It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear every USA Citizen out there of voting age.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Okay that's IT.

I got to page ,what, 11? of the post about Ron winning Louisiana and saw nothing but bickering. The same old junk all the time.

So we obviously have two sides in the Country with this current election period:

1. Those who love the laws upon laws upon laws crushing us as people down, Those who crave to have the gov't control every single tiny miniscule thing we ever do. Those who love war war war! Those who love the worse debt we're getting into daily. Those who want to be hand held by the govt for life because maybe they're used to it by now and don't want change or something better called freedom as a whole.

2. Those who are tired of the above, worried, don't want their Country to fall, are tired of wars, the gov't running us and speaking down to us, have backwards priorities etc, are sick of the rising debt, have hope and faith and finally found a voice with many others to back someone who wants what we all do. End of gov't control.

Really? This?!
It makes me very sad to be here because of the fact that it seems lots of people were totally against Obama for 3 years and now suddenly adore him. We're more in debt since his reign, we have more people on welfare since his reign, women are losing rights since his reign (I say his reign because the gov't also does a lot of evil stuff to control us)..... I'm just tired of seeing my fellow Americans loving being held down but thinking it's all good because of some carrot dangling from a string that speaks to them personally.

People get mad because this, this and this is going on. Yet they want to vote in those who will assuredly keep this, this and this going on and progressively get worse.

Please explain WHY some of the populace crave being under the govt regime? Do you all actually enjoy all the crazy stuff going on? All the new horrific laws coming about? The wars? The ever increasing debt? The rate it's going, they'll have to invent a new name for the number amount once we pass a trillion. Quadrillion? Megaquadrilion?

When is it going to be enough? When will you all realize? When it personally affects you? Affecting the next town doesn't matter, right? Or that guy in the next State. It's not you. The day comes when say we have to have gov't monitoring cameras recording in our homes 24/7, will that be the last straw? Or will ya feel that's just fine too?

I seriously seriously do NOT understand the mindsets. People cry because things are so hard to live with; prices inflating, laws coming in that are horrific. We get the chance to see change, to fix things, and you all don't /want/ it????

Make up your minds.

True, all gov't people lie. All of them. ALL of them. I as a Ron Paul supporter even know this as fact. But who you vote for, who you support, says a lot about what YOU personally believe in. I believe Paul, if he's lying or not. Because that is how I see life and would like it to be. Therefore, those who like the other candidates obviously feel THAT is what they personally enjoy and want. Think about it.

Perhaps all candidates DON'T lie. Maybe they all say the truth but once they get elected, they're told they can not hold their promises and have to do what the govt says as well, like it or not. So they look like liars to us - though maybe they're allowed to do a few things they promised just to hold water.

Who really knows? Until past POTUS's come forward and spill the proverbial beans, my guess is as good as yours.

But I DO know that I'm standing behind the man who shares MY ideas of what I personally would LOVE to see happen to this Country and it's people. Your candidate hopeful is basically saying what you personally wish would happen. Seriously.

Think about it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Stars and flags to you!

It is called the herd mentality! Cognitive Disonance etc. etc.... Humanity has doomed itself to utter failure, because of arrogance, greed, selfishness and the list goes on!

People for some reason or the other would rather pick a team and stay with it over a few common things they agree with, rather than just do what is the right and compassionate thing to do. Common sense has been taken over by the mob mentality!

I hope your search for peace finds some ending that makes sense. I know that every day I struggle with, "Why not just eat a bullet and get it over with.". The only thing that keeps me going, is that I have a fire in me, and I am willing to give my life to better humanity and give people their born right to be free human beings.......

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Why did I know this was a Ron Paul thread even before I entered it?

I constantly see about 5-10% support for Ron Paul. But it certainly is a vocal 5-10%, and a very whiny 5-10%.

I am convinced that if it wasn't for Ron Paul's supporters, he would have made a much better showing.

His supporters pushed me away 4 years ago.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833

1. Those who love the laws upon laws upon laws crushing us as people down, Those who crave to have the gov't control every single tiny miniscule thing we ever do. Those who love war war war! Those who love the worse debt we're getting into daily. Those who want to be hand held by the govt for life because maybe they're used to it by now and don't want change or something better called freedom as a whole.

Those kind of people will never admit that being the way they like everything. They claim to "love freedom" and would fight to the death to protect it. But like most everyone else in this country they are completely full of it...

