It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Military and Social Upheaval

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Who here thinks that the military would fire on its own during a massive uprising? I am one of those that believes that they would and in fact have before, here in the US but this isnt the only point to this thread.
NATO wants so bad to enter into the Syrian conflict and it seems that most of the media go along with it, especially since they refuse to call those opposing the Syrian Govt Rebels or Insurgents, instead choosing to call them "Protesters or Rioters".
I was pretty much neutral on the OWS cause but you saw how they were treated when they werent even violent.
Now what do you think wouldve happened if they wouldve been violent?
Look what they did in Waco and Ruby Ridge, over what started out to be a simple gun charge, everyone knows the story so no need in repeating it here.

My main point to this thread is that we had no business interfering in the Egyptian and Libyan civil war and we have no business interfering in Syrian affairs and my secondary point is to show you that the Government has used deadly force in the past, which guaranties that they will again in the future, should an excuse arise.

Source (Activist Post)

While the UN demands that Syria not only allow admittedly armed terrorists to roam freely through its cities, but that they also capitulate to their demands, the West has driven peaceful "Occupy" protesters from the streets of their cities by force. One wonders what events would have followed if protesters being sprayed and beaten in the streets pulled out assault rifles and fired on police. Would Washington withdraw security forces and entertain their demands?

While the West demands Syria pull its security forces from cities where roving bands of terrorists are on record committing widespread atrocities including the kidnapping, torture, and murder of civilians, as documented by the West's own Human Rights Watch report, "Syria: Armed Opposition Groups Committing Abuses," it has denied its own citizens the right to even peacefully assemble at "Occupy" protests to address their grievances back home.

No, this is Waco, Texas after a combination of military and federal security forces raided, burned down, and killed nearly every man, woman, and child in this sprawling complex located on private property. The US will kill its own citizens with weapons of war just for breaking their laws, mentioning nothing of what they would do should Americans take to the streets and carry out a campaign of terror while demanding the government step down.

Hardly unarmed civilians, meet Syria's tank-driving, rocket-firing, Kalashnikov-waving rebels. Had rioters in Los Angeles raided government armories and patrols, capturing armored vehicles and rocket launchers, or had violence escalated to the point where such weapons were crossing in from Mexico, surely Washington would have mobilized armored divisions, gunships, and aircraft to crush them and would be considered negligent if they failed to do so.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Wasn't the media told to stand down on the Syria stories for "national security " ?

More of us being dictated to!!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If anyone is sufficiently violent towards American cops, the next step will be immediate military escalation. It also wouldn't be with domestic troops. They'd hire mercs from overseas; soldiers who had no loyalty to or familiarity with Americans, and would have no reservations about shooting you.

This is something that Alex Jones and friends have been talking about for years. If the cabal needs to pacify an American revolution, they won't be using American soldiers to do it. They'll outsource.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I agree, they would definitely outsource either with mercs or foreign troops/UN, probably both.
I think this is what they want though because they did everything they could to try and incite violence from the OWS folks, cracking a war vets skull, pepper spraying people just sitting on the ground.
Now they seem to be fanning the racism flames in the Zimmerman case in Florida, its like they want us to get out of control, so they can invoke a martial law and completely take control.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
NATO doesn't need to enter the Syrian conflict since they have a proxy Rebel force in action for them removing any government they don't like.

as for an uprising in America, if it happened, our Rebels would need to be very tactical and efficient, moving quickly to cut their communications and the chain of command.

would US govt fire on citizens? yes.
would US military? million dollar question.
it's a given that some would defect with knowledge of targets and caches of weapons for the Rebellion,
they would instantly be made out to be terrorists etc...enemies of the state.

if it happens and people decide to revolt, you better get it right the first time or else you'll have the real Fascist entity show it's face.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I agree with everything you posted, however an armed revolt here would not stand a chance against the full resources available to the DoD.
Predators armed with Infrared sensors will find a person and any bunkers in the woods or forests that you might try to hide in and then its hellfire missiles would take you out.
Also, im sure that the FBI and DHS already have plants inside of militia groups and gun clubs, who would then relay information regarding plans or hidden weapons caches.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Nice thread. Military (at least many of them) will have no compunction firing on civilians, and have done so before inside the USA on several occassions.

I've been asking in several threads why the USA needs such a large armed force inside their own borders, when they have NEVER successfully repelled any invasion force.

The only reason for such a large military based at home is for civilian control.

I just wonder why so many American support the amount of money being spent on the military, when it's pretty obvious that the only reason the military is there is to be used against AMERICANS in times of national turmoil.

Of course, MSM has conditioned the American public that any sort of cut in military spending or not supporting the military is unpatriotic.

Sure, a small portion of the military is used in places like Iraq and Afghanistan, but the bulk of the military is housed inside the USA.
edit on 29-4-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by yourmaker

I agree with everything you posted, however an armed revolt here would not stand a chance against the full resources available to the DoD.
Predators armed with Infrared sensors will find a person and any bunkers in the woods or forests that you might try to hide in and then its hellfire missiles would take you out.
Also, im sure that the FBI and DHS already have plants inside of militia groups and gun clubs, who would then relay information regarding plans or hidden weapons caches.

a lot of the Dod's resources would be confiscated in the first act of a true rebellion by those willing and able.
corporations would also defect guaranteed so a lot of their hardware and technical abilities would be put to use as well. I know that the technologic supremacy of the government through military hardware seems impossible to confront until you realize that the ones controlling the tech are some of the same people that would defect when they see the bigger picture coming together in ways we all know are possible due to history.
but yes, the predators that are still operational would need to be neutralized, not in the sky, but at operations HQ and the runways, if it got to that point. for now i'd say there will be a peace for around 5-10 years, the police state and military state will combine with a corporate state then it will all become an inevitability, they will fire the first shot, the real first shot.

top topics

join