It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men: Your thoughts on tattoos and women?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

This seems to be one of those hot-button issues among men. I see a lot of frothing on teh internets about how awful it is for women to get tattoos. Personally, I've never understood the hate.

An illustrated woman can be a beautiful thing, IMHO. A good tattoo can bring out a lot on a woman's body and also show something of her inner self.

I often have found myself attracted to the tattoo'd type, too. Yes, there is a type, and like all types, its impossible to characterize it 100%, but as a general phenomenon, women of a certain personality type tend to like ink. And I tend to like that type of girl.

Deal with it, haters.

edit on 4/29/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

tattoos on women are fine, its when you get stuff like the below link, it gets stupid

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I love women with tattoos

The most obvious one would be Kat Von D. Yummy!!

+3 more 
link   
Tattooing a woman's body is like spray-paint on a Ferrari. It's just trashy.

link   
It all depends on the quality of the work and of course the woman's body. A tattooed fatty is kinda like putting 24 inch wheels on a Honda civic.......

Comparatively a horrible tattoo on a gorgeous body is kinda like putting dingle balls around the windows of a Ferarri.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If your asking for an honest opinion, I'll throw one out from discussions my wife and I had over the years on it.

I'm fine with her getting something small if she ever wants to, in memory of or about something deeply personal. Likewise, she's fine with me doing the same. Neither of us ever have.

Outside of that? Well, show me the tattoo that will look as good and be a point of pride on a 75yr old body as equally as it is on the 15yr old or 25 yr old it starts on. If such a drawing exists, then I suppose I'd be fine with seeing it on my other half for years of meaning. Otherwise, it seemed to us both in talking about this...whatever master artwork it may start as, the canvas itself makes it less art and more a multi-color oops for meaning as the years do their work and skin isn't soft, smooth and pretty for pictures into the future.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
...Outside of that? Well, show me the tattoo that will look as good and be a point of pride on a 75yr old body as equally as it is on the 15yr old or 25 yr old it starts on. If such a drawing exists, then I suppose I'd be fine with seeing it on my other half for years of meaning. Otherwise, it seemed to us both in talking about this...whatever master artwork it may start as, the canvas itself makes it less art and more a multi-color oops for meaning as the years do their work and skin isn't soft, smooth and pretty for pictures into the future.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I love it! As long as its tasteful and not some tacky horribly done stupidity. Like the suicidegirls they usually always have some amazing artwork that is not trashy. Same goes for the Sailor Jerry types as well.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

no problems with me
as long as it's tasteful and not excessive

lol no fat chicks, butchy is fine but not obese
also no masochists, i'm talking about girls that tattoo in very painful places of course

an example of tasteless, woman not tattoo though

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Wow dude that pic is a huge turn on! It should be called Tattooed Men of Bear............. They look like they belong in a gay leather club. Thank the stars for hookers, they are gonna need them.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Apparently some girls don't like guys having tattoo's either. This girl was outraged. www.sickchirpse.com...

I guess it depends on what tattoo you have, i don't like tattoo's on girls because it means someone has left their mark on her, if she likes it though you gotta put up with it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
My girlfriend has 39 tattoo's and she plans on getting more. I'm not into that many tattoo's but we have a very strong connection so it overrides it for me,she also has a few facial piercings. By contrast I'm unmarked and I sometimes wonder if people think the match up is funny.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Indeed... The tats look just as ridiculous and BAD on old men as they do on mature ladies, eh? I'd have been considerably more direct and cutting in my opinions but for the fact you made it strictly about men's views regarding female tattoos

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I have two tattoos and both are deeply meaningful for me. My first one is on my right shoulder blade and is of the Celtic knot called a triquetra, which is the symbol for Trinity. It has many different meanings, but the one I chose to focus on for my purpose is past, present, future. Within the knot are the names of my three sons, one in each "bow". The second tattoo is of a ladybug and it is on my shoulder. It is only slightly larger than life~size and is also very meaningful because my Great Grandmother (a very special person in my life) always used to say; "If a ladybug lands on your shoulder that means goodluck."

Both are small and can be concealed when need be or can be displayed without showing too much flesh. I think they are tasteful, not trashy. And anyone who sees them would know they have meaning and purpose without ever knowing why I chose either of them lol! Plus I don't think they'll look terrible when I'm 80, if we even make it that long

edit on 29-4-2012 by IrishCream because: to add text

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaithisFerenczy

Oh that poor girl! Considering that if we are blessed enough to live a long life, years of youthful looks will have an equal amount of aged appearance. I can't imagine what sort of of creature (sorry but lack for better word!), she will appear in her 60's, 70's & so on.
God love her.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
My wife has a couple small ones. They're hot on her.

One happens to be a certain fellows name (mine) marked right above her pubis. That's extra hot

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Some tattoos are beautiful
Though I have nothing against tattoos - I have always thought that body type painting or less permanent pictorial adornment is a good idea also - I have done body painting and face painting for friends - What a great canvas the Human Body makes

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I have one tattoo and waited a very long time before i got it.
It means alot to me it is two roses with the vines and thornes wrapped into a heart, It represents
my mother and I, the big rose represents my mum and the small rose represents me.
We have been through together and it represents that we will always be there for each other no matter what we go through in life. I think it is very tasteful and is slightly lower than the back of my neck and i can hide it, if i need to.

I will never regret my decision, even when i am old and wrinkly.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
A girl has to be incredibly attractive without tattoos to be attractive with them.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jewells

i know right? i mean im sure shes a nice person, wonderful mother etc but its a bit extreme. i have 2 tattooes and more planned plus a load of facial piercings. the tattoos, i can cover them up for job interviews and such like and the piercings i can take out but she hasnt left herself with that option

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join