It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not sure what to do right now...need advice.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I am having a hard time deciding what to do in a certain situation because of what could happen.

I work at a dog groomers and my friend is the groomer. There was a previous groomer who left on unpleasant terms and has started her own grooming in a very UNSANITARY area without a license. This person is not a good person. She stole from the owners of the shop she worked for and was mean to the dogs she dealt with. I worked with her once and her negative comments about gays (owners are a gay couple) and her negative nasty attitude towards the dogs and people that owned them was disgusting. I was appalled at her mouth and treatment of the animals. I bit my tongue but now I'm feeling like I need to say something to authorities. Here is why.

She has moved in with an elderly couple to help take care of their property. I also feel like her and her husband are taking advantage of this couple. On their property she is grooming dogs in a barn basically that is housed with birds, no heat or proper grooming materials. One of our customers is 92yrs old and you have to pick up her dogs well this women groomed them last and those poor dogs. The one dog had moles on him previously, she shave them all off and he had a loose tooth. His owner said he was covered in blood when she got him back. My friend that i currently work with told me all this when she went to pick up the dogs yesterday for grooming with us. She obviously will not be going back to the other ladys sham operation. I also found out that this woman will punch the dogs in the face if they try and bite her. First of all none of those dogs bite hard, it's more of a tap to say, "hey I don't like this." You have to be calm and they are calm, she is not. The one day I worked with her, she cursed the entire time at how much she hated the dogs and people who owned them. She was mean and rough to the dogs. It made me want to cry.

My problem is I dont want her to retaliate against the shop or owners if I report it. I want to do it anonymously because I fear she will continue to injure or kill a dog. She has nobody there to monitor how she treats these animals. She is the type of person who prays on those who can't defend themselves ie dogs and the elderly. Her customers were so fooled by her and as was I before I started to work there and really see how she was. She stole probably thousands from the shop over the years in money and product. When she "retired" she came to the shop early before open and took things that belonged to the shop. She took these things so she could groom on her own. The owners had to involve their lawyers in the end cause she was harassing them saying they and my friend owed her money when in reality she owed them for stealing for so long. She is lucky she isn't in jail.

So what would you do? I want to call and report her because I feel for the animals. I swear all day yesterday I had poor Mr. Pibb stuck in my head and how sad he looked yesterday. He is such a sweet dog and there is no reason that he should have gone thru what he went thru. She also hated that dog so in a sense I see her shaving his moles off as a sort of pay back. Just the things I have been told that she has done horrifies me. She should not be working with animals....period.

I love this job but I don't want to start a war so to speak.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
She should not be working with animals... you are correct. Why she does is also beyond me.

Anyone that will hurt animals... is sick.

You can report her anonymously ....its a win win in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Yes, you should definitely report her - anonymously. If you don't, how could you live with yourself if she ended up seriously injuring - or even causing the death - of an innocent animal? She won't know if it was you or a former client. Go for it. Good luck.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
You already know what you should do. The fact that you came here to ask us if you should just shows you need support for this decision. I for one think that you should call the authorities...take pictures of any dog you see that she damaged. The proof is in the picture. These animals cant talk for themselves. It would be like you finding out that some nurse was hurting a autistic person.. would you let her continue hurting them? No... be a kind and gentle person and help these poor animals.. be the VOICE!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
You have to be an advocate for these dogs, who cannot speak for themselves. Report it anonymously, but report it.

The elderly couple she lives with; do they have family you can speak to? The family needs to know the character of this person. If they have no family, then make an anonymous report to adult protective services.

It's hard, I understand. But it's your responsibility now.

Good luck, hugs your way.

smylee

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a deep grave maybe?

if you could get some video of her doing these things it would go viral and she would be charged and banned from getting near an animal.

plant a spycam where she works. you've got to obtain some evidence.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I would call the proper authorities and tell them how
you feel about the situation and that you don't want
to cause trouble for other people but she is cruel
to the animals. If they say they won't involve
you but go check it out they will see for theirselves
the type of grooming operation she has going on.
That should be enough to take care of her cruelty.
I would feel bad if I didn't report it and she ends
up hurting a dog really bad. That might also get
her away from the people she is taking advantage
of. I can't stand people like this. Just my 2 cents
lets see what others say.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
She is illegally running a business out of a barn. I'm sure she doesn't have a business license to do that. I'd report her on that, it has the most teeth as a legal complaint. Her treatment of the dogs, should be reported to the ASPCA of your local city. They will send an officer to her place to check it out.

I did grooming to help pay my way through college. You are so right, the dogs pick up on your attitude. The same dog will react completely differently being worked on by different groomers. The groomer sets the tone of the situation.

She sounds like bad news all the way around. She shouldn't be in contact with animals at all. She is abusive.

I know you have mixed feelings Sweet Pea. But, you can file your complaints in writing, I suggest you do it in writing, there needs to be a paper trail for the agencies to put in a file.

Best of Luck in dealing with this monster.....

Des

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Yes, you should definitely report her - anonymously. If you don't, how could you live with yourself if she ended up seriously injuring - or even causing the death - of an innocent animal? She won't know if it was you or a former client. Go for it. Good luck.

That is exactly how I feel. I don't want another animal to be hurt by her. She doesn't care about the animals just herself and making a quick buck by doing the least amount of work.

The thing is I don't know where the place is located, just the city it's in. I'd have to find that out first.

