It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I change the sensitivity on my mousepad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Hi, folks.

I just acquired a laptop. HP Pavilion running Vista Home Premium. It works great and I really like it, but the mousepad is really sensitive. It's kind of annoying to be moving across a web page and accidentally click on a link I don't want.

It's running a Synaptics mousepad driver and I just recently updated it. I've looked through the mouse settings and the settings for the mousepad. I did find a checkbox to turn off the tap feature, but I don't really want to disable t completely. What I was looking for is a way to adjust the pad sensitivity so that I would have to make a definite tap to open links.

I suppose I could search the web for information, but I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people here. If I have to disable it, then that's what I'll do. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance, ATS. You're the best.

edit on 29-4-2012 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

this link should help hopefully

eHow

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Yes, go in the Control Panel.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lurker007

Excellent! That gave me exactly the instructions I needed.

Thank you very much.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

hey OP. does your laptop have a button for the mouse pad that turns it on and off?

if so, try turning it on and off, and look around your clock on the bottom right (if thats they way its set up in your toolbar thing... )

see if an icon disappears and reappears when you turn it on or off.

if you catch it, click it, or right click it, and try to go through its settings, to look for the sensitivity option.

good luck, and don't touch anything you don't understand. be careful. i am not responsible for you computer not working anymore, or any damages that occur to your body/ health/ property/ mind/ mental state/ any bad things that happen in anybodies opinion or fact that may or may not happen.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

my pleasure!! glad it was just the info you needed! nothin' like a quick fix!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Thanks for the input. There is a place to turn off the tap-to-click on the icon. I found the actual control panel for the pad. There are lots of settings.

Thanks, again. And Thanks ATS.

top topics

join