It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain to me how Homosexuals are "born that way".

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dareamus
See now these 'debates' always anger me, 1, Christianity is nothing more then the adaptation of numerous other religions so stop using it as a source of reference (im sorry but it's true and those who are any good at research will no doubt know it by now) and 2, sexuality is made up by different underline factors be it you have more oestrogen in your biological make up then many other males or there is the environmental factors i.e how you were raised by your parents, what your friend say as your growing up how you see others act about it so on so forth, and as a child this has a psychological effect on the person determining how they themselves will later react.

My belief is this, not a single person is born straight, as a baby love is love be it from a man or a woman, life happens and then you grow up to be either straight, bi-sexual, gay or trans-gender. Simply saying god didn't want it that way is no valid excuse to be homophobic, make your own mind up that's one of the reasons you joined this site isn't it? to find you own opinions and such.

just to quote my on topic comment before i got annoyed...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Okay, guys. This thread gets about 2 pages of posts in about a minute, so it's gotten extremely hard to respond to -everything- when I have to do things like, sleep. The problem is, MOST of these responses all share a common theme - they ask "Why does it matter?" "Do you really care about who sleeps with who?" and things like that.

There are people claiming I'm a typical Christian, there are people claiming I'm not a Christian at all.
There are people claiming I'm a bigoted pig, and there are some who think I have an agenda.
There are people claiming I'm making implications that I'm not, that I'm making assumptions and pointing fingers.

Let's make one thing clear.

I don't care who you sleep with.

I care about knowledge. I care about where this supposed "inherited" gene came from, if it even EXISTS.

Here's what I've gotten so far, from all the responses -
The gene does exist, Homosexuals are born that way just like people who are left handed are born that way.
The gene doesn't exist, because genetics cannot predict behavior, desires, attractions.
It's a choice, with testimonies of homosexuals who pursue heterosexual relations and never went back.
It's not a choice, with testimonies of homosexuals who simply are NOT attracted to the opposite gender.
It's effected by environment, or at least a factor, as two parents who are in the medical field, increases the child's odds of him being in the medical field.
It's not effected by environment, as there are stories of children adopted by homosexual parents that are purely heterosexual when they grow up.

After all this, I think we can safely come to the conclusion..

That nobody #ing knows.
edit on 30-4-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dareamus

Originally posted by nahahh

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by glock19
If people are really born gay, that means it's a birth defect.

Right. Kinda like how being born with green eyes is a birth defect. I guess that about ends this discussion.

Yeah....you should quit, while you're ahead. Sexual preference and eye color? You couldn't do better than that?

How about being born that way vs. Down's Syndrome. At least...compare apples with apples.

so gays are like people with down's syndrome?... that's not much better the green eyes serving a purpose for sex.

Ahhhhhhhhh.....too much TELEVISION. Uuuuuuuh Down's Syndrome is a 'birth defect'. Homosexuality, is a BRAIN DISORDER. hahahahah Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Hey, don't blame me.....BLAME SCIENCE.

So, basically, the B.I.B.L.E. says it wrong, science says it's a brain disorder...and even the monkeys are scratching their heads like: "They think we're gay too?" Nah, ya'll...we're just establishing authority."; but gays are like....rah-rah-rah? And weeeeeeee're the "crazy ones"?

Just out of curiousity......you don't see the oddness of it all...man/man...woman/woman? Does it even look NORMAL, when it's written that way? Or, does THIS look normal.....man/woman????

