It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vetting Dan Savage, the Anti-Bullying Speaker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
First is an article from November 9th, 2000, where he faced serious misdemeanor and felony charges carrying a maximum penalty of six years in prison, where he attempted to sabotage the presidential campaign of Republican Gary Bauer.

Seattletimes.com / Alternative source

Dan Savage, known for his "Savage Love" column in The Stranger, a Seattle weekly newspaper, was charged in April with two counts of voter fraud after he wrote in the online magazine Salon.com that he tried to sabotage the presidential campaign of Republican Gary Bauer. Savage, 36, faced serious misdemeanor and felony charges carrying a maximum penalty of six years in prison. His trial had been scheduled for Dec. 4.

In a 2006 interview with the Daily Pennsylvanian, Savage stated that then-Green Party Senate candidate Carl Romanelli, whom Savage claimed was partially funded by state Republicans for a spoiler effect against Democrat Bob Casey, "should be dragged behind a pickup truck until there's nothing left but the rope".

But these weren't his only vulgar remarks...the video below is an interview with Dan Savage and the Daily Pennsylvanian. Listen for yourself...

Phillyist.com

From the interview:
(2:41) "Carl Romanelli should be dragged behind a pickup truck until there's nothing left but the road."

(3:05) "Any progressive who votes for a Green anymore after Nader and now Romanelli is a fu**ing idiot and should be beaten with sticks."

(5:22) "If Carl Romanelli gets back on the ballot, someone should run him over with a truck."

On October 10, 2006 in Philadelphia / Dan Savage

Wow, and this is the guy whose leading a government run program against bullying, ha, ha, ha...Anyways let's continue.

On HBO's Real Time With Bill Maher July 15, 2011, during a panel discussion of the debt limit increase negotiations between the U.S. Congress and President Barack Obama, Savage said in a stand-alone remark, "I wish the Republicans were all f**king dead."

Mediate.com

Real Time host Bill Maher thought he had a good soundbite when he compared Congressional Republicans to late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, but was quickly one-upped by “It gets better” LGBT activist Dan Savage, who said “Unfortunately not exactly like him. I wish they were all f**kin’ dead.”

Appearing on HBO's "Real Time" with Bill Maher, the syndicated columnist expresses his deepest desires for Republicans.

This is just a drop in the bucket to show you this man's discuss with the GOP and conservatives in general, lead by none other than our own president and the W.H..If the Obama administration were truly concerned about the right's of the LGBT community, maybe they should have chosen someone to lead there project who isn't a convicted criminal.

To be continued...

edit on 29-4-2012 by Daedal because: Error

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

In the main thread about this joker, I stated that this was agenda driven.

Having this guy spread his own version of hatred is just what this administration wants.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Beezzer,

As much as I dislike your views and the way you treat people, I'll have to agree with you here.

This bullying issue IS being used to suppress students.

And I understand how bad bullying can be. I dropped out of my high school because of a group of football players.

But I can honestly say what is being done isn't to solve the problem of bullying. Making bullying a "gay" issue is just going to make it worse for all victims.

Where I live now, there are kids being EXPELLED from school just because they write nasty stuff about teachers and the school district.

They should focus on BEHAVIOR during school - not beliefs. The conservative Christians shouldn't call gay students names and the gay students shouldn't call the conservative students names or intimidate them.

No hitting or name calling during school. It's that simple.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

The bullying issue is as old as man.

To claim it as an issue and pose a solution is patently false. Bullying continues through life. Only the solutions have changed. We used to fight fire with fire, metaphorically speaking. Hit bullies back!

This is social engineering on a massive scale.

A conspiracy of sorts.

As for your attitude towards me? C'est la via.

top topics

join