It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain to me how Homosexuals are "born that way".

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Wow! This is great. People from different sides of a very charged issue are having a rational discussion. No one is getting flamed or anything!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Sexual Sins.

That says it all.

A relegion that rules by the Penis. Always has always will.

Yeah it feels good but you better not like it .....

Ya just cant make this spit up.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manunnaki
The egg carrier has gay people in her family. The more children she has the higher the tolerance level the womb has to one of the gender chemicals ie testosterone or estragen. the more children she has example sons the more likely the youngest is going to be homosexual. Also it depends on how much estragen the male son is exposed to in the womb. If he's exposed to alot of estragen most likely his mind will be female.

If people would get a sexual education and the schools were not afraid to really teach about this stuff you wouldnt have nonsense like the above statements going around sounding true. None of the above is true. Not one bit. Might as well go back to the days when women were killed because they did not produce a son. The male determines the sex but women died none the less.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Many LOLs in this thread.....this occurs all through nature...do some reading. Animals do not "choose" anything"....they just "are" (bisexual).....poor monkeys....going to hell

Sorry about the edits, didn't want to get in trouble with mods...

editby]edit on 4/29/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/29/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/29/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Physical traits are inherited. Brown eyes, blond hair, yada yada.
Behavour is learned or aquired.
I think this is a choice.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

yet everyone in anyone's biological family is heterosexual, I mean, at LEAST bisexual.

Thats not a given, I am sure there were countless homosexual people who had children of their own. Homosexuals are not infertile.

But doesnt their very lifestyle preclude procreation? I mean really. Do you have to be told where babies come from ?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

You have never talked to a gay person have you?

Sexual preference is not a behavior. You can be attracted to the same sex and not act on it, but you can't choose to not be attracted.

Did you choose to be straight? Do you choose who you are attracted to?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Ever see the people who's brown hair turns blonde in the summer from the Sun?

Yep...

More complex than what everyone likes to believe...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Considering sexuality doesn't develop fully until puberty...well all relationships are a learned process. Both straight AND gay ones.

Also, just because it is a choice doesn't lessen the choice. Which is what that argument is used for, somehow because it is chosen that makes it worse or something. Gotta love Fnords!!

So yeah, since babies aren't sexually active they are neither straight nor gay.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Don't forget genes can mutate. It's obvious gay people are born that way, they have similar characteristics, similar mannerisms, some look similar and seem overly feminie. They also sound similar a lot of the time.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExploitedAliens
Males are usually turned homosexual. They are either raped or had a "gay" experience when they were small. There is no such thing as a "Gay gene." Scientists say "in theory." That's not a fact but a theory. Besides I don't hate or dislike homosexuals. They're are people just like us but with different sexual orientation. I'm just saying there's no "Gay Gene." Every homosexual is born heterosexual and is turned homosexual at a point in there Life.

I can express enough how offensive I find this to be. My son is gay. He was raised as well as could be. If anyone had harmed him in any way that person would be... but I digress. He's a great kid, unmotivated like the rest of his generation(from our generations point of view). Guess what he does? Plays video games. Does computer stuff. Graduated high school. Same as straight people. I have NO problem with his sexuality except for one thing. He's going to have to deal with irrational bigots for the rest of his life. I hoped we were more evolved than that but it appears we are not.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

But doesnt their very lifestyle preclude procreation? I mean really. Do you have to be told where babies come from ?

No. There are species of animals that kill off certain mates after they have delivered the "goods". In fact, there are a number of animal species that once the single act of copulation is preformed, the father/mother never see each other again....

If spiders and mice are smart enough to know that babies have to be produced once in awhile, I think humans are capable too. That gives a lifetime to do whatever you want after the 30 seconds of copulation.

(30 seconds not be a standard, but as quick as it really needs to be)

Also, regarding humans genetics and evolution. When you consider that some Alpha males take more than one mate, (I have one friend that has 6 kids with 6 different women o.0 ....)

That leaves a disproportionate amount of females to be available to the opposite sex.... It's not to say that people who don't mate aren't useful.