S&F for you. Ron Paul 2012!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
You must be for States rights over the Fed so that states can go back to banning abortions and making minorities become segregated again. Suppose you want to see the comeback of the plantation with all of its human slaves too. You must also be for your boss and coworkers able to go back to the pinching your backside behaviors in their constant persuit to have sex in the office, because if you are sexually harrassed Ron Paul stated on national TV that you should just go home. Perhaps he believes that is where all women should be, barefoot and pregnant with hot dinner on the table. He didnt go quite that far in his speach but it does lead down that road.
If you are a biggotted woman hater, Ron Paul's agenda will fit you like a glove.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Votes dont matter the only people I know that like obama make up a very small faction of people. It is all a lie I can guarantee No matter how many voters vote against him (even if it was 99% of the people) he wont lose.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Okay that's IT.

Make up your minds.

True, all gov't people lie. All of them. ALL of them. I as a Ron Paul supporter even know this as fact.

Perhaps all candidates DON'T lie.

WELL, which is it?? Either "they ALL lie" or "all candidates DON'T lie"???

Perhaps it may be wise to take your own advice here and "make up your mind"!

And please do tell when Ron Paul ever told a lie.

edit on 29-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

Okay that's IT.

Make up your minds.

True, all gov't people lie. All of them. ALL of them. I as a Ron Paul supporter even know this as fact.

Perhaps all candidates DON'T lie.

WELL, which is it?? Either "they ALL lie" or "all candidates DON'T lie"???

Perhaps it may be wise to take your own advice here and "make up your mind"!

And please do tell when Ron Paul ever told a lie.

edit on 29-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

That's easy, he lied about his involvement in his racist Newsletters. He changed his story 3 times and even explained why he lied one of the times, under the advice of his campaign manager at the time.

So there you go, your Messiah is flawed, go cry.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

I constantly see about 5-10% support for Ron Paul. But it certainly is a vocal 5-10%, and a very whiny 5-10%.

I am convinced that if it wasn't for Ron Paul's supporters, he would have made a much better showing.

Calling total BS on this... This isn't a RP thread but how dare her talk about paul when talking about politics... fail

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
All citizens need to start learning the law and stop their bickering, the law clearly states that voting is a crime don't believe me look up.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Actually, before I learned more about him, I thought Dr. Paul supporters were very much like you. I'm glad I gave him a chance.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Please explain to me why someone not being an RP supporter means that ones craves governance and adores the status quo.

This type of thought is exactly why the rp crowd is called cultish. The same old, tired "i f you don't agree with me you're Supporting the problem" mentality that serves to only divide.

The rp cult IS what they claim to be against.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

It's a mentality like this that is actually wrong with the country. Things aren't black and white yet everyone seems to fall into this either/or paradigm. Either you're Republican or Democrat. Either you're left or right. Either you're an x supporter or you hate America. The world doesn't work that way. As long as we keep voluntarily dividing ourselves over petty differences those in power win. It always amazes me how Ron Paul supporters can claim to be for change and what have you while still blatantly supporting the current system by finding new ways to separate themselves from everyone else. If we truly want change we not only need to get rid of the two party system but the divisiveness that has seeped into every aspect of our lives.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

It's a mentality like this that is actually wrong with the country. Things aren't black and white yet everyone seems to fall into this either/or paradigm. Either you're Republican or Democrat. Either you're left or right. Either you're an x supporter or you hate America. The world doesn't work that way. As long as we keep voluntarily dividing ourselves over petty differences those in power win. It always amazes me how Ron Paul supporters can claim to be for change and what have you while still blatantly supporting the current system by finding new ways to separate themselves from everyone else. If we truly want change we not only need to get rid of the two party system but the divisiveness that has seeped into every aspect of our lives.

You know? That actually makes tons of sense. Tons. I DO notice the either/or and have fallen to that way of thinking myself, in a lot of areas aside just political. I think that's just how 'we' are wired to think. It's hard to get out of that mode as well.

Agree in full we need to stop the parties and come together as one. It's actually no doubt one of the only ways TO help fix things as they've been going.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Good thread indeed.
The way I see it it's the mindset that has been changed. There's a lot of people at as local level that just love to push restrictive laws. For example while everyone talking now of the Federal ban on cells while driving. I seen that first at a local/state level. While I don't believe it's a safe thing to do while driving at all, in fact I've almost been hit in the car and not by people talking on cells. Did you know it's illegal now to smoke while driving in California? I am sure that will be debated nationally next.

