It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there Ex-Ron Paul Supporters out there???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I've met lots of ex-obama supporters of every race and class due to my job...

I have met ex-democrats and ex-republicans.. both who switch sides or go independent because they are tired of the corruption and manipulation.

However I have never met an EX-RON PAUL supporter... I wonder if they exist, because from my experience ron paul supporters have evolved through the republican and or democratic parties.

I see haters but it seems either they want to follow their canidate with blind loyalty that almost seems scary to me.

Of course their are those that like to talk about Ron Paul as a loser yet cant approach his policies either out of ignorance or the fact you really cant dispute facts without looking like an idiot.

So are you an Ex-Ron Paul supporter?? Did you change your mind or find out something that would seem bad about him taking the presidency.

Have you ever met an Ex-Ron Paul supporter? If so why did they change, did they have a logical reason.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

No. They do not exist, for the simple reason that if they somehow "changed their mind" to vote for someone else, they where no true supporter in the first place.

Ron Paul has so drastically different values than the other candidates on most issues and once you understand why, you WILL support him(unless you are a government shill or Elite that like feeding on others) you cannot "un-understand" it, so changing from those beliefs somehow means you could just as easily change from being straight to being gay.

Well maybe if you got a hard enough blow to the head, you might change.

But the simple answer is No. There are always exceptions though... but very, very rare.

Most people you will ever hear claiming to have been one, but changed their minds, are straight out lying.
edit on 29-4-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

So far this is what i've seen as well, I met an old black lady the other day as I was working on her house. She was very upset because she had owned a shoe store and had been doing very well a few years back, banking almost a million dollars in one year.. she said she thought she would have been there for a long time, however the rent for the buisness and the taxes and all the hoops the government made her jump through so many hoops that after all was said and done she was only pulling minimum wage for herself and could not afford to keep her buisness afloat.

Now I asked her who she had voted for and who she LIKED this year... she said she had voted for obama, however she does not like him any more because of all the lies and hate he has been spreading, She was disgusted over the fact that he has been promoting this race conflict and the war on classes.

I spoke with her about Ron Paul and you know she didn't know much about him... at least that was until we talked... I spoke about his beliefs and his Ideals... I got her very interested and she said she was going to seriously look into it because she knew that another fours years of obama she would likely lose her home and with romney not to expect much different.

I do service work and I would have to say that most everyone likes to talk about politics and they ask me because they know I go home to home and see the average citizen if I think the economy is getting better and who I think should get the nomination. I also have to say that most everyone that I speak of are leaning towards RP.. and I meet 3 to 4 homeowners a day that have real concerns about the government.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I wouldn't call myself an EX-supporter, but I am definitely not as behind him as I used to be. The more I watch him, and listened to him the less I like him. I think he's a better politician than people give him credit for. I began to notice different tones and answers when he would be interviewed by a right leaning or left leaning interviewer, especially around the abortion issue. In other words pandering. The thing taht I always respected about him is I thought I knew where he stood, agree or disagree. The more I read and listened the more I realised that's not the case. I still like him more than most other politicians, but that's not saying much.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
I've met lots of ex-obama supporters of every race and class due to my job...

I have met ex-democrats and ex-republicans.. both who switch sides or go independent because they are tired of the corruption and manipulation.

However I have never met an EX-RON PAUL supporter... I wonder if they exist, because from my experience ron paul supporters have evolved through the republican and or democratic parties.

I see haters but it seems either they want to follow their canidate with blind loyalty that almost seems scary to me.

Of course their are those that like to talk about Ron Paul as a loser yet cant approach his policies either out of ignorance or the fact you really cant dispute facts without looking like an idiot.

So are you an Ex-Ron Paul supporter?? Did you change your mind or find out something that would seem bad about him taking the presidency.

Have you ever met an Ex-Ron Paul supporter? If so why did they change, did they have a logical reason.

Ex Ron Paul supporters do not exist because Ron Paul supporters stand on principal that is non negotiable. There is no compromise. There is right... and there is wrong. There is no middle ground. The closest thing I can think of are the neo-cons that like everything about Ron Paul except for his foreign policy, but that is a ridiculous argument.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I could see some people supporting him because of his stance on liberties, but then rescind their support after learning that he wouldn't go to war as readily as other presidents.

So sure, why not?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
I could see some people supporting him because of his stance on liberties, but then rescind their support after learning that he wouldn't go to war as readily as other presidents.

So sure, why not?

Why do you believe they would do that? Ron Paul would go to war if there was a direct national threat, that being said all he demands is proof.. seems logical enough..