This has bothered me more than I thought it would. I love animals and this job honestly has kept me from having a complete breakdown with everything going on in my life. I was so stressed about finding work and I'm forever thankful to my friend for getting me this job. I love it. It's so rewarding and I love going to work. The animals rely on us to make them feel comfortable, you can't be mean to them. I talk to them and comfort them if they seem upset by the process. The dogs are just too sweet and i love getting doggie kisses all day and multiple baths daily lol Some of them will soak you by shaking in the tub lol and look out for tails with soap, they are a weapon! lol I really enjoy this job, never thought it would be a job I would do but I am very happy there. The money will come in time as I learn and I am fine with that. My friend is great at her job and she is a great teacher and very knowledgeable about what she does. I have learned so much about dogs that i never knew before. It's a rewarding job in my eyes. These little guys need us and I don't mind it one bit. I never knew all the problems that could come about with certain breeds if not groomed on a regular basis.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Natame
You already know what you should do. The fact that you came here to ask us if you should just shows you need support for this decision. I for one think that you should call the authorities...take pictures of any dog you see that she damaged. The proof is in the picture. These animals cant talk for themselves. It would be like you finding out that some nurse was hurting a autistic person.. would you let her continue hurting them? No... be a kind and gentle person and help these poor animals.. be the VOICE!!!

I have no idea where she is located and I can't take pics because I am not there. She is on the other side of town. The only reason I know what she is doing is because of the dogs that came in yesterday that usually came to us to begin with. The owner told my friend what happened to her dog when she picked the two up to be groomed by us. The woman asked her not to say anything but I feel it needs to be done so no other animal is hurt. I will talk to my friend that I work with and explain to her that I am going to call anonymously but I need the address where she is so I can do so. I also worry because the elderly couple in their 80s whose property she lives on would be held responsible since it's done on their property. They are probably really nice people who again dont see how deceptive this woman is.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
She is lucky she isn't in jail.

Notify the local ASPCA. They might be able to change that.
edit on 29-4-2012 by N3k9Ni because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

No I don't know the people she lives with. I only know all this because my friend worked there with this woman before I came along and she would tell me what was going on. I came into the picture recently when the other woman left or was asked not to come back in a sense. It was a mess honestly and I felt for the owners of the shop too because they were stuck in a predicament of their own because of this woman. Now my friend runs the place and they are having the best weeks in years.

Yea these people seem to think this couple is going to give them everything and it bothers me because I know they have a family. Why would someone they barely know leave everything to them when they have a family? It just sounds to me like they are taking advantage of these people. I really don't like people who do this.

Ugh...yea it really sucks because I dont want to cause any kind of grooming war so to speak. I will find out from my friend where she is an explain to her that I can't sleep well knowing what she is doing to these animals and that I will call and report her and nobody from the shop has to be named. It could be a friend of a friend of a friend who reported it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Report it anonymously. That way no one gets in a huge battle.

From what you've written, this woman sounds like a predator to both animals and people. She is a danger to the dogs and quite possibly to people. Let the authorities investigate the situation. All you need to do is report it.

I know how hard this must be. If you need to vent or anything just message me. I'll gladly listen to anything you need to say.

Your compassion and concern are obvious. Sending love and hugs your way.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
She is illegally running a business out of a barn. I'm sure she doesn't have a business license to do that. I'd report her on that, it has the most teeth as a legal complaint. Her treatment of the dogs, should be reported to the ASPCA of your local city. They will send an officer to her place to check it out.

No she has no license and it is a barn. There are huge birds in this barn so it's not clean and it's hot with no heat or venting for animals.

I did grooming to help pay my way through college. You are so right, the dogs pick up on your attitude. The same dog will react completely differently being worked on by different groomers. The groomer sets the tone of the situation.

Awesome I didnt know you did that.. It will be helping me with school as well. The hours will not interfere with my schedule next year.

Agreed!! They can sense when you are upset and will react themselves. They sense it!

Ever since the other lady has left my friend says that some of the dogs are so much better. Ones this woman didn't like and said were a problem are like little statues. It was her attitude they didn't like.

She sounds like bad news all the way around. She shouldn't be in contact with animals at all. She is abusive.

No she shouldn't! She has her own dogs and it makes me wonder how she treats them. I wanted to cry yesterday at this poor dog. I felt so bad when I heard what he went thru.

I know you have mixed feelings Sweet Pea. But, you can file your complaints in writing, I suggest you do it in writing, there needs to be a paper trail for the agencies to put in a file.

Best of Luck in dealing with this monster.....

Des

Thanks Des
I appreciate your kind words.

I will see my friend today and will ask her for the information. I don't take kindly to people being mean to animals, kids, handicapped or the elderly. They can't speak for themselves esp the animals. If anyone did harm to my animal well they had better have back up around because I would not let it go.

Thanks everyone. I know this to some seems like a no brainer answer but when there is someone involved who is well crazy I worry about retaliation. I feel much better now about reporting her and will do so tomorrow when said agencies are open. I have off so it will be my first agenda of the day.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Make sure, when you report her to the ASPCA, to mention the barn. The Officer they send out, will have the authority to shut her business down on the spot. They will ticket her for unsanitary conditions too.

The goal is to put her out of business. If you can find out the last name of the elderly couple she is living with, I'll help you find contact info for their children. They should know what is going on at their parent's home.

You are doing the right thing.

Des

top topics

join