It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Life Superhero "Bee Sting" in trouble after firing gun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Firing gun during patrol

He was supposed to protect the innocent and fight for justice, but now a real-life 'superhero' from a Detroit suburb who goes by the moniker 'Bee Sting' has found himself on the wrong side of the law after allegedly discharging a shotgun.

According to a report by the Detroit Free Press, 36-year-old Adam Besso, of Sterling Heights, Michigan, was arrested on Thursday after the shotgun he was carrying while patrolling in a trailer park near Flint went off during a tussle with a man, police said. The victim, 38-year-old Tom Carter, grabbed the barrel of Besso's gun because he felt threatened by the masked crusader, who went after him for revving up his motorcycle, according to Lieutenant Mike Odette.

I have no problem with people trying to help the police, but if you are going to carry a gun, then please be smart about it. I don't know, in this case, if all the guy did was rev his engine, I don't think that's enough to go after someone. Other than noise ordinance, is it really that much of a crime?

Besso, an Iraq War veteran, is part of a group of citizen-superheroes called the Michigan Protectors that includes ten members, among them 'Sentinel,' 'Void,' 'Checkmate and 'The Animal.'

In his online profile, 'Bee Sting' lists among his superhero skills first aid and CPR, Jujitsu and urban warfare, as well as disaster scene management.

Aside from the criminal charges, Besso's superhero alter-ego faces other penalties from his fellow masked crusaders, who now plan to boot him from their team.

It sounded like he had a lot of skills. In this case though, he forgot the biggest skill of all, using your brain.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Another source here.

Divide and conquer. You can bet your life that cops everywhere are going to want to shut these people down, and they will use literally any excuse they can get their hands on. If you want to be an RL super, your conduct is going to need to be beyond exemplary in order to prevent them from trying to pin something on you.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
Another source here.

Divide and conquer. You can bet your life that cops everywhere are going to want to shut these people down, and they will use literally any excuse they can get their hands on. If you want to be an RL super, your conduct is going to need to be beyond exemplary in order to prevent them from trying to pin something on you.

I agree. Thank you for the other source. I think there was the one in NYC or LA that got in trouble too, didn't he? Or am I thinking it was the Seattle one who got stabbed or something. I'll have to go search now.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by happyhomemaker29

I wrote a thread a bit back, devoted to RL supers here, happy. Given my own perhaps slightly unhealthy psychological relationship with my avatar here, (I've also worn the mask in public at a local Anonymous raid before) you could say RL supers are a topic that I feel a certain amount of resonance with.

The subculture also has a home page of sorts. I'm going to put it in my thread, but I'll also link it here.

www.reallifesuperheroes.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I don't think Bee Sting is actually an official member of Coon And Friends.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Seriously, a shot gun for a revved engine? Hell, I would have shoved it away from me too. If he was foolish enough to tout that with him, he is going to be foolish enough to fire---oh wait.

MINTBERRY CRUNCH!

(Sorry)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Real life super heroes?

Oh my god, America has gone crazy...

Well since I'm already part of this idiocy by replying to this crazy thread, might as well add that, since he was a veteran AND a super hero, he should have read AT LEAST Captain America's bio.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
These guys don't sound like super hero's but more like extensions of the police state.

A revved engine causes a gun to be burnished.

I consider a hero someone who would prevent a rape, or stop a breakin and a child being napped by a satanic ritual group, but not this stuff.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
its a complicated situation in many ways but I would feel much more comfortable with vigilantes patrolling the streets than the police. even if things are exactly how they've been portrayed here man for man I think that these vigilantes to at least as much good for society if not more than the average beat cop.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
I don't think Bee Sting is actually an official member of Coon And Friends.

Absolutely LOVE South Park. (Actually I love all the snarky animation. Family Guy, American Dad, etc...)

Thanks for the pic.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
These guys don't sound like super hero's but more like extensions of the police state.

A revved engine causes a gun to be burnished.

I consider a hero someone who would prevent a rape, or stop a breakin and a child being napped by a satanic ritual group, but not this stuff.

I agree. I sincerely hate to rag on a veteran, but it almost sounds like this guy was playing dress-up more than being an actual hero. To me, he was a hero just by fighting for our freedom. Unfortunately, sometimes that freedom is revving an engine... Hopefully he can get some help, deal with whatever issues he may have and go back to being a guy who probably began this genuinely trying to help a community in need.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
First of all, these guys calling themselves superheroes is downright pathetic.

That said, vigilanti-ism is not a good thing. Citizens should not be out trying to play cop. If you want to be a cop, go sign up. Otherwise, form a neighborhood watch, and use law-enforcement for what they are there for.

Guys pulls a shotty because someone revved their engine? yeah, real "super".

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Wait, seriously?
The outcome wasn't so nice but...
The fact there is a "super hero" running around Detroit named Bee Sting, is hilarious.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander the Great

Wait, seriously?
The outcome wasn't so nice but...
The fact there is a "super hero" running around Detroit named Bee Sting, is hilarious.

Ok I had to star you for two things. The reply, and most, and best of all your avatar. I think I became transfixed there for a bit.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
If you're a hero that likes to cook a lot and give huge outdoor barbecues, that makes you a...

SUPPER HERO!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
First of all, these guys calling themselves superheroes is downright pathetic.

I've noticed that the only people who express contempt towards the RLSH scene, tend to be military. The irony there is that most RLSHes themselves tend to be ex-military as well.

That said, vigilanti-ism is not a good thing. Citizens should not be out trying to play cop. If you want to be a cop, go sign up. Otherwise, form a neighborhood watch, and use law-enforcement for what they are there for.

I think dissatisfaction with the behaviour of contemporary police, is a big part of the reason why the RLSH scene exists in the first place. In America in particular, bad cops seem to be becoming more the rule than the exception.

top topics

join