It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there Ex-Ron Paul Supporters out there???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
reply to post by Doalrite

Me
I no longer support Ron Paul

Same questions to you sir as the above post

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
You've got one right here. I fully admit I supported him in '08. The more I have researched, the more I have learned about him, the less I like him.

I am an Ex-RP supporter, and proud of it.

That cool I respect it if what you say is true and I'm not calling you a liar,

Since you seem to be a rarity why is it that you supported ron paul in the first place and what have you learned that makes you like him less..

Do you still agree with those things you agreed with before and what are they?

Who do you support now?

I supported him, more than anything, based on his track record of consistency. I still respect the man for the fact that he doesnt waver.

That said, the more I researched, the more reasons I found NOT to support him. The first is his stance on abortion. The second is his financial outlook. After that there are more reasons on varying degrees of importance, but these are the two that cemented for me that I will not support him.

I dont support any candidate at this point. I will not support perpetuating a broken system, and no matter who is voted in, that is exactly what is being done.
edit on 29-4-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Me
I no longer support Ron Paul

I like that he considers himself a Republican. I'd like to see the rift it could cause.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You've got one right here. I fully admit I supported him in '08. The more I have researched, the more I have learned about him, the less I like him.

Since you seem to be a rarity why is it that you supported ron paul in the first place and what have you learned that makes you like him less..

Who do you support now?

I supported him, more than anything, based on his track record of consistency. I still respect the man for the fact that he doesnt waver.

That said, the more I researched, the more reasons I found NOT to support him. The first is his stance on abortion. The second is his financial outlook. After that there are more reasons on varying degrees of importance, but these are the two that cemented for me that I will not support him.

I dont support any candidate at this point. I will not support perpetuating a broken system, and no matter who is voted in, that is exactly what is being done.

Can you explain a little more... I think i understand you on the abortion part.. your christian and it is completely against you morals.. ok.. but you think that should be a federal issue?

His financial outlook is what i'm curious about... what do you mean... you think he is wrong about the FED.. or the devaluement of our currency? Or that the dollar should have a standard so that the devaluement of our dollar doesn't just waste our hard earned work.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Who do you support now?

Can you explain a little more... I think i understand you on the abortion part.. your christian and it is completely against you morals.. ok.. but you think that should be a federal issue?

His financial outlook is what i'm curious about... what do you mean... you think he is wrong about the FED.. or the devaluement of our currency? Or that the dollar should have a standard so that the devaluement of our dollar doesn't just waste our hard earned work.

I really dont care to go into all of this again, so I doubt that this will satisfy your question....BUT....

1)
No, I am not a christian, and no it is not against my morals. I will NEVER support a candidate who isnt 100% pro-choice. Especially one who is a gynecologist, of all things.

2)I think all of those things are great in theory. It is the means that he would use to get there that is an issue. His financial plan would do one of two things: put more money in the hands of the few; or, reduce america to third world status.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
"Ex-Ron Paul supporters" is a sort of oxymoron.

When I first found out about Ron Paul during the 2008 elections, didn't agree with him on many things. (I'm a "recovering liberal", you see.) However, what I did notice was that above all, he stood for liberty; and that was more important to me than any of the other ridiculous "wedge" issues the political class (and the ~98% corporate-controlled media) uses to try to distract and control the voters. Things like abortion, religion, gay marriage, etc. In other words, none of these things even matter--if we don't have freedom. Get it?

Now that I've had time to really research and understand what he is saying, our differences in opinion matter even less. Even if he and I disagree--we "agree to disagree". That is, he's not trying to shove his agenda down my throat like Romney/Obama; he wants to let people choose for themselves, rather than having some bought-and-paid-for politician/special-interest group/corporation/unelected bureaucrat choose or legislate for them.

In other words, our differences have faded into the background, and the one thing that I had initially picked up about him as being most important to me, has become even more prominent: above all, this man is all about FREEDOM--and I can get behind that, 100%.

Freedom is a powerful message that appeals to everybody...except to control freaks, totalitarians, and other assorted jerks.

Regarding Dr. Paul, I read something on Teh Internets that I think answers your question: "Once you get bitten by the liberty bug, you'll never wanna get cured."
edit on 29-4-2012 by icanhaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Who do you support now?

I really dont care to go into all of this again, so I doubt that this will satisfy your question....BUT....

1)
No, I am not a christian, and no it is not against my morals. I will NEVER support a candidate who isnt 100% pro-choice. Especially one who is a gynecologist, of all things.