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

What gender one is experiencing, or what gender one is attracted to,
is chosen "prior" to an incarnation. It is within one's soul contract and
the soul's blueprint for the balancing of energy.
The awareness/realization of this takes place through the expansion of
Consciousness, being aware at soul level, and beyond. At soul level, one
is aware that we are all truly androgenous Beings, both masculine and feminine
balanced as One Energy within. The form, or body, is not who one truly is,
it is a vehicle in which the soul uses while one is experiencing the
holographic projection in a 3D reality, or any reality of form within the multi-
dimensional energy structure.
When one awakens to the experiences of all their incarnations along with
integrating their multi-dimensional aspects of Self, one realizes that every
androgynous soul has experiences with/as both genders, and it is right
on purpose.
The veil lifts, and recognition of what is, is present. Major roles are being
played out for the benefit of the Whole and the Energy it is. What needs
to be learned and what needs to be unlearned is fulfilled, and the process
is a movement of expansion and contraction unto the unconditional love
of ISness.
The mind control program of the lower dimensions however, does not teach this
as it serves the purpose of keeping those trapped into their belief systems
rather than realizing they are actually free to see what truly IS, and this brings
experiences of separation, fear, judgement, etc. Yet all of it, is serving the
whole, and is not what it "appears" to be when seeing from the larger perspective.
Love IS, and it does Not matter what gender the form itself is in order to give/
receive it, regardless of what any external Book states.
What is the inner knowing of the heart revealing?
The answer lies there for all, not in the external. Noone need take my word for
it, look within, self inquiry is the key. When one lets go of all the mind's beliefs,
and what has been taught through the controlled mind matrix.....the truth which is
always Present, is revealed.
I AM. And I Am not a gender, the gender is not "who" I Am. I Am not the Mind
either, for I Am the observer of the mind.
It is OK, to BE the Love, with ALL, as One.....for it is, Love ITSelf.
These souls, are actually Shining Love's Unconditional Truth to the Whole World!...
regardless of what anyone thinks about it. It's Beautiful!
They are also teaching self-empowerment. They, are learning and teaching
how to embrace fear in this 3D reality, and are the strongest of the strong or
they wouldn't be here, noone would actually, and we are never at the whim
of the multiverse....it's all about Balance.
Love is Present, and will continue to manifest ItSelf Everywhere!
It is Already So in the continuum.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nahahh

I'm not saying that you have to agree with homosexuality. I'm not saying that you have to agree with ANYTHING. All I'm saying is that your opinions aren't going to make a difference. If somebody has made a choice, there's nothing that you can do about it. Go do something productive instead of trying to alter the way others choose to live their lives.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Much love for this post.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Right. Kinda like how being born with green eyes is a birth defect. I guess that about ends this discussion.

Yeah....you should quit, while you're ahead. Sexual preference and eye color? You couldn't do better than that?

How about being born that way vs. Down's Syndrome. At least...compare apples with apples.

Are you saying there is something wrong with people with downs syndrome and that they are second class people who ought not to be married?

I hope not because that would make you worse scum than before.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

However, I have a sincere, honest question in response to the claim LGBTs and LGBT-defenders make - that they are, for some reason, born that way. For example - we wouldn't discriminate someone who was born with a disease or something, because it isn't their fault, they had no choice, they were born that way.

I do not hate homosexuals either. I do not belong to any organized religion. What happens between consenting adults is none of my business.

Is homosexuality genetically determined? In rare cases, yes. There are cases of hermaphrodites and other medical oddities. Some men have very little testosterone. Look at someone like Truman Capote.

But generally speaking, I suspect most homosexuals are homosexual for psychological reasons.

Look at how many boys are raised by single women in this country. It's practically epidemic. Fathers are prominent by their absence. Many boys grow up without positive adult male role models.

And I'm not going into the number of boys who are "turned" by older male homosexuals.

The young are taught that moral codes are obsolete & irrelevant to modern life.

Misogyny is rampant throughout the world. Men are considered superior to women on EVERY level.
To the misogynist, women exist for breeding and menial labor.

Truth be told, many men will pork just about anything. Women hate to hear that, but it's the truth.

Why is homosexuality being promoted so vigorously by mainsteam media?

Much of the media is controlled by homosexuals. Mike Ovitz (sp?) called it the "Gay Mafia". They are real and powerful.

