It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Earth is 6,000 Years Old"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Gotta love this guy's logic. Enjoy

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by alfa1

Half the creationists arent the "young earth" type anyway.

OP needs to realize that " using a wide brush " can be just as ignorant as the belief in an earth age of Six millenia.I have yet to see where God has communicated anything like that to us. So why would I buy into something pieced together by supposed, made to look to obvious, religious fanatics.

For me this is simply a case of " Who really gives crapola ! " God didn't tell us anything that can be acurately deduced into solar years so it couldn't possibly be important. When it comes to my opinion ? I believe that the sciences ( mans knowledge of his world ) can and should be tempered with the history of the Bible. Because I understand that there is a need to know academically. But that isn't anything like what OP presents us with here. Fanatical religious doctrine that as far as I can tell, does a good job of alienating intelligent people.

And that is something that God will have much to say about.

SnFOP
edit on 29-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Exactly, and it's sad that a couple of fundamentalists fools give the rest a bad reputation. That goes for all religions btw.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Six thousand years ago was when TIME finally became stable enough to be measured linearly.
Before that, time was in its transient and non linear state resulting from the chaos of the big bang effect.
During that period, time did not lend itself to be measured linearly.
Hint, think higher mathematics.

In other words, the first day of creation actually lasted almost one billion years, the second day lasted much less, and so it went with each passing day of creation until about the seventh day when it finally became stable enough to be measured linearly, or rather, in terms we humans can relate to and finally understand.
Hint, think fundamental mathematics.

And your objective evidence for that is

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
the 6,000 year old earth theory has it's holes to be sure but how do evolutionists expalin the origins of the DNA molecule from the promordial soup ?

how do you go from water with organic elements to the first cell with a membrane that allows matter to flow ?

and from there a nucleus ?

mitochondria ?

spindule fibers ?

DNA ?

even if you say monolith or meteor brought life here, where and how did that life originate ?

You have to say god seems as good an answer as anything when you get right down to it

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
the 6,000 year old earth theory has it's holes to be sure but how do evolutionists expalin the origins of the DNA molecule from the promordial soup ?

how do you go from water with organic elements to the first cell with a membrane that allows matter to flow ?

mitochondria ?

spindule fibers ?

DNA ?

even if you say monolith or meteor brought life here, where and how did that life originate ?

You have to say god seems as good an answer as anything when you get right down to it

The "god did it" claim has a horrible track record (comets, plagues, and etc.). And just because science doesn't know for sure how life started doesn't mean you can fill that gap in knowledge with magic (aka god). You are using the God of the gaps argument

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

mitochondria ?

spindule fibers ?

DNA ?

The "god did it" claim has a horrible track record (comets, plagues, and etc.). And just because science doesn't know for sure how life started doesn't mean you can fill that gap in knowledge with magic (aka god). You are using the God of the gaps argument

for sure ? science doesn't even have an answer at all. all it has is the southpark underpants gnome profit chart

step 1 - water
step 2 - ?
step 3 - DNA molecule !

it's the greatest question of them all, and all I'm saying is there is no answer so the creation theory is as good as any

and fwiw, I believe in evolution, just not as an explanation for the origins of life

just speciation

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I haven't read anything or watched the videos yet which I will, but:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

In other words, the first day of creation actually lasted almost one billion years...

Day = one rotation of the earth
Year = earth orbiting the sun once

So your assertion is that in the earth orbited the sun one billion times, and during that time only turned once.

See, this is why a lot of people think creationists are just making stuff up off the top of their head.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I believe in intelligent co creation along with evolution ...

It seems only logical once you accept consciousness is energy .

But 6000 years .. OK well

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Too funny! This guy is a riot-brainwash another one so they give your church money! It's actually funny watching these people be brainwashed. WTF? I will gladly use my tax dollars to have teachers teach my son about evolution!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I'm not religious but...

this whole "religion vs science" is just stupid. This isnt a boxing match or a pissing contest.

Both can coexist if people are intelligent enough to admit that science can only prove so much, and that religion by itself wont save you from tuberculosis...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LexiconV
That guy/drip needs to find a nice cave and contemplate the monumentally slow drip rate formation of a stalactite, If the earth was less than even 10,000 yrs old, then the largest stalactites would not be much longer than one metre.

Hey guys!

Wow Lexicon that is some serious analysis!

Except for one little tiny problemo...

I'm guessing you're PROJECTING that the rate of formation has been constant... for what, MILLIONS of years ?

Reading some of the 'explanations' for those of you who are supporting the 'Science' wannabe side is giving me some flashbacks to the Monty Python flick discussions of this one gal being/not being a witch! (She was seriously FINE, so of course reason prevailed and she was found innocent!
)

Some of you guys should take some time out from your utter domination of ye old keyboards and get out into the REAL world...

Climb ANY major mountain (it's almost the right season
) and check out the rocks on the mountain itself.

Psst! (Big hint
). They are almost brand spanking new!

How could that possibly be?

Big Hint: The Earth got spanked REAL hard!

For any of you truth-seekers out there... Check out my boy Immanuel Velikovsky. He ranks up their with other suppressed giants of Science, such as Nikola Tesla or Viktor Schauberger.

Guess what guys?

