It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

US pastor burns Koran again

page: 2
4
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Funny thing is , there's always a conflict between two sides of extremist who is not worthy of calling themselves religious..By the way , who killed jesus? Muslims?
edit on 30-4-2012 by ilIuminati because: (no reason given)




posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilIuminati
.By the way , who killed jesus? Muslims?

By the way, what's that got to do with the subject of this guy burning a Qu'ran?

Please enlighten us all. It should be interesting ....



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by ilIuminati
.By the way , who killed jesus? Muslims?

By the way, what's that got to do with the subject of this guy burning a Qu'ran?

Please enlighten us all. It should be interesting ....


Ah , a bonafide hater ! a chicken comes here to roast !



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan
 


It's not how I imagine a Pastor of Christianity to behave. I've no great knowledge of religion, but, I can't imagine Jesus doing something like that. I thought it was meant to be about loving thy neighbor and doing unto other as you would have done to you.

As you say, he has a right under your constitution to do it. Just a shame the pastor can't follow the religious constitution he claims to believe in.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Why did George Bernard Shaw called the Bible the most dangerous book on Earth !!!

Please, illuminate ME
edit on 30-4-2012 by ilIuminati because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ilIuminati
 

Again ... WHAT are you talking about? Enlighten us all ....


Originally posted by woodwardjnr
As you say, he has a right under your constitution to do it. Just a shame the pastor can't follow the religious constitution he claims to believe in.

I fully agree with you. It's his right. But at the same time you'd hope someone in his position would be better behaved. But we are all human and humans have quirks. His seems to be an 'attention seeking' quirk.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
There seems to be a misunderstanding here. I never said he didn't have a right to burn the books. I said I didn't agree with the action. The man can burn his own home down if he wants. That doesn't make time a very smart man though.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Funny how the OP has a tagline that reads "Defending the Constitution with my last breath" but opposes this Pastor's freedom of speech.

WOW.


People should have the right to say whatever they want as long as it doesn't incite.

But there is a difference between having the right to say something, and making the moral decision not to.

This "preacher" is nothing but an attention w**re. He's a radical lunatic who likes the limelight. He wants to be a celebrity, and he loves when the cameras are on him.

He couldn't give a rats ass about God, prisoners, Iran... The only thing he has done is increase the hatred the rest of the world feels for radicalized American Christians.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual
 


Exactly. If you are trying to incite violence or threatening violence with your speech, I believe it is called Terroristic Threatening and is actually against the law here in the US.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I don't agree with any books being burned. However the fact Islam os trying to become a one world religion, the fact that their woman ate not even treated ad 3rd class citizens the fact their perv mohamad rapped a little 9 year old, the fact Islam in some countries force perform circumcision of baby girls, the fact they force adelesant little girls to marry, I say good for the American pastor standing up to such a controlful religion, even though my reasons are different then pastors reason for burning the Qur'an I stand on the American pastors side on this one.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual
 


Someone wrote to me, asking me my opinion of this thread. Of what the Florida pastor did, and why Muslims feel the way they do concerning the Quran.

First I want to say, that not everyone in the world believes what we do concerning the Holy Quran. We do understand this... But what we believe is that the words of the Holy Quran are actual words from Allah. Allah in english means God, it is not a different God, just maybe a different understanding of the same. We believe in the Jews Holy book, even though we believe that changes were made, and we believe that Jesus (as) also came with a Holy Book. We believe in the God of Prophet Adam (as) of Prophet Noah (as) of Prophet Abraham (as) we believe in the same God. Only perhaps a slightly different understanding.

We love Jesus (as) and have great respect for Him. And we believe the Holy Quran is the words of God. Because they are the words of God, we offer those words the respect due God.

People sin, people make mistakes, we know this, but some things even the most evil should not be capable of. That is to disrespect God. To disrespect His words, is disrespect of Him. It would be like spitting in His Face, for lack of a better explanation. And who but the most evil of men could do such a thing?

You do not have to believe in it, to offer respect of what others believe as Holy. We respect the Christians beliefs, and do not insult them or their God or their Books, or the Jews or their God or their Books, and since it is the same God that we believe in, why would they not afford the same respect we offer their beliefs? They do not have to believe it themselves, to respect our beliefs.

You have never seen a Muslim insult ANY of the Holy Books, or ANY of the Prophets (as)... ever.. yet in return, they insult ours? They even spit in the Face of the same God they profess to believe in, when they burn the Holy Books... this is what Christianity brings?

If you want to know, this pastor has not helped the case of the Iranian man who is being tried for apostasy... has only given a reason why apostasy is wrong and should be punished, because Christianity does not seek to coexist with Islam, it seeks to destroy all that Islam holds Holy.

That is what the Florida man proved. The Florida man proved that the religion of Christianity as practiced and taught today, can never exist side by side with Islam in peace and respect one of the other. Because Christianity seeks nothing but destruction, and brings nothing but destruction, and Christians cannot even go so far as to be bothered to respect even God Himself.


If even in the spirit of brotherhood of man, and kindness to ones neighbor.


edit on 30-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela
 



While I do agree with you that this pastor has done nothing for the case of the Iranian pastor, I must disagree with your assertion that Muslims have never burned a bible or disrespected another religion.


Muslims burn Bibles in protest

Just one of the many instances.

The disrespect goes both ways, but I do believe that extremist Muslims are more violent that extremist Christians.

Case and point



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
reply to post by Jameela
 



While I do agree with you that this pastor has done nothing for the case of the Iranian pastor, I must disagree with your assertion that Muslims have never burned a bible or disrespected another religion.


