It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to Astronomers belief :Our Milky Way Galaxy Stars may have Billions of Habitable planets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Big boost for alien search: BILLIONS of habitable planets may be lurking in the Milky Way

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

I know this is the Daily Mail, but sometimes their stories are o.k.

I don't see why we would be the only habitable planet in he vast universe. Logically speaking, how could one planet be the only plnet to support life or life form of any kind.

Here I know I'm not the only one the view point of maybe? Why would we be "lucky" with the only planet in the universe that's habitable

How people could believe that we're the only ones here is a mystery to me. What do you think? Here's the link.

Rob Waugh and Ted Thornhill

The Milky Way may be teeming with billions of habitable planets, according to a recent survey – and that’s given the search for extra-terrestrial life a big boost.A survey of red dwarf stars in the Milky Way found nine super-Earths - and two in the 'habitable zone' where liquid water could exist.Red dwarf stars account for 80 per cent of the 200 to 400 billion stars in our galaxy - and scientists now believe that 40 per cent of those might have a planet in the habitable zone.

edit on 29-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change

edit on 29-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change and typo

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Sure there indeed is hype especially in the media about Extraterrestrial life, but from an scientifically theoretical perspective, there is a very high possibility for life, other than Earth. It's more like an indirect evidence, but soon, hopefully we do find intelligence. When that day does occur, it would be a very profound moment for humanity. I find it boring to think that humans are the only intelligent, and frankly, such a claim is illogical. SF

join