TPTB birthing the NWO want to encourage homosexuality to destroy the traditional nuclear family. The child's allegiance will be to the State Corporation, not the family.

The first step in destroying the family was to destroy women thru the Feminist movement. That was done in the 1960's thru the 1980's.

Homosexuality may serve as a form of birth control.

In any case, most homosexuals would rather blame their sexual tastes on their genes. It makes it easier on them.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Okay, guys. This thread gets about 2 pages of posts in about a minute, so it's gotten extremely hard to respond to -everything- when I have to do things like, sleep. The problem is, MOST of these responses all share a common theme - they ask "Why does it matter?" "Do you really care about who sleeps with who?" and things like that.

There are people claiming I'm a typical Christian, there are people claiming I'm not a Christian at all.
There are people claiming I'm a bigoted pig, and there are some who think I have an agenda.
There are people claiming I'm making implications that I'm not, that I'm making assumptions and pointing fingers.

Let's make one thing clear.

I don't care who you sleep with.

I care about knowledge. I care about where this supposed "inherited" gene came from, if it even EXISTS.

Here's what I've gotten so far, from all the responses -
The gene does exist, Homosexuals are born that way just like people who are left handed are born that way.
The gene doesn't exist, because genetics cannot predict behavior, desires, attractions.
It's a choice, with testimonies of homosexuals who pursue heterosexual relations and never went back.
It's not a choice, with testimonies of homosexuals who simply are NOT attracted to the opposite gender.
It's effected by environment, or at least a factor, as two parents who are in the medical field, increases the child's odds of him being in the medical field.
It's not effected by environment, as there are stories of children adopted by homosexual parents that are purely heterosexual when they grow up.

After all this, I think we can safely come to the conclusion..

That nobody #ing knows.

I know this: if God says it's wrong.....regardless of what IT is....it's wrong. People are FREE to choose the lifestyle they want to live. You want to be homosexual, fornicator, adulterer, whoremonger, liar, thief, etc, etc...be that. Nobody is FORCING you to live the straight and narrow. It's a LIFESTYLE! You have to CHOOSE that lifestyle...and it aint for everybody. It requires CHANGE and DISCIPLINE. Somethings don't cut it in God's kingdom. But, people can keep believing that religious mumbo jumbo...if they want.

If i tell my children...don't touch the stove because it's hot, and they could burn their hands! But, they don't listen and they touch it; and burn their hands. Who's fault is it? Am i being MEAN because i'm trying to protect my children from danger? Do i not know what's BEST for my children...considering i've been here LONGER?

Unfortunately....children don't LISTEN...and adults think they're grown and know what's "best". This is why sometimes.....Daddy needs to teach HIS children a LESSON. They just DON'T GET IT.

By the way......did you know that God said........"Do not BORROW"? "Do not FEAR"? Do not do all of the things, the world says is: "OK"!

And we wonder why??? Really??? Are we that CLUELESS??? Perhaps people should read the Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth Manual. How does life work? STUDY THE BOOK! It's an INSTRUCTION MANUAL TO A VICTORIOUS LIFE THROUGH FAITH! It's not a Nazi manual. God is a God of CHOICE....so, CHOOSE WISELY!

Oh, and God is NOT going to 1) break HIS WORD for you or 2) give you SPECIAL PRIVILEGES. You gotta work the PRINICIPLES.....or live a sad, unfulfilled life; if you dont! It's not God's problem. It's YOURS! He gave you HIS WORD! Get it. It's HIS WOOOOOOOOOOOOORD....signed with BLOOD!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I once heard someone relate that a study was made on the brains of homosexuals and those that aren't and they discovered that homosexuals have a part of the brain that's missing which straight people have. If it's true then homosexuality is genetic, biological, or whatever you call it. It's a brain abnormality.

