It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we protect earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
My last thread on this subject didnt get the response i was after so im asking a new question.
Using current technology and human ingenuity how would we protect earth from hostile alien species and what strategies could we use using current technology to stand a fighting chance of defending our home and our children.

I dont want anybody saying its impossible. i want people to be optimistic and creative to come up with solutions to bypassing their defences. no idea is a bad idea
edit on 29-4-2012 by SpaceBoy97 because: forgot to add in something

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
We could use....

HAARP
EMPs
Concentrated Lasers
Concentrated Microwave/Sound weapons
Nano Thermate sticky bombs
and the most powerful weapon of all.... Love.

Those are just the stuff we know about. I'm sure there's good stuff on the down low that could take out a small moon if necessary. I wouldn't worry about the threat of aliens conquering Earth, because we're already conquered.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Speculation on an enemy is not productive, especially when we don't even know if we are able to count on any sympathizers in the enemy ranks to use as agents to slow down their advance, considering the possibility of a large technological disparity between the Earth-protection forces and those who would be aggressors.

We also do not know that if the aliens would come here are something like the Roxolani from Harry Turtledoves story 'The Road Not Taken', where the agggressive alien species that comes to Earth has a huge advantage in the fact they have anti-gravity systems, however Humanity beats the invaders back because:

1. the Roxolani attack with matchlock weapons and black powder explosives. Humans retaliate with automatic weapons and missiles.
2. The Roxolani were nick-named 'Teddy Bears' and were easily 'dehumanized' as an enemy, making it easy to kill them.

Depending on how much technological disparity we have with our enemy it might be a futile fight, or our enemy might be the most pitiful thing the cat ever dragged in.

Since we don't know much about aliens I don't think speculating on how to beat them will do us much good.

The US Navy's new Railguns would be great since they're extremely forceful, those weapons might be able to bring down some of the most advanced vehicles aliens can use, considering it fires rounds at a bit over 9,000 KPH (surely enough to cut through most alloys like hot knife and butter).

The Brahmos Missile is currently one of the worlds most formidable cruise missiles, traveling at supersonic speeds and capable of being launched from ships, air, ground, and submarine platforms. Since it's supersonic it might be able to get past any point-defence systems of an extra-terrestrial invader and since it's made by Russia and India it will take some of the heat off of the USA (not that the USA wouldn't try to beat the big bad alone to be the hero!). I don't know if India and Russia will be so happy to 'license' it out to other nations who would need to use it to defend Earth, nor do I know if any other nation could make enough to have an impact on the progress of the conflict.

The Daewoo K11 from South Korea uses computer-guidance in the gun itself to help with making the grenades of the top barrel air-burst where the operator wants them to (above a enemies head when behind cover?) as well as being chambered for the 5.56 x 45 NATO cartridge so it's going to have some advantages if the battle ever becomes an infantrymans fight.

Mounted on top of the weapon is what is termed a full solution 'Fire Control System' (FCS). This provides an optical day sight with digital reticle, night sight with Infra Red (IR) sensor, eye-safe laser range-finder and ballistic computer and long-life battery.

While we could talk on and on about which nation has the best weapons to 'FIGHT TEH EVUL ALIENZ!' with a combo of many nations and their unique equipment would be best if truly saving Earth was what mattered.

I'd love to talk about it all day, but we have to keep a few aces up our sleeves, okay?

edit on 29-4-2012 by Sachyriel because: Yeah Sergeant Johnson!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
We could use....

HAARP
EMPs
Concentrated Lasers
Concentrated Microwave/Sound weapons
Nano Thermate sticky bombs
and the most powerful weapon of all.... Love.

Those are just the stuff we know about. I'm sure there's good stuff on the down low that could take out a small moon if necessary. I wouldn't worry about the threat of aliens conquering Earth, because we're already conquered.

how would we implement these weopons? what out of the box strategies do we have?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

great ideas. But how could we implement them into special 'space turrets'.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I think projecting our ignorance, as a species, onto other species is a bad place to start this discussion.

We can't protect earth from ourselves. Why worry about aliens?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceBoy97

I'm sure some of those, and others, are already armed and ready to go on satellites orbiting. At a moments notice, armed craft would be in the air to supplement the satellite strikes. Underground backups, toys hidden in mountains, I'm not too concerned about it. We can turn asteroids into mashed potatoes if needed.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

My last thread on this subject didnt get the response i was after so im asking a new question. Using current technology and human ingenuity how would we protect earth from hostile alien species and what strategies could we use using current technology to stand a fighting chance of defending our home and our children.