We have been TOTALLY PUNKED!

The Bible (the old testament) is a narrative of the debacle...

And (gulp...) most 'Scientists' are hardly anything more than junkies... Totally addicted to that nasty CIRCULAR LOGIC drug.

Silly PARROTS strutting around playing the part of a THINKING MAN...

Mainstream 'Science' is what is used to control the masses.

There are a LOT of clues out there...

But to begin to see them, you'll have to put your CIRCULAR LOGIC pipe down...

At least for a little while.

Doesn't that just BURN you...

It's like the ULTIMATE inside joke.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by SilentKoala

Just another reason I've become agnostic...

Why? What does belief in God have to do with creationism or evolution? God exists outside of these things. The whole "young earth" garbage isn't even in the Bible, it is based on misinterpretation and fuzzy leaps of faith. I get sick and tired of people trying to paint these pointless absolutes, as if proving the young earth concept proves God exists or disproving it proves God doesn't exist. Silliness.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
Why? What does belief in God have to do with creationism or evolution? God exists outside of these things. The whole "young earth" garbage isn't even in the Bible, it is based on misinterpretation and fuzzy leaps of faith. I get sick and tired of people trying to paint these pointless absolutes, as if proving the young earth concept proves God exists or disproving it proves God doesn't exist. Silliness.

Hey.

'Misinterpretation'? 'Fuzzy leaps of faith'?

I DON'T think so...

Originally posted by golemina

Climb ANY major mountain (it's almost the right season ) and check out the rocks on the mountain itself.

Psst! (Big hint ). They are almost brand spanking new!

There isn't exactly a lot that is 'fuzzy' about the Olympics (local mountain range
).

Silliness... Nah... That would be more like something along the lines of claiming that 'Science' is based on reason AND logic ...

And THEN spouting a CREATIONIST myth called the 'Big Bang Theory'.

edit on 29-4-2012 by golemina because: Clean up!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wildbillsteamcock

As a trained bioligist...you know full well that what you describe is not evolution, but natural selection. The drosophilia are still drosophila and have not "evolved" into a bird...or other species...just a friut fly that doesn't have wings. As soon as you can show me in the lab that a fruit fly became a house fly, a dragonfly or a butterfly, then we can talk evolution....until then natural selection rules!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The Age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.05 billion years (4.54 × 109 years ± 1%).[1][2][3]

What , God dosen't know Math ? .........

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Six thousand years ago was when TIME finally became stable enough to be measured linearly.

And your objective evidence for that is

Actually, hints of the "evidence" you ask for is all around, you just need to think outside the mind trapped box.
Stop looking at everything like it's a straight line, and start thinking about parabolic and exponential relations.

Notice the non-linear grids

Nothin linear about this.

Time constants depend on other elements.

Note: the only thing resembling a straight line can probably be found at its most tranquil outer edges.

Look at it this way.
If you drop an object from the side of a tall building, the distance it travels in one second will not equal the distance it will travel in each subsequent second.
Looking at it in reverse, why is it so difficult to look at time in much the same way?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

In other words, the first day of creation actually lasted almost one billion years...

Day = one rotation of the earth
Year = earth orbiting the sun once

So your assertion is that in the earth orbited the sun one billion times, and during that time only turned once.

See, this is why a lot of people think creationists are just making stuff up off the top of their head.

What makes you think the Earth has been rotating around the Sun for Billions of years?
How could it?
Where is your evidence of that?

You are so quick to overlook the effects of gravity back then, or conveniently taking it for granted.
Why do you assume the Sun's gravitational force was strong enough to overcome the effects of the big bang almost immediately?
How could it?

No way, no how!
It would be like whizzing through the universe at 186000 miles per second, slamming on your brakes and expecting to stop on a dime.

The effects from something like the big bang would need and take "time" to stabilize as everything traveled through space.
Not until things stabilized would the rhythms of the universe (orbits, rotations, gravitational forces) be set in motion.

Questions:
How much time would it take you to travel through a black hole?
Would it equal the time your loved ones waited for you to come home?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iconic

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Iconic

6,000 years old? I say the Earth is a whole lot older than what we were taught in school and that there has been more far intelligent civilizations that lived before modern man of today - there appears to be a major gap missing.

Well, there is a gap of about 200-300 years in the Gregorian (our) calendar, which is accounted to be why people like Caligula didn't actually exist.

That kind of thinking, for me at least, opened the "pandora's box" to the enigma of time loss.

tl/dr: The only window to an actual "timescale" would be carbon dating

Caligula didnt actually exist?

What are you? Crazy?

What the hell....

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I laughed so hard looking at some of this stuff that I ALOMOST pooped my pants. I did spittle allot and ROTFLMFAO allot though.

I kept thinking this song and this guy on the right.
seemed to make sense.

what this "information" has led me to beleive?

Ah, papa-oom-muh-muh-muh-muh
Ah, papa-oom-mow-mow
Papa-oom-mow-mow
Papa-oom-mow-mow
Dit-dit-dit
Papa-oom-mow-mow
Papa-oom-mow-mow
Dit-dit-dit
Papa-oom-mow-mow
Papa-oom-mow-mow

EVERYTHING IS NONENSE...

edit on 30-4-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join