It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain to me how Homosexuals are "born that way".

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by capone1

Originally posted by thegagefather

Originally posted by libertytoall
Has anyone studied or witnessed homosexuality in the animal kingdom besides the once in a blue moon incident? I mean has there every been recorded gay couples in the animal world? This is why I find it unnatural. You cannot procreate if you're gay so the most simplistic outlook on homosexuality proves to be unnatural and against the species progress. If everyone was gay we'd be extinct.. How else can anyone look at it?

I would guess that animals could be gay. Perhaps thats where instinct/desire could be variables.
Humans have evolved so incredibly much that it would be hard for me to accept an animal/human comparison.

Humans are biological entities, and in terms of genetic material, we aren't any more advanced than other species.

In fact, many species have much more genetic material than we do.

That said - you're wrong - humans aren't evolved past animals.

In fact... WE ARE ANIMALS.
edit on 29-4-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

Again im no expert, but we are on a whole nother level than them. Intellectually, intelligence, etc. They mave has as much genetic material, but Im presuming ours are far more advanced and precise.

You'd be surprised (as I was) to find out just the opposite. Chimps have forty-eight chromosomes and only 200 potential diseases written in their DNA.. Human have two LESS chromosomes, and FOUR-THOUSAND potential diseases! Whoever turned us into humans made a real mess of it (and I'm not kidding).

Like he said, he's not an expert.

And he's misinformed.

Nothing else to discuss.

Because no, our genes are not more advance or precise, in any way. In fact, they are often more simple.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
What he did was hateful...and VERY unfair

What he did was hide that part of himself that society deemed wrong. Some gays are getting murdered. Gay students are being bashed. Young gay men are being disowned by their parents. This stuff is frightening!

I think I'd try to hide it too.

Case in point, if I'm an infidel in the Middle East and some nasty looking Muslim asks me if I believe in allah. Oh, hell ya! I'm kneelin' on that rug until I get on the next plane outa' there.

I can't dismiss the point you make, and any form of hate and violence that targets any group of people is NOT OK in my book, in my case I'm from CA, USA, ex hubby from Bay Area, very tolerant and open toward gay life style, as far as I know he was never threatened with anything other then wanting to fit in with his family, big 49er fans, macho types.....and to this day I have been forced to maintain this "illusion" or destroy him and my child....he's an idiot.....selfish idiot excuse me......

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

What he did was hide that part of himself that society deemed wrong. Some gays are getting murdered. Gay students are being bashed. Young gay men are being disowned by their parents. This stuff is frightening!

Case in point, if I'm an infidel in the Middle East and some nasty looking Muslim asks me if I believe in allah. Oh, hell ya! I'm kneelin' on that rug until I get on the next plane outa' there.

I can't dismiss the point you make, and any form of hate and violence that targets any group of people is NOT OK in my book, in my case I'm from CA, USA, ex hubby from Bay Area, very tolerant and open toward gay life style, as far as I know he was never threatened with anything other then wanting to fit in with his family, big 49er fans, macho types.....and to this day I have been forced to maintain this "illusion" or destroy him and my child....he's an idiot.....selfish idiot excuse me......

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Has anyone studied or witnessed homosexuality in the animal kingdom besides the once in a blue moon incident? I mean has there every been recorded gay couples in the animal world? This is why I find it unnatural. You cannot procreate if you're gay so the most simplistic outlook on homosexuality proves to be unnatural and against the species progress. If everyone was gay we'd be extinct.. How else can anyone look at it?

I would guess that animals could be gay. Perhaps thats where instinct/desire could be variables.
Humans have evolved so incredibly much that it would be hard for me to accept an animal/human comparison.

Humans are biological entities, and in terms of genetic material, we aren't any more advanced than other species.

Again im no expert, but we are on a whole nother level than them. Intellectually, intelligence, etc. They mave has as much genetic material, but Im presuming ours are far more advanced and precise.

