It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain to me how Homosexuals are "born that way".

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
OP, there is nothing to explain. In every issue, liberals/leftists dont believe they are responsible for anything. No money? It must be those greedy rich people who stole from me. Addicted to Drugs? It must be pharmaceutical companies. Homosexual? It must be genetics. You wont heare a liberal say "I chose drugs" or "I chose poverty" or "I chose homosexuality".
edit on 29-4-2012 by lucid eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
One theory on how a "gay gene" could be passed is that, gays not being able to have kids of their own, will look after their nieces/nephews to a higher degree than hetero aunts/uncles who have their own kids. Said nieces/nephews have a higher chance of survival and gay gene moves on.
edit on 4/29/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
Alright, let me start off by saying I do not by ANY means have hatred toward Homosexuals. Yes, you can see my avatar very clearly to the left - but make no mistake, I love Homosexuals with all of my heart, and so does God. I am a Christian, and though I do not approve of Homosexual relations (i.e. sexual relations between same genders, lusting, etc.), I classify it as any other sexual sin - i.e., fornication, sexual immorality, adultery and lusting. Yes, that means we are ALL guilty of sin, except for those who aren't attracted to ANYTHING, because apparently there are some people out there like that.

However, I have a sincere, honest question in response to the claim LGBTs and LGBT-defenders make - that they are, for some reason, born that way. For example - we wouldn't discriminate someone who was born with a disease or something, because it isn't their fault, they had no choice, they were born that way.

So, we've all heard that argument before. First off - to be born in a certain way, we are talking about genetics, correct? So, somebody with a heart disease, possibly received that disease because of a parent, an uncle, a grandparent, etc. It was in their family - that is why you hear the commercials that say "If your family has a history of heart problems", etc, etc.

Now, here's where I'm confused. You get your genetics from your BIOLOGIC parents, correct? So.. how do homosexuals "receive" these supposed "inherent" genes.. if they got them from HETEROSEXUAL parents?

It is a proven fact, undeniably so, that there has never, EVER been a case of a homosexual couple having a biologic child - they can adopt, sure. But that child got his genetics from his BIOLOGICAL parents.

So, LGBTs and LGBT defenders, please answer this for me - where does the gene come from that makes a homosexual "born that way"?

well, i'll put it in way that you should understand with this question...."how did you yourself choose to be heterosexual??....if homosexuality is a "choice" , so then is heterosexuality...you can't have it both ways

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by garygnu

The rules are that I must choose to be the next incarnation that Great Spirit offers to me. I must choose to be born to certain parents, to be a certain sex, to have certain sexual preferences, to have certain relatives, to have certain desires to fulfill, to be certain roles in order to attain spiritual perfection through learning the lessons that life affords but which I had failed to learn in previous lifetimes. I even have to agree to the date of my birth that Great Spirit chooses for me.

Peace!

western relationships/couplings seem to be based on Procreation and promiscuous young adults eventually settling down, having one too many kids (often with more than one spouse) and then being born again and shedding all "sins" (kamm) and starting a fresh new clean life while looking down on others.

the dwelling on the physical body - man made adam and even not adam and steve. The key goes in the hole, not another key. Very physical, material, superficial way of looking at people - even as a "religious" person.

then there are the spiritual persons (ie, buddhists) who realize our souls are so much more than key or hole.

does the soul (manifest consciousness) have sex/gender??

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

I dont know if this is such a left/right argument because there are gays on both teams.

Some people choose not to EVER enter a relationship and get porked. Who cares? Why would a homosexual need to make excuses in the first place like a drug addict or poor person?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Well my goddess made the world this way...

Using the process of natural selection here in this part of the universe, she had some fun...

Wiki answers...

This is the theory because all femle ova have female chromosomes.. Sperm have male and female chromosomes. If the sperm containing female chromosomes then nothing changes during fertilization. If male chromosomes, then changes take place to cause the cells to produce a male. There is scientific theory that this may be a cause of homosexuality in that the changes do not occur as expected. But this is only theory.
---
They don't necessariy start as female, but they do have female organs. It is the presence of chemicals (due to Y chromosome) that forms the male organs from the female organs later on.

Read more: wiki.answers.com...

Variations can occur at the chemical level of gene formations and they are not always complete...

In essence we are all females, some are chemically altered into males... saves space in DNA programming... dont have to have two sets of instructions just one set, with 2 slightly different chemical recipes (buy an ingredient or two) ...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Salamandy
there are gays on both teams.