Muslims burn Bibles in protest

Just one of the many instances.

The disrespect goes both ways, but I do believe that extremist Muslims are more violent that extremist Christians.

Case and point




Your cases in point are wahabis who do not follow the teachings of Islam, who, by the way, your government funds and arms world wide for their own ends, without regard to the human lives that will cost.

Wahabis do not now, nor will they ever represent any part of Islam... they are less than 1% of the world population who call themselves Muslims, yet oddly the only ones who get air time, most likely because that also serves well the US interests.

They are US puppets, not Muslims....paid by the US to do the things they do...


edit on 30-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela
 



Thank you for the enlightenment. I was not aware that these Muslims were not actual Muslims. But by the same token, this Pastor burning the Koran does not represent the majority of Christians around the world. He is just a schmuck trying to get cash for his pocket I mean church.

And please, do not confuse the US government for the US citizen. Believe me, if it were up to most of us, there would be nothing but worldwide peace.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
reply to post by Jameela
 



Thank you for the enlightenment. I was not aware that these Muslims were not actual Muslims. But by the same token, this Pastor burning the Koran does not represent the majority of Christians around the world. He is just a schmuck trying to get cash for his pocket I mean church.

And please, do not confuse the US government for the US citizen. Believe me, if it were up to most of us, there would be nothing but worldwide peace.


What do we see of Christians? We see Christian countries and Christian armies coming to our countries where we were once happy and come to bomb us, kill our men, rape the women, and leave the children orphaned and the economy so bad many are hungry now, and have no jobs to go to

We see Pastors calling for our deaths and our countries' bombing on the TV, other Pastors burning our Quran...and these same soldiers Christian burning our Quran...

we do not see Nice happy Christians who care anything about us..

we do see a lot of evil coming from Christianity.

In other thread on this site, we see Christian men calling for the bombing of Iran so he can lay with Persian women... wonderful christian teachings there...brotherly love and all this...From where we sit, your idea of brotherly love is trash, and pure evil.




edit on 30-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela

What do we see of Christians? We see Christian countries and Christian armies coming to our countries where we were once happy and come to bomb us, kill our men, rape the women, and leave the children orphaned and the economy so bad many are hungry now, and have no jobs to go to

We see Pastors calling for our deaths and our countries' bombing on the TV, other Pastors burning our Quran...and these same soldiers Christian burning our Quran...

we do not see Nice happy Christians who care anything about us..

we do see a lot of evil coming from Christianity.

In other thread on this site, we see Christian men calling for the bombing of Iran so he can lay with Persian women... wonderful christian teachings there...brotherly love and all this...From where we sit, your idea of brotherly love is trash, and pure evil.




edit on 30-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)


These Christians are not a direct representation of Christianity, just as you have pointed out about the Whabbiest. These are just the ones that get the air time.

Also, the Christian armies are not Christian armies. The US military has all faiths, including Muslims, Jews and Christians.

Here is another example of true Christians trying to show what they are about.

Christian s dine with Muslims

Lets you and I make a deal. I as an American Christian will pledge to look into the Muslim way of life for this entire week if you do the same for Christians. I pledge to delve deep and really try to understand the true Muslim, not what we are force fed through MSM. If I have any questions, I will PM you and I invite you to do the same. Deal?

I promise you, the majority of us are good people who want to coexist. We are not as we are portrayed just you you are not as you are portrayed.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights
 


Its a deal.. and by the way, I do live in America as I attend the University here. I am tired right now so my english has lost..
sorry for that, it is something that happens when I am tired.

I know not all Americans are the same, but this is what we see, especially when we are in our own countries. (with the added false stories too, like all Americans are wealthy
) so what I may personally know, is not what all see, especially those who have never come to America. We see it from our part of the globe, not yours...

You have never seen it from ours.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by FlyersFan
 


It's not how I imagine a Pastor of Christianity to behave. I've no great knowledge of religion, but, I can't imagine Jesus doing something like that. I thought it was meant to be about loving thy neighbor and doing unto other as you would have done to you.

As you say, he has a right under your constitution to do it. Just a shame the pastor can't follow the religious constitution he claims to believe in.



Just as many here at ATS claim the rantings of various Muslim extremists preaching hate and violence doesn't represent Islam on the whole, neither does the actions of this one nut case represent Christianity on the whole.

The guy has the right to say or burn what he wants.

Doesn't make it right nor righteous..



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69
 



This is exactly why I posted this thread. To show that this guy is not a representable cross section of America or Christianity as a whole.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
People should have the right to say whatever they want as long as it doesn't incite.


Meanwhile back at the ranch I havent seen you on those threads where people are posting links to videos and stories of some Islamic extremists who are preaching hate and violence.


But there is a difference between having the right to say something, and making the moral decision not to.


Hold only those of the supposed Christian faith to a higher standard but give Muslim extremists a pass?



This "preacher" is nothing but an attention w**re. He's a radical lunatic who likes the limelight. He wants to be a celebrity, and he loves when the cameras are on him.


AGAIN, Where are you on those much more numerous stories and threads about Islamic extremism?


He couldn't give a rats ass about God, prisoners, Iran... The only thing he has done is increase the hatred the rest of the world feels for radicalized American Christians.


I think you don't give a rats ass about "Religious extremists" just choose to jump on the slam the US for whatever reason bandwagon.

In My Not So Humble Opinion
edit on 30-4-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
4
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join