become humanoid, but that doesn't really sit well with reptiles being cold blooded. Of course if I get enslaved by a snarling dinonaught tomorrow I won't be too shocked because it's only fitting that my despised overlord is an unfeeling, scaly, coldblooded monster.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
this is dumb logic and human arrogance at its best. at the heart of this argument is the belief that we've reached some sort of intellectual enlightenment, therefore if there's aliens, even if they're technologically far more advanced that us, they'll still be as immoral and violent as we are.

i have to wonder about the sort of people who make this argument. you musn't have much hope for humanity or life at all if you think enlightened beings are running around acting like the america of the universe

maybe, and i know this is crazy, but just maybe beings of such high intelligence would have evolved past gun-ho nonsense.

i know americans are too stupid to understand that capitalism is unworkable long term but just because you run around pillaging nations for their resources doesn't mean everybody else is as idiotic. i'd wager an intelligent alien species with technology to travel the universe so effortlessly would have learnt to live within their means a few years into their existence

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join