The point is a lot of the bigger mandates start in smaller places. As well as the "nanny state". Do we really need to be told things that are common sense. Or we really that gone? Hold our hands please! Please please tell me what I need to do! Or are we just that gone or do the weekend crusaders really need a life?

edit on 29-4-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
the main political parties in america may be republican and democrat; and bipartisanshipmay be the focus of political agenda in american politics. why do u group all americans into 2 groups but talk about ron paul? why do u talk about obama and not about mitt as well? if i take your carburetor or alternator out of your car will it still work? do u agree with states rights? do you agree with the wars concurrently? do you agree with roe vs wade? do you agree with public assistance and unemployment etceteros? do you agree with the country failing or taking a tone that is domineering in nature to your "rights"?

these are all political issues and i do not agree with the notion that an elected official is going to make decisions for the benefit of my individual self regarding them.

ron paul panders to values that are too close to what i can most perceive as being a "good ol boys club"; kinda like the democrats and republicans but more gentle and acceptable. that some people have not experienced arriving on american shores and seeing the statue of liberty is true but to say lets take this apart and give u my definition of liberty in light of having been an american for generations is troublesome in light of their intentions liberty or not. how can any sane person politically active in their own interest finds ron paul or the liberty platform as anything more than a detractor to their own goals is surprising.

if ron paul is elected and each aspect of the liberty platform is enacted immediately how will this effect me?

*first point makes moot the works of MY forefathers in the sphere of civil rights.
*second point supports hate speech as well as free speech that is infrigent on the rights of a persons dignity
*third point associates use of plants with the idea that it is something that should be a privatized act; why get involved.(period: i love the devil i know better than the devil thats unfamiliar)
*fourth point failed to mention race; even though miscegenation is apparent in american law (just recently in my parish last year a judge decided not to award a marriage licence to an interracial couple and it happens more frequently than not of its occurrence being rare)
*a hand off approach to abortion is like a hands off approach to civil rights; another problem.
*crime and justice but no justice and crime for the millions of people incarcerated by proxy of quiet wars; what about private prisons?
*why proclaim to define the use of force? america is defined by its use of mob justice locally and globally historically.
*no such thing as a free and competitive market especially without force for such to maintain and exist; the nasdaq and nyse have proven as well as other forms of economic markets that the ideal function based on market value is false.

i could go down the bullet with the points they do stand "for". ron paul is less for me than a barak sitting in a rosa parks seat or a newt chastising a community im kin to/with because "students should be janitors"; or a romney thinking i accept his adept use of american freedoms to prosper while he cultivate his mormon ways(no disrespect intended mormons); or a santorum too interested in playing politics with religion to pay for his childrens education.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Going to the polls isn't going to change this country.
We first have to get to that place where our votes actually
count for something before we bother taking a vote, otherwise
we'll be starring down the S.S.D.D. barrel all over again.

I've said this once and I'll say it again:
You're votes count for squat.
Until we rid ourselves of those that do
make the "electoral" decisions, your bickering about
who will "make change" doesn't amount to $h!t.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

You mean of voting age...that can vote!

Ex-felons need not apply...I haven't been able to vote in almost two decades!

Tell me what is wrong with that picture!

I can't even consider caring what happens in our government...since I have no say either way!

I truly can say F'em all...since they are the ones that make it impossible to let me have a vote in my own country...if Ron Paul were to say..."...all felons that were convicted 10 years ago....now have their rights back..." you can bet he would be in office come the closing of this season!

Oh ya...by the way..."...here are the rest of your rights back too..."!

ETA: Just another thought...maybe that is why the U.S. has more people in prison (per capita) than anyplace on the planet...the statistics for being convicted of a felony are staggering in the U.S.!
edit on 30-4-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

You're exactly right, I have to say though that while not a Paul supporter I think it's good to see people exposing the BS that is our election process is a great thing. The GOP is floundering all over the place trying to keep Ron Paul down, and that is because he won't play their game. I don't support his viewpoints on a lot but it is clear that man has integrity and won't roll over. I don't think he will win the nomination but boy is he rattling the status quo and that is awesome.

The more people screaming the game is rigged, the better. Go Ron Paul supporters!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Blissed

Exactly. I don't agree with a lot of Paul's view points either,
but his desire to expose corruption is a plus on his part.

Unfortunately, that plus is also the nail in his coffin.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join