It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Pills for war thrills: 110k US troops on prescribed meds "

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Mods, I really had no clue what forum to post this in, feel free to move as you wish

This video is pretty disturbing, atleast to me anyways... It seems they are handing out pills and guns at the same time in battle... These are drugs which you arent even supposed to drive on, yet these people are heading out in a combat zone...

I dont know the current number of active troops, but 110k active troops drugged out is just insane... Look at what the one guy was saying... while drugged out, he couldnt even distinguish if somebody was pointing their gun at him, or just carrying it on their person...

Plus everybody knows alcohol use is rampant by our troops as well... so we have psychotic drugs and alcohol and guns... what the hell

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I honestly think the higher ups in the US Military are using the Hegellian Dialectic (problem-reaction-solution) to it's full capability on this one. Think about it. Vets are about the only people that know what really goes on in war zones, and in keeping them drugged up, they can almost numb infantrymen from the horrors of war, as well as making their credibility almost nonexistent upon returning to the states, should they try to speak out against the war, or anything of that nature. I actually refuse to put my service on my resume, as it seems that people are afraid of vets these days. They parrot slogans like "We support our troops!", and yet when they are face to face with a vet, they get all nervous. I have been in job interviews where everything was going good until the interviewer read the bottom of my resume which had a very generalized bit about my military service. As soon as she got to that part, I could see that she was quite nervous. After that point, she tried to rush the interview as much as possible so she could get me out the door. They never called back either. Since that I deleted that part from my resume and the funny thing is, the next interview I got after that landed me a job with a pretty cool company (crane, aerial lift and movie light (200 000W+) rentals), so that goes to show. They are working to soil the credibility of vets, and to a large extent, it's working.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
You think the Goverment cares about our troops? No, they only "use" them so they can fight for their Country without having to risk their own lives. Doped up or not, the United States Goverment knows they have the best Military in the world.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Wait a minute. How does this compare to the average civilian in America who has Health Insurance, percentage to percentage.

top topics

join