2)I think all of those things are great in theory. It is the means that he would use to get there that is an issue. His financial plan would do one of two things: put more money in the hands of the few; or, reduce america to third world status.

well my understanding of ron pauls stance on abortion is that it should be a state issue not a federal, he has declared he isn't for it but also that he wouldn't pass a federal law against it... seems he sticks to his beliefs and is honest about them.

America is on its way to a third world status, if and when the dollar fails everyone will be broke. So how would his finacial plan put more money in the hands of the few.. because i've researched it as well and haven't found that.. please enlighten me on how that would happen.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

well my understanding of ron pauls stance on abortion is that it should be a state issue not a federal, he has declared he isn't for it but also that he wouldn't pass a federal law against it... seems he sticks to his beliefs and is honest about them. America is on its way to a third world status, if and when the dollar fails everyone will be broke. So how would his finacial plan put more money in the hands of the few.. because i've researched it as well and haven't found that.. please enlighten me on how that would happen.

1)And as I said, I will not, EVER vote for a candidate who isnt 100% pro-choice. And he is not. And I have SERIOUS questions about the character of a man who dedicated his life to women's health, yet doesnt fully support women's reproductive rights. He does stick to his guns, and as I said, I respect him for that. But I dont respect the guns he sticks to in this case.

2)Again, I have talked about this ad-nauseum, and I really dont wish to have another conversation about it. The ideas of "end the fed", of defaulting on debt, of cutting funding to public schooling...ALL would create a larger divide between those who have, and those who dont.
Now, there is a third MAJOR reason why I wont support him anymore, but it is not his fault at all. It is his followers. I believe that they are as dangerous, or moreso, than any candidate that we have seen.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
I wouldn't call myself an EX-supporter, but I am definitely not as behind him as I used to be. The more I watch him, and listened to him the less I like him. I think he's a better politician than people give him credit for. I began to notice different tones and answers when he would be interviewed by a right leaning or left leaning interviewer, especially around the abortion issue. In other words pandering. The thing taht I always respected about him is I thought I knew where he stood, agree or disagree. The more I read and listened the more I realised that's not the case. I still like him more than most other politicians, but that's not saying much.

I was enthralled for a time, with RP, but I too, noticed pandering. But two things that make me really suspicious, skeptical, are his (several) -vehement- denials from 9-11 "Truthers" and his often giving the Illuminati handsign.
I will not vote this November, is all. For anyone.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
yea.. big RP supporter in 2008,

after watching all the news and viewing the data and manipulation of the media ..

it's clear.. who's in control ..

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

well my understanding of ron pauls stance on abortion is that it should be a state issue not a federal, he has declared he isn't for it but also that he wouldn't pass a federal law against it... seems he sticks to his beliefs and is honest about them. America is on its way to a third world status, if and when the dollar fails everyone will be broke. So how would his finacial plan put more money in the hands of the few.. because i've researched it as well and haven't found that.. please enlighten me on how that would happen.

1)And as I said, I will not, EVER vote for a candidate who isnt 100% pro-choice. And he is not. And I have SERIOUS questions about the character of a man who dedicated his life to women's health, yet doesnt fully support women's reproductive rights. He does stick to his guns, and as I said, I respect him for that. But I dont respect the guns he sticks to in this case.

2)Again, I have talked about this ad-nauseum, and I really dont wish to have another conversation about it. The ideas of "end the fed", of defaulting on debt, of cutting funding to public schooling...ALL would create a larger divide between those who have, and those who dont.
Now, there is a third MAJOR reason why I wont support him anymore, but it is not his fault at all. It is his followers. I believe that they are as dangerous, or moreso, than any candidate that we have seen.

You don't wanna have a conversation about it... yet you would rather just come and bash and try to discredit... well how would you ever discredit if you don't have a REAL conversation about it.

You must not be aware of how in debt we are as a nation and where we are going to end up if we keep moving as the great commander and chief says "foward"...

So far your reasons are.. because he would allow women to make a choice that they would have to deal with whether their souls can withstand the fact that they decided for abortion... which isn't your choice to make one way or the other... states rights is a wonderful thing because get this.. if you don't like it you can move and not have to leave the country. Funny as a doctor which you admit you know he is and was, you'd think he'd have alot better idea of what goes on with birth and women. I'm not for abortion.. I have 5 kids and wouldn't ever think of aborting one.. however I'm not for pushing my beliefs on anyone else, yet if the majority of my state was for or against it I would agree with the law.. if people don't then they can move.

