It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men: Your thoughts on tattoos and women?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Hot, if done precisely,elegantly, with meaning and or purpose, as with all things.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
honestly tats are a distraction during sex for me. my instincts want to focus on characteristics of my partners body intensely during that time, and anything else is secondary.
Instead of reading something or looking at a picture id rather look at a curve or muscle.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
No hate, but I think tattoos make a woman uglier, not prettier, its a detraction. Others can think what they want, I could care less what someone else finds attractive.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Well, show me the tattoo that will look as good and be a point of pride on a 75yr old body as equally as it is on the 15yr old or 25 yr old it starts on.
Many people don't make it to 75 years. Many people don't even want to.

A tattoo is not for others. It is for the person whose body it is on. To each their own.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I'm a fan of all body modifications, piercings, tattoos, even scarification.
I'm not religious in the slightest, but I see the human body as a vessel.
It carries your heart, your brain, and your soul.
It is yours to do with absolutely as you wish, to mark how you want, cover how you want, and treat how you want.
I find tattoos on both men, and women attractive. Same with piercings.
The 'growing horns' thing isn't to my personal taste, but friends of mine have micro dermals and they are lovely.

That said I don't have a single tattoo, and I only have my ears pierced.
(I had my lip done, but my stupid ex made me take it out - something I've regretted ever since, and fully intend on rectifying in the near future)

I have a rule. If I want the tattoo for longer than 5-10 years, then I'm certain it's the right decision.
I have wanted the same thing doing for 11 years now.
The only thing stopping me is time, and money. But it will happen.

A perfect circle logo

reply to post by BrokenCircles

You have the symbol in your avatar.. XD

edit on 30-4-2012 by Deplume because: Fail spelling is fail.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by silent thunder

no problems with me
as long as it's tasteful and not excessive

lol no fat chicks, butchy is fine but not obese
also no masochists, i'm talking about girls that tattoo in very painful places of course

an example of tasteless, woman not tattoo though

lol mate im sure when kat von D hits her mid 40's and gets a fat ass and all her tats start to hang from her body youll rub her from your list too,lol

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I have 4. All drawn by me, then re-drawn by someone that actually can draw, so they are original. All are in areas that can be covered with ease and no tramp stamp.
I believe the body is only a shell. You don't take it with you, so why not decorated it the way you want while you are here? You can't control the genetics of your body, but you can make aesthetic changes.

My husband loves them.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

wicked pic and funny commentary!!! in a tattoo artist and i have a lot of ink as well.
many people ask me what i'm gonna do when i get older,and i lways reply --- i will get them re done!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

Originally posted by Deplume

You have the symbol in your avatar.. XD
That symbol is actually the only ink that I have on my body.

[color=FFB778]What I like the most about it, is that it will always be 'A Perfect Circle', but what that actually means to me~ can, has, & will change over time.

edit on 4/30/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Am I the only one who was hoping this thread would be full of tattoo pics on the curvier parts of women's bodies?

Does that make me a dirty old man?

Busted.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Growing up my mom and dad always told me that they would disown me if i ever had a tattoo.
It was mainly because most of the people that were in tattoos in their country, El Salvador, were gang members from La Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13). That and they always said bums and trashy people had tattoos.

So I viewed it the way they did almost my whole life until i joined the navy.

I met a girl about 4 years in and she worked at a tattoo shop and i fell in love with her... she was sooo colorful with sleeves tats behind her ears and her fingers legs and pretty much everywhere...

I love women with tattoos now. i regret all the chicks i could have been with that have tattoos but oh well.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
Am I the only one who was hoping this thread would be full of tattoo pics on the curvier parts of women's bodies?

Busted.

LMAO i had high hopes for them too... the first ones were a tease...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I absolutely adore women with tattoos. I love colored tattoos on belly, side belly area, side legs and back (shoulder area) on a womans body. It's the first time I'm hearing about hate for women with tattoos. Females are meant to be loved not hated.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

In modern American society that is- if it's the normal standard for women to shave their bodies, wax their faces, manicure their nails, wear high heels.. etc. Then they should be able to decorate their own bodies how ever the # they please. I have 1 tattoo and 7 piercings and i'm a damn beautiful woman.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I have a couple of tattoos and my boyfriend loves them. He has a couple and is scheduled to get another in early June. I think tasteful tattoos look good on anyone, women or men. Why does it matter what someone does to thier body anyway? If you don't like them on women, don't date women with them. Pretty simple I think.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I can either take them or leave them.

To me, tattoos can be sexy, as long as they are in a location that can be covered up by normal clothing so if going to a formal occasion, it doesn't look trashy...but when in a revealing outfit or lingerie, it's pretty hot. Of course, this depends on what the tattoo is, also...

Facial tattoos are right out for me...and I don't like them on hands either.

Just like anything, too much of a good thing, is simply too much too.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit

Busted.

Yes,yes it does.That's what google is for perv

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I have 2 tattoos 1 6 inches on my shoulder blade and 1 on the base of my spine. Other half loves them as it gives him something to look at when he's (cough, you know) He also places a roll up behind my ear for him for to smoke afterwards........ I just love his romantic side.
Both tattoos have 5 blue roses and scroll work. The blue roses represents the men in my life.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I live in New Zealand where everybody had tattoos. I have no problem with tattooed women. The missus and I both have Tats.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by Deplume

That symbol is actually the only ink that I have on my body.
[color=FFB778]What I like the most about it, is that it will always be 'A Perfect Circle', but what that actually means to me~ can, has, & will change over time.

Completely agree. It might not be unique, but I love knowing that what, for almost everyone else anyway, is just a couple of cute half moons, to me represents a huge chunk of my life.
I love A Perfect Circle, Mer de noms changed my life, and got me through some hideous times.
If I ever decided I didn't like them anymore (as if.. lol) then it would just be a couple of cute half moons.
Better than having a bands actual name emblazoned across my chest, Not that I'd ever judge another women for doing it, it's just not my thing..

I have to confess though, It's not just the time or money that stops me from getting it done.
I would like it on my inner wrist, and if it wasn't perfect, it would drive me mad. It really would have to be PERFECT for me to have it there for the rest of my life. And I don't really trust any tattoo artists to do it without ballsing it up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join