Concerning genetics from what I've seen homosexuality and bisexuality are either inherited or happen by chance. If both parents are bisexual then there's a higher chance of their children being gay. If one parent swings both ways then there's a bigger likelihood that his/her offspring will be gay as compared to both parents being straight. But it's not always dependent on the parents - the parents can both be straight but if a grandparent or an uncle/aunt isn't then a child of the couple could inherit their relative's homosexuality. And so on and so forth.

For instance in a family that has five siblings if four are gay then you can say homosexuality runs in the family, and it's highly likely that at least one of the parents is gay. But if in a family of five siblings only one is gay then you could say the family is predominantly straight and the gay child is the odd one out. That's usually the case
in most families from what I've seen; as the saying goes, "There's always one in the family".

edit on 30-4-2012 by Nightwalk because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2012 by Nightwalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

This is a troll post. My God "instructs" me that the act of homosexual relations is a sin. A man loving a man is perfectly fine. A woman loving a woman is perfectly fine. Love is encouraged, lust isn't, in ANY case (even between a man and woman).

In "ANY" case? Good thing we don't listen to whoever your "God" is...we would be extinct right now

Lust is the very thing that proliferates our race...that being the human race...and is ultimately what attracts us to our mates. Our continued lust for our mate is what keeps us with him/her, and causes us to want to cohabitate with him/her, often in marriage.

You stated that nowhere in your OP did you say homosexuals choose their sexual preference. Why question the validity then of deoxyribonucleic acid determining our sexual orientation? Why does it matter? Asking the question at all infers that you disbelieve the theory. Either you wanted to start something or you didn't.

There are numerous journals and articles on the web detailing and supporting the theory that our DNA is the boss of our sexual destiny. Maybe your deity can give you instructions on how to perform a Google search. It might be simpler to just accept that some people have blue eyes, some have red hair, some have rare blood disorders or anomalous physical attributes, and some people are gay. Unless you are either a genetic researcher or a mean-spirited nasty creature who lives under a bridge and likes to get people riled up, there's really no need to make an issue out of it.

link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Are you saying there is something wrong with people with downs syndrome and that they are second class people who ought not to be married?

I hope not because that would make you worse scum than before.

This makes me long for the good old days when the mongoloid were sterilized.

(Just joking!)

link   
reply to post by Nightwalk

Really? I never heard any study that claimed gay people have part of their brain missing, that would be interesting to look at. Are you sure you don't mean inactive?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

But generally speaking, I suspect most homosexuals are homosexual for psychological reasons.

In any case, most homosexuals would rather blame their sexual tastes on their genes. It makes it easier on them.

Your proof?

Makes what easier? I am quite at home with being gay and I don't need to BLAME it on anything or anyone, I was born this way and that's all I had to come to terms with, I am happy with myself and my life, but judging by the number of gay threads started by "straights" most of you are so unhappy with your lives you would rather focus on why the gays exist and why we are happier than you are! We are happy because we love ourselves and each other! Get out of our bedrooms, we don't invade yours!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tigertatzen

Didn't you read that part of the bible? The eleventh commandment.
Thou shall only have sex, in the missionary position, for procreation purposes only, with the lights off. No touching allowed!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

However, I have a sincere, honest question in response to the claim LGBTs and LGBT-defenders make - that they are, for some reason, born that way. For example - we wouldn't discriminate someone who was born with a disease or something, because it isn't their fault, they had no choice, they were born that way.

I do not hate homosexuals either. I do not belong to any organized religion. What happens between consenting adults is none of my business.

Is homosexuality genetically determined? In rare cases, yes. There are cases of hermaphrodites and other medical oddities. Some men have very little testosterone. Look at someone like Truman Capote.

Look at how many boys are raised by single women in this country. It's practically epidemic. Fathers are prominent by their absence. Many boys grow up without positive adult male role models.

And I'm not going into the number of boys who are "turned" by older male homosexuals.

The young are taught that moral codes are obsolete & irrelevant to modern life.