What do you mean by "sure, why not" I understand that anything is possible yet I have yet to meet an ex-supporter, and like the above post clarify I really don't think they exist

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Im not even american.
And im rooting for ron paul,

PS: If he doesn't win, send him our way.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I feel like this is an odd variation of the "No True Scotsman" falacy.

en.wikipedia.org...

I suspect that if anyone does say they are an ex-Ron Paul supporters, then they will just be accused of not ever being a "REAL" Ron Paul supporter.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

en.wikipedia.org...

I suspect that if anyone does say they are an ex-Ron Paul supporters, then they will just be accused of not ever being a "REAL" Ron Paul supporter.

You'll have to find one to make the claim first. Goodluck!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Hey outkast my favorite RP hater, see the difference with us is I wouldn't tell them that they are a liar, I would actually talk to them and find out why exactly they decided to change.

I was wondering how you were going to approach this thread being that you always have to post something anti-paul supporters. Another difference would be that I don't mind it when other people support other people I would just like to understand their reasoning behind it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

Why do you say they don't exist? I know many. There are a lot of people who have actually studied Austrian Economics, after becoming a Ron Paul supporter, and have come to a realization that we're too far gone to implement it now.

Also that a gold standard would simply make it easier to consolidate wealth. It is easily manipulated through hoarding and flooding the market. The bankers would love it. How do you think they aquired all the wealth in the first place?

Not to mention even just having gold as a competing currency would cause deflation of the dollar which in turn would lower the value of gold(since it's based on the dollar). Not really good for people who save their money, but great for makret manipulators.
edit on 29-4-2012 by wearewatchingyouman because: clarity

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

So sure, why not?

Why do you believe they would do that? Ron Paul would go to war if there was a direct national threat, that being said all he demands is proof.. seems logical enough..

What do you mean by "sure, why not" I understand that anything is possible yet I have yet to meet an ex-supporter, and like the above post clarify I really don't think they exist

Because he wouldn't go to war as readily. He said if he was in charge during Vietnam, he wouldn't have waged war.

I said "sure, why not" because it's not like it's impossible. People that say it's impossible are REALLY Paul-bots.

I've never suspected anyone of being a Paul-bot, but I guess that's a good reason.
edit on 29-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

So sure, why not?

Because he wouldn't go to war as readily. He said if he was in charge during Vietnam, he wouldn't have waged war.

I said "sure, why not" because it's not like it's impossible. People that say it's impossible are REALLY Paul-bots.

I've never suspected anyone of being a Paul-bot, but I guess that's a good reason.
edit on 29-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

Well I'm not saying there isn't any people that are x supporters I'm only asking to hear their story, and vietnam was a joke we did nothing but kill lots of our people and lots of their people, yet did we win? No... just lost alot of good people.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

That doesn't necessarily mean it isn't true. We are talking about a forum here where people seem to have some obvious, aggressive bias and tend linger in such Ron Paul threads seemingly only to express their negative views on a subject over thousands generic, highly biased posts.

You would figure someone who thought Ron Paul was so insignificant would eventually just move on and leave the subject alone, instead of making negative posts about Ron Paul every day over the course of months and months. We can only wonder why.

That being said, I really don't think it's too far fetched to imagine that there might be a person posting on the internet, claiming to be a Ron Paul supporter or ex-supporter with the intention of discrediting him. We have people here who obviously feel a strong need to discredit him every single day, I can only imagine that some of them might have some incentive to get creative and manipulative.

The evidence is there, you can thank yourself for that.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

If you're implying that I was not once a fervent supporter just check my past posts. Pretty easy to figure out.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

No, outkast was saying that anyone who did claim to be an ex-supporter would be accused of lying to discredit him. I was explaining to him that because of the obvious strong attempt to discredit Ron Paul that exists in people such as himself, it's not out of the question to think that someone would lie on the internet to achieve the same ends.

Not sure if its true or false, but the incentive seems to be there.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
You've got one right here. I fully admit I supported him in '08. The more I have researched, the more I have learned about him, the less I like him.

I am an Ex-RP supporter, and proud of it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
You've got one right here. I fully admit I supported him in '08. The more I have researched, the more I have learned about him, the less I like him.

I am an Ex-RP supporter, and proud of it.

That cool I respect it if what you say is true and I'm not calling you a liar,

Since you seem to be a rarity why is it that you supported ron paul in the first place and what have you learned that makes you like him less..

Do you still agree with those things you agreed with before and what are they?

Who do you support now?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join