Id never imply any different. My post has nothing to do with that. The mentality "Its not my choice" is a fundamentally left-wing/liberal mentality. There are actually some homosexuals who readily admit "I chose homosexuality". Thats not to say there is not some genes/nature involve at all, there probably is. But the liberal/left-wing mentality denies ANY sort of self-choice.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

Originally posted by Salamandy
there are gays on both teams.

Id never imply any different. My post has nothing to do with that. The mentality "Its not my choice" is a fundamentally left-wing/liberal mentality. There are actually some homosexuals who readily admit "I chose homosexuality". Thats not to say there is not some genes/nature involve at all, there probably is. But the liberal/left-wing mentality denies ANY sort of self-choice.

I am a liberal because I choose to be - it's my choice. I choose to be a liberal because I want to fight for the downtrodden people in this world. Those who are gay, black, poor. I am not gay, black or poor, because I was born white, heterosexual and middle-class. I don't have a choice in how I was born, but I do have a choice in how I live my life. I think I just blew your theory.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Since a drug is a chemical addiction and poor being a social class system. You can't compare apples and oranges. You chose Christianity, you chose to be right wing, imposing you're belief system on others is implying that you have the authority of god to judge and are thusly a hypocrite.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Not to derail the thread, but I felt compelled to respond to this.

The world is not overpopulated. You reference China. China has empty cities that can house millions of people. Why are they empty? Why are they killing their children with this amount of empty space?

These amazing satellite images show sprawling cities built in remote parts of China that have been left completely abandoned, sometimes years after their construction. Elaborate public buildings and open spaces are completely unused, with the exception of a few government vehicles near communist authority offices. Some estimates put the number of empty homes at as many as 64 million, with up to 20 new cities being built every year in the country's vast swathes of free land. The photographs have emerged as a Chinese government think tank warns that the country's real estate bubble is getting worse, with property prices in major cities overvalued by as much as 70 per cent.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
there is such a thing as bi sexuality
anyhow here is the science

Mom’s pills might turn daughters into lesbians, study suggests

www.world-science.net...

In a study exclusively focused on the causes of homosexuality in women, a popular researcher on the genetics of homosexuality, Dr. Michael Bailey, of Northwestern University, and his associates, admit that “although both male and female sexual orientation appear to be at least somewhat heritable, environment also must be of considerable importance in their origins.” (5)
In Bailey’s most recent study on the genetic and environmental influences on sexual orientation, he again admits that while genetic factors are implicated, environmental factors are also important...

...These findings support the research of Dr. Lisa Diamond
who concluded, “Sexual identity was far from fixed in
women who aren’t exclusively heterosexual.” After
following 80 non-heterosexual young women (lesbian,
bisexual and unlabeled) over a two-year period, Dr.
Diamond found that half of the women “reported
multiple changes in sexual identity, and nearly one
fourth of lesbians pursued sexual contact with men.”

...Dr. Kristine Falco, a gay affirmative therapist, in her
book on Psychotherapy with the Lesbian Client, objects
to the notion that sexual identity is an either or
proposition: lesbian or heterosexual. She believes sexual
identity falls along a continuum, especially for women,
and notes, “both identity and behavior can fluctuate over
a woman’s lifespan.”

narth.com...

edit on 29-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I didn't choose to be attracted to females. Sometimes I wonder why I am. I assume that probably for most it is the same in that whatever the mysterious force of sexual attraction is it is far from the conscious mind.

It could be likely that the majority of humans are born bisexual so to speak and that it is our culture that points our sex drive in a particular direction. The problem is that these things are all so complicated and intertwined that there is no one correct answer.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

I am a liberal because I choose to be - it's my choice. I choose to be a liberal because I want to fight for the downtrodden people in this world. Those who are gay, black, poor. I am not gay, black or poor, because I was born white, heterosexual and middle-class. I don't have a choice in how I was born, but I do have a choice in how I live my life. I think I just blew your theory.

Thinking that the downtrodden dont have a choice to be downtrodden or that you dont have a choice to be born is only your theory. You hold that theory because you are a liberal. Thanks for proving my point.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Why would anyone chose that lifestyle for themselves, that is a very hard road to hoe. It's not enviromental or influenced by society, it's in the genes.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Thinking that the downtrodden dont have a choice to be downtrodden or that you dont have a choice to be born is only your theory. You hold that theory because you are a liberal. Thanks for proving my point.

