It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Earth is 6,000 Years Old"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I cannot believe this.

Creationism is just running rampant with its claims.

ETA:

"100 Reasons why Evolution is SO stupid"

This is making me drool, i couldn't believe people to be so mislead.
edit on 29-4-2012 by Iconic because: (no reason given)

EATA::

I keep finding more videos and stuff related. I could get into richard dawkins and s& but I want the creationists to dig their own grave. This is a video debunking the 100 reasons video.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Pretty much he is disposing every/all science(s) like geology (explaining the age of rocks not being in chronological order, like the convection currents of magma moving crust)

He goes to say the Earth is 6,000 years old. That means everything we've ever found, looked at, is false, or lied about.

Pando trees have been on the Earth for about a million years.

What about the fact that our Earth would be impossibly too hot to survive on if it was 6000 years old?

How about the evolution of our atmosphere?

How about the age of rocks that is over 6k?

Did we take "older rocks" from other planets to create Earth?

Its just dumb!

ETA: science.howstuffworks.com...
THat is a website about dating with carbon 14. Dating anywhere under 50k years, C-14 works. Anything beyond and its a crap-shoot. He was talking about millions of years and hundreds of thousands, so no wonder he was getting crap answers. Still, 50 thousand is more than 6 thousand.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
That looks like his first lab coat

edit on 29/4/2012 by Planet teleX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Planet teleX
That looks like his first lab coat

It was his shrink's.

The rest of the shrink is being broken down in the "Dr"'s stomach

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iconic
He goes to say the Earth is 6,000 years old. That means everything we've ever found, looked at, is false, or lied about.

That is basically the 2 lines of arguments that creationists use.
1. Every scientist in every country in every field of study are either lying or deluded.
2. "god did it" so it just appears to be older, such as having starlight already on its way here.

of course these can be completely contradictory... because no two creationists can ever agree on the details. Half the creationists arent the "young earth" type anyway.

Yeah, its all really dumb.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Does anyone know about the well that petrified in 50 years?

ETA: The well he talks about has no info in the video or picture about it. How does he know how old it is?

And: paleo.cc... is the site for info on cowboy boot. All these myths are just pig bones I think. You know, like buying the pope's finger, and instead you wind up with a pork bone

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
That guy/drip needs to find a nice cave and contemplate the monumentally slow drip rate formation of a stalactite, If the earth was less than even 10,000 yrs old, then the largest stalactites would not be much longer than one metre.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
When I was studying for my theology degree, there was a young man who presented this argument. According to him, GOD put all these "strange things" like fossils and geological records to test the faith of honest Christians.

I've never forgotten how passionately he argued his point. Complete denial of the facts presented, blanket statements about everything.

It disgusted me then; it disgusts me now.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Iconic

6,000 years old? I say the Earth is a whole lot older than what we were taught in school and that there has been more far intelligent civilizations that lived before modern man of today - there appears to be a major gap missing.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
When I was studying for my theology degree, there was a young man who presented this argument. According to him, GOD put all these "strange things" like fossils and geological records to test the faith of honest Christians.

I've never forgotten how passionately he argued his point. Complete denial of the facts presented, blanket statements about everything.

In that sense, why doesn't "GOD" show up and tell christians, HEY GUYS SORRY IM LATE, JUST WANTED TO STOP IN AND SAY I DONT EXIST KTHXBAI

and then say that He was only "testing" the faith of the honest, because he was showing up to say he didnt exist etcetc

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Iconic

6,000 years old? I say the Earth is a whole lot older than what we were taught in school and that there has been more far intelligent civilizations that lived before modern man of today - there appears to be a major gap missing.

Well, there is a gap of about 200-300 years in the Gregorian (our) calendar, which is accounted to be why people like Caligula didn't actually exist.

That kind of thinking, for me at least, opened the "pandora's box" to the enigma of time loss.

tl/dr: The only window to an actual "timescale" would be carbon dating

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
BTW: Kent hovind, the guy in the 100 reasons video, is serving in a SUPERMAX federal prison! here's an excerpt from wiki:

Since January 2007, Hovind has been serving a ten-year prison sentence after being convicted of 58 federal counts, including 12 tax offenses, one count of obstructing federal agents, and 45 counts of structuring cash transactions. He is incarcerated at the FPC Satellite Camp of the ADX Florence prison in Florence, Colorado.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Iconic

Perspective and frame of reference is deceiving. Scoff all you want, yet we are presented with evidence that our understanding is the only thing that is off. Consider this.

Time flows by perspective to the observer. 6 Days - 15 Billion Years - Golden Ratio

Also, keep in mind that we are not speaking of 6 days of creation. We are considering 13 so far. God created man on the 6th day of the first week. A day is 1000 years. The resting day is the seventh. We then have the fall and man's removal into a different historical timeline. Genesis one is the creation of the image (Template) of creation. Consult Genesis 1:27. Genesis 2 is the rendering of the image into reality of Time, Space, Matter and Energy. The second week is the history of the world. Nothing in this scenario is out of place with what we currently understand about the nature of time, space, matter and energy within a rendered image. The three videos below can provide the excluded middle.

If we created consciousness within our own VR rendered image of the computer, would the beings inside consider our time and their time as the same? Would they have evidence that the energy was produced in a different dimensional space than their own? To scoff at this understanding only shows that bias is in control of your reasoning and not the facts of what is actually observed at a quantum level. Reality is not so real. Science continues to demonstrate this. The observer and what is observed are both part of the illusion of perspective and frame of reference.

edit on 29-4-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

So he purposely lies to people, and then rewards those who believe that which is evident to be false and punishes those who believe that which is evident to be true? Sounds omni-benevolent to me...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Just another reason I've become agnostic...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
wow,, some of the oldest Chinese texts and about 4000 years old,

I have purposely asked people I know that are clueless deeply involved in their religions how old the earth is,.
and most say what they are told in church and read in their books. about 3 to 6 thousand years old... and dinosaurs never existed..

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I have underwear older than 6,000 years.

I'm as religious as the next guy, but give me a break!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It's a great way to separate the stupid people from the intelligent and rational ones. Only an idiot could believe that crap...

IRM

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I don't think the issue of "is there a God" will ever be truly answered.
There are theologians who are scientists.
There are atheists who are scientists.
To me, some are trying to use their own version of science to prove their beliefs.
Some try to prove their point by skewing time. "Well, our time and God's time are different, so a thousand years to us, are a billion to Him". Or something like, I can't keep track.
The Earth is not 6000 years old, God is not playing tricks to test you.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
It's a great way to separate the stupid people from the intelligent and rational ones. Only an idiot could believe that crap...

IRM

As a trained biologist, I agree. Evolution via natural selection is the litmus test for being able to see if someone has enough brainpower to walk on two legs. (I really don't mean that...just evolution denial is a total pet peeve of mine). Evolution can be easily replicated in lab, gravity cannot...yet people have no problems accepting gravity. Simple experiment: take a large container and fill it with fruit-flies, place an electrified top on it (a selective force). After a few generations you will start to see flies with no wings (no wings = selective advantage). Any doubters out there just try it.

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand (and respect) where the religious are coming from...my grandfather was a Baptist minister. But science and religion are philosophically and fundamentally different and should not be mixed. Faith vs. Fact, morality vs. explaining how the world works. Scientists should not be using science to dictate social morals and religion should not be used to explain physical phenomena.

Also, just because there is something written in a book, doesn't necessarily make it true...there are at least three books out there detailing the life and trials of a hobbit named Frodo...doesn't make it true.
edit on 29-4-2012 by wildbillsteamcock because: spell correction "trails" to "trials"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join