1. Any intelligent alien species that finds us before we find them, will likely be so far advanced of us as to render any defense against them all but a waste of time... like throwing rocks at an M-1 Abrams tank.

2. Werner von Braun warned us that the government application of a threat from outer space was coming and that it was entirely contrived to legitimize (and fund) the weaponization of space (ref: Carol Rosin). We might also note that such a false flag op could be used to further decommission civil liberties and keep the global population in the grip of fear.

My personal response is, therefore, that if and/or when such an event should materialize, either as a genuine attack or one contrived by terrestrial effort, I will not fear nor shall I run and hide. I would rather end my time on this rock as a free human being than live it in fear of either alien or human tyranny.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

International cooporation has gotten us all a long way. just look at the international space station. a product of peace and prosperity. if the superpowers can do it. why cant other nations do so as well. this is not why i started this topic. i started this to discuss possible ways to protect ourselves from extraterestrials

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Well we are a long way off from Halo-style orbital defence platforms however with advantages like the Canadarm and obstacles like the Outer Space Treaty I think we'd be lagging behind, however anti-satellite weapons might be our best defense at the moment from orbital bombardment by extraterrestrial forces.

I don't think we'll need them any time soon, but if aliens take the orbitals and just decide to bombard population centres than we have a larger problem than an invasion, we'd be facing an extermination. Not really much we can do if they park the main body of their fleet behind our moon and fire from behind cover.

Erm, hypothetically we're screwed if they don't want to fight fair and square. Best not to dwell on it, if they wanted to exterminate us they don't really have to show up to face us at all. We're kind of stuck to this rock for our planetary defence at the moment.

Then again, with the sun in our eyes maybe their arrows will allow us to fight in the shade.

It does depend on their goals in fighting us. Tell us more of the alien threat you think we're facing and the plan adjusts to meet it a bit more than halfway, but since knowing is half the battle we're losing.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

We would be using HAARPS alright, we'd be playing them.

You don't want to hear people say it's impossible, fair enough. Then I'll say it's not possible. When you consider how much energy they would have to be able to generate to get here across inter-stellar distances we would have nothing useful we could use against them.

Personally I think the chances of us getting involved in a shooting war with an alien species is nil, not a chance, it just wouldn't happen. If aliens wanted to take this planet from us I think it would be done biologically, we wouldn't even know it was happening. They would disperse something in the atmosphere from orbit and in two days or less everyone on Earth would be dead. They may be a similar physical size and be able to use our structures, they may not want them damaged, power generation and other utilities are designed to fail safe and would just shut down if left unattended. If they left their occupation for a year or two they wouldn't even have any nasty smells to deal with, they could just sweep up all the bones, re-start the power and other utilities and move in without a shot being fired.

This is probably why people are abducted, so DNA samples can be taken and bioweapons engineered, sorry and all that, but we would get creamed, quite convincingly.

edit on 29-4-2012 by Talon22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I understand why you started the thread. My main point is that we are a bigger threat to this planet than any external force.

War, pollution, nuclear destruction, annihilating the eco-system that is required to sustain life here (trees, waterways, etc)

70% of this planet's citizens do not have clean water. 29% of the remaining 30% are checked out sheeple that only consume and never feed back into the system. Their contribution is purely economic.

So in the spirit of staying on topic, I will answer your question.

End imperialism, bring 2nd and 3rd nations resource technology to a basic level of survivability and increase your planetary defense network by adding 70% more intellectual property to the problem solving process. That will afford this planet a chance to fight if and when the need comes. Without a healthy human population, which can work together, we will remain a doomed species. This is true whether or not an external threat happens.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
If aliens had the tech to get to earth there is little we could be to defend ourselves. They could kill us without evening leaving their home planet if they wished using methods unknown to us..

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

then pretend we have solved all those problems but the technology is still current. how would we protect ourselves from aliens invading earth that are still recharging from an interstellar jump and are ignoring all attempts of comunication. they are in the open and not hiding behind anything. what measures should we put in place to defend earth from this sort of thing.

a random strategy to get suggestions comin in

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

So you're saying you created a thread, didnt get the response you wanted to hear, so created the same thread.
Mods time.
/closed

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

forget it then. close the thread or whatever. just asking a question question, nothing wrong with that.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to this ongoing thread

Defending earth

Thanks

-closed-

top topics

join