It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Biliverdin
reply to post by BIHOTZ
These women were often highly prized later as wives once their service to the goddess had been completed, virgin, at that time, only meant unmarried, it didn't carry to moral undertones that it does today,
Originally posted by monkcaw
Orthodox Christianity has never proclaimed Mary Magdalene a whore. There are more Catholics than the Romans so please, be specific when you speak against Catholics in general (those of us who give a hoot will appreciate it).
114) Simon Peter said to Him, "Let Mary leave us, for women are
not worthy of Life."
Jesus said, "I myself shall lead her in order to make her
male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you
males. For every woman who will make herself male will enter the
Kingdom of Heaven."
3) Peter answered and spoke concerning these same things.
4) He questioned them about the Savior: Did He really speak privately with a woman and not openly to us? Are we to turn about and all listen to her? Did He prefer her to us?
5) Then Mary wept and said to Peter, My brother Peter, what do you think? Do you think that I have thought this up myself in my heart, or that I am lying about the Savior?
6) Levi answered and said to Peter, Peter you have always been hot tempered.
7) Now I see you contending against the woman like the adversaries.
8) But if the Savior made her worthy, who are you indeed to reject her? Surely the Savior knows her very well.
9) That is why He loved her more than us. Rather let us be ashamed and put on the perfect Man, and separate as He commanded us and preach the gospel, not laying down any other rule or other law beyond what the Savior said.
10) And when they heard this they began to go forth to proclaim and to preach.
Originally posted by DasFox
I WAS FINISHED WITH A HOOKER AND TOSSED HER A HUNDRED DOLLAR BILL.
SHE SAID "DON'T THROW MONEY AT ME LIKE i'M SOME KIND OF WHORE!