That would be like saying only the queen bee in a hive is useful. Or that worker ants aren't useful. In fact, you could find a humanoid species where 90% of the males are homosexual, and it would work out fine evolutionary. Because all this species would need, is a few alpha heteros every generation to keep producing while tasking the homos for worker positions...
edit on 29-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87

I'm gay and I can tell you first hand that I was born such. What is the alternative that you Suggest? To claim that I made the choice to be a second class citizen, to be disowned by both parents, for something I had a choice in is rediculous.

Did you decide to be straight?

And anyway just because your religion says its a sin does not make it so. My god and faith out date yours by three to one and accepts homosexuality,

This is a true story and I dont know what it proves or disproves but it does say something.
In my neighborhood when I was a young teenager my boyfriends brother who was about 10 at the time had a friend who behaved like a girl all the time. He didnt dress like a girl because his mother wouldnt allow it but in every respect he behaved like a girl, talked, walked etc. My boyfriends brother was a regular little kid. He played and acted and talked like a little boy but he hung out with this other kid every single day. They had no other friends that they hung with on a regualr basis except when in school.
When we became adults, the girly boy announced that he was gay. My boyfriends brother did too. We saw something in the one kid but nothing in the other and I think he was influenced by the other kid. Just sayin. The brother changed the way he spoke and acted after he grew up. The other kid was always like that. What does this say ?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
Considering sexuality doesn't develop fully until puberty...well all relationships are a learned process. Both straight AND gay ones.

Bull. My first crushes were all women. That would have been when I was about 5. I Dream of Jennie. Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. Hell, even Betty Rubble.
Never had a thing for Adam West or Burt Ward. If you get the reference. Which I doubt.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by adigregorio

Bull. My first crushes were all women. That would have been when I was about 5. I Dream of Jennie. Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. Hell, even Betty Rubble.
Never had a thing for Adam West or Burt Ward. If you get the reference. Which I doubt.

Lol Batman and Robin, na-na-na-na-na-na-na BATMAN!

Now that I have smashed your doubts about that, are you saying that children are sexually active?

Since Homo and Hetro both have sexual after them, we do realize that those words define with whom one is having relations with?

A human is a blank slate when it is born, it learns and constantly is learning. When I was young I hated coffee, now I can't live with out it. Was I "turned" into a coffeesexual? Or did my personal preferences change?

Also, nither of those options is less than the other.
(Edit: Options = Born Gay, or Choose Gay)

People are born human, all the other lables come later...
edit on 4/29/2012 by adigregorio because: Clarification

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Explain to me how Homosexuals are "born that way"

WE ARE!!!!!

Get used to it!!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4hero
Don't forget genes can mutate. It's obvious gay people are born that way, they have similar characteristics, similar mannerisms, some look similar and seem overly feminie. They also sound similar a lot of the time.

But that is a complete stereotype.

Not all gay people act that way, in fact most don't. Being overtly feminine and camp is a choice. But it's a choice that is a reaction to bigotry and ignorance. When people are oppressed they will act more overtly, like sticking the finger in your face.

There are as many different personalities within the gay community as the straights.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
As a straight person, could you ''get it up'' (or what women do when turned on if you're female) if you tried? I bet not. It's there or it isn't. A gay person would have as difficult a time ''getting turned on'' by the opposite sex as a straight person would have with the same sex. Not to say you can't force yourself to dip into something your not really comfortable with, but if that's just not you, then you revert to what does feel right. If you're turned on by the same sex, the only choice you get is to accept it for what it is or deny it and live life never knowing how great a relationship can be when you're actually into it. Why would someone chose to be something that catches flack all the time unless it really made them happy?

I have gay friends who tried to be straight...Not because of what people thought but because they themselves did not like the idea of being gay (at the time). Turns out being happy and not lying to yourself is more rewarding than being accepted for something you have to force.

PS This is a total troll thread. ATS trends...screaming how we have no freedom one day, condemning alternate lifestyle the next.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I have a 6 year old boy, who *IF* he turns out to be gay or bisexual, I will tell him I love him NO MATTER WHAT!! And that I have known since he was 2-3 years old!!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Isnt every fetus female before it determines what sex it will be?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join