It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Asked to Investigate Obama Campaign as illegal IRS documents obtained to smear Romney

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Again NOM is a 501(c)(4) organization this means there is not for profit and are a Tax-exempt Political Organization.As such they are not required to make there donors public meaning someone from the IRS released this information.Since apparently you wont believe me since i allready stated you were wrong perhaps you will listen to the president of the United States!!!!!!!!!!!

President Obama Tweets for 501(c)(4) Donor Disclosure
edit on 4/29/12 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Nope, in fact your link to the claim that Obama "tweets for 501(c) donor disclosure" is an even worse false claim. Read what he tweeted:

“@Messina2012 challenges the Koch brothers to disclose the donors funding their attack ads.” The president then clarified his syntax in another tweet, calling on Americans to “Add your name to demand that the Koch brothers make their donors public.”

He didn't mention 501(c)'s, he only mentioned the Kochs and their PACs.

NOM is an entirely different entity. Again, the IRS rules that I linked to in an earlier post specifically state that TAX-EXEMPT POLITICAL ORGANIZATION are required to disclose this information. NOM is not a tax-exempt charity. It is not a tax-exempt organization. It is a tax-exempt POLITICAL organization. Lumping it in with charities is a miscue, just as lumping it in with PAC's, as obviously what Obama was referring to in your link.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Since they are a 501(c)(4) and you keep ignoring that! They are classified as “social welfare organizations” under the IRS code. Such groups must be primarily engaged in the promotion of social welfare. While they may engage political activity, such activity cannot constitute the organization’s “primary activity.” There is no specific test for whether a 501(c)(4)s primary activity is political.The only requirement is they must make there Form 990 public this is basically a list of expenditures.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
They are classified as a tax-exempt political organization. To be technical, the actual IRS description of 501(c)(4) is "Civic Leagues, Social Welfare Organizations, and Local Associations of Employees".

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
They are classified as a tax-exempt political organization. To be technical, the actual IRS description of 501(c)(4) is "Civic Leagues, Social Welfare Organizations, and Local Associations of Employees".

Very rarely do i have someone prove me right in there own rebuttal??? As i said they are a “social welfare organization” as such not required to make donors public.Where have you been under a rock the democrats were making a huge deal of the super pacs getting 501(c)(4).They dont like the fact that it allows corporate contributions and doesnt require public release of donor information. So you can keep arguing yourself into a corner but there is only 1 right answer here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join