Then you demonize RP because his supporters are what? interested? informed? tired of the same old crap that ends up in washington? Ron Paul doesn't promote OWS like obama. His followers are not racist, or haters.. or close minded.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You don't wanna have a conversation about it... yet you would rather just come and bash and try to discredit... well how would you ever discredit if you don't have a REAL conversation about it.

You must not be aware of how in debt we are as a nation and where we are going to end up if we keep moving as the great commander and chief says "foward"...

So far your reasons are.. because he would allow women to make a choice that they would have to deal with whether their souls can withstand the fact that they decided for abortion... which isn't your choice to make one way or the other... states rights is a wonderful thing because get this.. if you don't like it you can move and not have to leave the country. Funny as a doctor which you admit you know he is and was, you'd think he'd have alot better idea of what goes on with birth and women. I'm not for abortion.. I have 5 kids and wouldn't ever think of aborting one.. however I'm not for pushing my beliefs on anyone else, yet if the majority of my state was for or against it I would agree with the law.. if people don't then they can move.

Then you demonize RP because his supporters are what? interested? informed? tired of the same old crap that ends up in washington? Ron Paul doesn't promote OWS like obama. His followers are not racist, or haters.. or close minded.

1)Typical retort of of the RP-cult playbook. You dont like what I have to say, so you write me off as a basher. Ill challenge you the same as I challenge all the cultists who accuse me of such things: Prove it. Quote for me, where I have "bashed" Rp. Show me where i have tried to "discredit" him. Please. Show me. Im tired of all the empty accusations from cultists.

2)You are completely misconstruing my stance on abortion, and doing a poor job of it. My stance is that i will never vote for a candidate who is 100% pro choice. Yet you want to paint it as though im trying to push beliefs. Sad. I am pushing for the ability to make one's OWN choices. You are anti-abortion, so therefore, you cannot understand that, plain and simple. And no, the fact that he is a gyno does not tell me he knows what goes on with a woman's body better. It tells me that he has questionable character. To dedicate ones life to womens health while not supporting their right to make reproductive choices is borderline, at best.

3)Another baseless accusation. Show me where I demonized RP. Go on. SHOW ME. Pathetic, baseless lies to deflect from the fact that you dont like my responses and dont wish to actually discuss them. I stated flatly that I think his followers are very dangerous. That in no way says ANYTHING about RP himself.

You guys really do play the same games you claim to be against.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Ok your right about Ron Paul himself.. its hard to tell the difference when you constantly bash and demonize RP supporters naming them as a cult so that is what shouldve been stated. You want to accuse us of being crazy because we can't stand what is offered by the Establishment as canidates so we get behind the most transparent person we can... I have stated before that I would vote for someone else that had values and character such as Pauls.

If you can't vote for someone who isn't 100 percent pro abortion... well thats just lame.. there are many other things at stake here... you'd rather not vote for someone about abortion and allow americas childeren to starve in what will become a third world country. So shame on you. Don't come at me with you unflexing opinion.

Be as nasty as you want you will only help those who actually have a brain. You may have your beliefs as anyman shall but do not force your beliefs on others if it goes against what they believe in to save their souls.

Your just as bad as those people that scream anti abortion crap... you take such issue and distract from what should be an actual FEDERAL DEBATE.

THIS IS WAY RON PAUL IS THE MAN!!!! He understands it is a STATE ISSUE not a Federal one.. He understands that there is more than just you that lives in america.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Ok your right about Ron Paul himself.. its hard to tell the difference when you constantly bash and demonize RP supporters naming them as a cult so that is what shouldve been stated. You want to accuse us of being crazy because we can't stand what is offered by the Establishment as canidates so we get behind the most transparent person we can... I have stated before that I would vote for someone else that had values and character such as Pauls.

If you can't vote for someone who isn't 100 percent pro abortion... well thats just lame.. there are many other things at stake here... you'd rather not vote for someone about abortion and allow americas childeren to starve in what will become a third world country. So shame on you. Don't come at me with you unflexing opinion.

Be as nasty as you want you will only help those who actually have a brain. You may have your beliefs as anyman shall but do not force your beliefs on others if it goes against what they believe in to save their souls.

Your just as bad as those people that scream anti abortion crap... you take such issue and distract from what should be an actual FEDERAL DEBATE.

THIS IS WAY RON PAUL IS THE MAN!!!! He understands it is a STATE ISSUE not a Federal one.. He understands that there is more than just you that lives in america.