So, I had a choice whether or not to be born? News to me. Tell me how you chose to be born. Black people chose to be black, and they chose to be discriminated against? Children in poverty choose to go to bed hungry? So, I guess right wingers believe that children who are aborted chose to be aborted, so it's their own fault, right? And women who are raped chose to be raped. And, the people who died on 9/11 chose to die. There are no victims in the right winger's world?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

How does a child show gay tendencies before they even begin to develop sexually?

The answer is they don't. It is impossible for a child not exposed to sex or sexual concepts to show any gay tendencies before sexual development. You can't crave chocolate ice cream, if you never tasted it and don't know it exists.

I have had gay people tell me that they knew they were different by the time they were 5 years old.

Children have no concept of what is normal or abnormal until they are taught a certain way or treated a certain way. I was a tomboy, but no one ever said anything or treated me in a way that would make me feel my behavior was abnormal. I hated wearing dresses and liked play boxing with my brother and being tough. While no one directly pointed it out to me, I could see from TV that men were expected to be tough and not girls, so I would sometimes wish I had been born a boy. However, it was an entirely non-sexual thought. I had no desire to hold hands, kiss, or be affectionate with girls or woman at 7 or 8 and I still don't today. Kids in healthy environments don't even know what sex means in relation to their own bodies or someone elses. Even if they are aware of sex, they should have no mental or psychological desire to engage in any type of sex acts.

The 5 year old boy who likes barbies and the 5 year old girl who likes GI Joes are only showing gay tendencies in the minds of ignorant adults. It is not an indicator of which gender they will want to have romantic or sexual relationships with 10+ years down the line. If they stay around people who condition them to think they are not normal, they are more likely to do abnormal things because they will grow into that identity of not being normal.

edit on 29-4-2012 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

OP, there is nothing to explain. In every issue, liberals/leftists dont believe they are responsible for anything. No money? It must be those greedy rich people who stole from me. Addicted to Drugs? It must be pharmaceutical companies. Homosexual? It must be genetics. You wont heare a liberal say "I chose drugs" or "I chose poverty" or "I chose homosexuality".
edit on 29-4-2012 by lucid eyes because: (no reason given)

I'm a liberal.

--I chose illicit drugs,and then I chose to stop doing illicit drugs.
Pharmaceutical companies had nothing to do with it, nor did the poverty I grew up in, my parents, or anything else. I accept responsibility for that choice, and the damage that it caused to everyone around me.

--I choose to prioritize my family and the harmony of my household first so I am not wealthy. The economy is difficult right now and does effect how hard I must work to achieve material things. I simply choose not to take that time away from my family to achieve them. They are only things. I think this is a good moral choice.

I did not choose my sexuality. I have been attracted to women as well as men since the hormones started muttering and roaring. I am slightly more attracted to women than to men but I choose my marriage to a very kind man, who is my equal, that I Love very much, and I am sexually attracted to. I chose to be with him, and it was a very good choice.

So... I'ma call you a liar on this one cupcake. You are just spewing out a bunch of thoughtless stereotypes and rhetoric. If you aren't lying, and you actually believe this B.S. I would suggest you start thinking for yourself at some point instead of just parroting what other people say.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I think the reasoning behind your question comes from an oversimplification of genetics. This is understandable since most people think genetics is an either/or situation. Either you have the gene and you display the trait or you don't. In truth it is very rare to be able to look at a specific gene for a specific mutation and say that is the cause of the trait. This is especially true for something as complex as behavior. It's going to be caused by the contribution of numerous genes. However even if all the genes are present the trait may not present itself. So somebody could have all the genes that predispose them to homosexuality and still be straight and vice-versa. All the genes do is predispose you to the behavior they are then reliant on environmental stimuli to manifest that behavior. If you have more genes that predispose you to the behavior then it will take very little influence from the environment to have the behavior manifest.

This is how people can pass on the "gay genes" without being homosexual themselves. I also just want to make it clear that I'm not saying homosexuality is a choice. Generally we have just as little control over environmental influences as we do over the genes we possess.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
One thing I've always been curious about (and that this thread kind of talks about) is Why do some Homosexual men talk like women? I wasn't aware that sexual preference somehow physically affected the human body (the voice box).

Can someone explain that to me?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyingkiwi
The same way red heads are "born that way"

no, that's just a recessive gene, the point the OP is making is that since homosexuals can't reproduce, how does the homosexual gene get passed on ?

OP - in gaga's song she says it plain as day

because god makes no mistakes

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join