Misogyny is rampant throughout the world. Men are considered superior to women on EVERY level.
To the misogynist, women exist for breeding and menial labor.

Truth be told, many men will pork just about anything. Women hate to hear that, but it's the truth.

Why is homosexuality being promoted so vigorously by mainsteam media?

Much of the media is controlled by homosexuals. Mike Ovitz (sp?) called it the "Gay Mafia". They are real and powerful.

TPTB birthing the NWO want to encourage homosexuality to destroy the traditional nuclear family. The child's allegiance will be to the State Corporation, not the family.

The first step in destroying the family was to destroy women thru the Feminist movement. That was done in the 1960's thru the 1980's.

Homosexuality may serve as a form of birth control.

Will take it a step further. A friend of mine comes to my gym...and she brings her son and her male friend, who has that homosexual 'spirit' in him. How do i know? It's OBVIOUS...when you've lived around them. As we're all working out...i noticed her son...age 12..and her friend...much older...kinda like rubbin' up against each other...and what not. I started thinking to myself....girl...don't you see your son brushing up against this grown azz man? Hellooooooooo??? It's not something a father would do with his son....that's for SURE! And, sorry to say...but that's how the seed always get planted. It's always someone close to the family that plants it...and the world just WATERS AWAY. Before you know it...the boy forgets about his puberty years..and tah-dah...he was born that way.

Now, i hug and kiss my daughters.....ALL THE TIME. I'm constantly showing them affection...because they're girls...and i want them to know how a man is supposed to treat his lady. But, i would NEVER show that same kind of affection to my son. Not the way i do with my daughters. That responsibility belongs to my wife.

I have 5 girls...and i've asked all of them.....are you gay? do you like other girls? And they emphatically said, "no ewwwwww". And i said, 'good'...now you can't ever say: "you were born that way".

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3

Your proof?

Makes what easier? I am quite at home with being gay and I don't need to BLAME it on anything or anyone, I was born this way and that's all I had to come to terms with, I am happy with myself and my life, but judging by the number of gay threads started by "straights" most of you are so unhappy with your lives you would rather focus on why the gays exist and why we are happier than you are! We are happy because we love ourselves and each other! Get out of our bedrooms, we don't invade yours!

Uh, i care so much because of HISTORY's PAST. Ironic how the name Sodomy came about. Isn't it??? This is what i would advise the ENTIRE world....based on my fairy tale 'beliefs'.....change course...before it's too late.

God destroyed man........twice.....because of homosexuality. It WAS man's downfall..and the reason for God's anger....and it's back, AGAIN. Not to hate, bash, point fingers, condemn, blah, blah, blah....but something has got to change...and it's not going to be God's WORD.

If God said...dont do this...but do this instead.......why can't we listen? The further we get away from God...and HIS principles......the darker times will get. It won't be God's doing....it will be mankind's HARVEST!

You better LEARN the SEEDTIME/HARVEST principle. It's the BASIS of Mother Earth! GET THE PRINCIPLES...homosexuals, whoremongers, adulterers, fornicators, liars, thieves, etc, etc. Work the PRINCIPLES. They're for your GOOD! Stop eating from the tree of KNOWLEDGE....WISDOM BRINGS SUCCESS! BE WISE!

OUT!!!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3

Your proof?

Then i suggest you guys quit dancing up and down the streets with your lil gay parades and picket signs ranting about wanted to get married and having kids, equal rights and all that other crap.... Seems like you just wanna have ones cake n eat it too..
edit on 30-4-2012 by dayve because: backwards

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nahahh

God never said that about gays.

And anyone who speaks for biblical god is lying.

That IS in the bible

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nahahh

Judge much?
Hate much?

If your God was so powerful why doesn't he just lift his little finger and wipe out all the homosexuals? I am sure he can "AIM" his hatred in much the way you can and in doing so kill all the gays without harming a single straight! What a lovely place this planet would be if only inhabited by straight people! NOT!

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join