1)My calling Rp followers cultists has nothing to do with what RP stands for, and everything to do with the cult-like mentality that is used when speaking about him. From "if you dont vote RP, you cant complain when blackwater comes" to "if rp loses, blood will be shed" to "those that dont support RP are absolutely pro status-quo"...it IS a dangerous, cult like mentality.

2)My stance on abortion is my own, whether you think it is "lame" or not. It is a topic very important to me, and "shame on you" for telling me what should matter to me the most.

3)If you want to talk about unflexing opinions, look no further than you and your fellow cultists.

4)Please, show me where I am being nasty. Thats 4 accusations now, please, do back at least one of them up. Your'e simply killing your credibility.

5)You say I want to force my beliefs on people because I believe that the people should have the right to CHOOSE. Yet you flat out tell me I am wrong for not supporting RP. Who is forcing beliefs here? Again, THAT is the cult-mentality I am speaking of.

6)I think you mean "you're".

edit on 30-4-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I just have to respond to this, no other Presidential Candidate or past President is better equipped with an informed front line opinion of this divisive topic. Who can say they delivered 4000 babies? Who can say they never found it necessary in there entire career to perform an abortion for the sake of the mothers health ? He is 100% pro-life yet he is prepared to give this to the States, why, so they can fight it out at the local level. He doesn't like it, doesn't want it, but if a liberal state like California votes to have it, he won't stop them. He believes that an education campaign of proper morality would be the next step, one baby step at a time. And he knows it wouldn't be accomplished in his lifetime, he is pragmatic. I am on the exact other side of the issue than you. I understand where Ron Paul wants this to go long term, and just maybe you do to, and that's why you can't support him anymore. But for many it makes them respect him even more.
edit on 30-4-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

I just have to respond to this, no other Presidential Candidate or past President is better equipped with an informed front line opinion of this divisive topic. Who can say they delivered 4000 babies? Who can say they never found it necessary in there entire career to perform an abortion for the sake of the mothers health ? He is 100% pro-life yet he is prepared to give this to the States, why, so they can fight it out at the local level. He doesn't like it, doesn't want it, but if a liberal state like California votes to have it, he won't stop them. He believes that an education campaign of proper morality would be the next step, one baby step at a time. And he knows it wouldn't be accomplished in his lifetime, he is pragmatic. I am on the exact other side of the issue than you. I understand where Ron Paul wants this to go long term, and just maybe you do to, and that's why you can't support him anymore. But for many it makes them respect him even more.
edit on 30-4-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

Point well made, however I believe it will fall of deaf ears, when people are so wrapped up in their thoughts of anti or pro abortion they don't want to even entertain the thought of anything thing else even if their opinion is the minority. Which in turn they will say "well we are just like RP supporters then" no your not, we support freedom and the right to do what we want, yet leave everyone else alone..... big difference.

edit on 30-4-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

So what is your point? I know where rp wants to take it. I don't support it. So I should just ignore that and vote for him anyway?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Again, your attempts to paint me as closed-minded are getting sad. Abortion is a main reason I won't vote for rp. It isn't the only reason.

Furthermore, the idea that pro-choice is a minority is downright laughable.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Again, your attempts to paint me as closed-minded are getting sad. Abortion is a main reason I won't vote for rp. It isn't the only reason.

Furthermore, the idea that pro-choice is a minority is downright laughable.

I think you may be understanding incorrectly what Dr. Paul is saying...

He states Abortion is NOT a Federal Issue. He has provided his outlook on it, but has stated no matter his viewpoint, he will NOT make it a Federal Issue, but leave that up to the States. If you want Pro-Choice, you can vote in your state, and if they say "No", move to a different state if it's THAT big of deal.

It doesn't get better than that.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
One Captain Eric H May, has some problems with RP, and he writes of them here in Veterans Today.

www.veteranstoday.com...

For years my colleagues and I have been asking Ron Paul about a slew of petrochemical disasters in and around his Houston-area congressional district. Several of them occurred during federal terror exercises, and resulted in record profits for Big Oil. He has stonewalled not only us, but also his constituents on this life-and-death subject.

www.veteranstoday.com...

Citizens who read Captain May’s articles about false flag attempts in the East Texas oil patch urged him to contact Ron Paul with the details. Some tried to contact the congressman themselves, but thus far to no avail. A fair number of them believe that it was the Bush administration’s design on Texas City that prompted Paul’s 2008 presidential bid, while others believe that Paul is a part of the false flag plan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join