You'd be surprised (as I was) to find out just the opposite. Chimps have forty-eight chromosomes and only 200 potential diseases written in their DNA.. Human have two LESS chromosomes, and FOUR-THOUSAND potential diseases! Whoever turned us into humans made a real mess of it (and I'm not kidding).

are you saying god #ed us up?
awesome fact , i love ats for such knowledge!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Just to make a point, hon, there have been times in my life where I've been a selfish idiot, and I'm not gay. I'm not degrading your pain over this, but the man made bad choices. Who hasn't done that?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
OP, there is nothing to explain. In every issue, liberals/leftists dont believe they are responsible for anything. No money? It must be those greedy rich people who stole from me. Addicted to Drugs? It must be pharmaceutical companies. Homosexual? It must be genetics. You wont heare a liberal say "I chose drugs" or "I chose poverty" or "I chose homosexuality".

This has to be the funniest post I have read on this thread. Homosexuals DO NOT choose to be gay. There is scientific evidence that shows that it is not a choice: www.guardian.co.uk...

Christian logic is the reason humanity is so behind

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Indeed, I'm still waiting to hear from a pastor why he chose meth and rent boys while he was preaching against those things.

Oh yeah, in that case they never chose it, the devil made them do it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Honestly I'm absolutely stunned at at what I'm reading in this thread? I try to always give people the "benefit" of the doubt, and have given much consideration and empathy as to WHY gay people ruin other peoples lives with thier LIES and deception....but not one gay man in this thread has even acknowledged this point, the wreakage they leave behind when they "come out" and the implications to the children and spouses they leave in thier wake.

Sooo sorry you were confused and "persecuted" , and have zero empathy for the "collateral" damage it has caused. Glad you have it all figured out now....

So your solution is that they should stay in the closet and live a lie/be miserable because it makes it easier on you? I think kids for the most part, those not ruined by bigotry already, can handle it. And I'm a straight, married, Christian father in his 50's.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I’m still not convinced with this gene research. Any how don’t worry me what sexual preference others are as long they dont hurt anyone & i continue to enjoy the benefits of the sexually deprived single females around my neighborhood

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by staver

Honestly I'm absolutely stunned at at what I'm reading in this thread? I try to always give people the "benefit" of the doubt, and have given much consideration and empathy as to WHY gay people ruin other peoples lives with thier LIES and deception....but not one gay man in this thread has even acknowledged this point, the wreakage they leave behind when they "come out" and the implications to the children and spouses they leave in thier wake.

Sooo sorry you were confused and "persecuted" , and have zero empathy for the "collateral" damage it has caused. Glad you have it all figured out now....

So your solution is that they should stay in the closet and live a lie/be miserable because it makes it easier on you? I think kids for the most part, those not ruined by bigotry already, can handle it. And I'm a straight, married, Christian father in his 50's.

i love christians when they are true christians and they dont preach hate.

this thread annoyed me when i read the op but its awesome and amazing to see so many straight people standing up for gay people. even more so when religious people stand up for the gay people.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

are you saying god #ed us up?
awesome fact , i love ats for such knowledge!

Actually no, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying the alien species that manipulated the early hominid DNA made a real mess of it. There's no biblical god. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Fair enough, broke a few hearts along the way myself, lol, just never convinced them to marry me and have my baby...that crosses a line I think should be considered if your "heart" isn't in it, don't go there.....that's all I'm saying....

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It's more complicated than whether or not one of the parents are gay. Its just a natural variation no one knows for certain what causes it. Like (and forgive me if this is offensive) autism. Nobody knows what causes it, but its not the way people are raised and its not because one of their parents has autism. People vary in all kinds of ways. I can't imagine how tiring it would be for millions of people around the world to fake being attracted to the same sex, even undergoing arrest and torture in some places. And, this is a statistics thing but also a life experience thing, there's really nothing 'deviant' about homosexuals. They're really not extremely more likely to be messed up in the ways you would expect of someone who's horrible upbringing forces them to act in 'unnatural ways.' Its just the way it is.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
Yes. I do agree with everything God says, in both the Old and New Testament. I agree, there is some saucy stuff in there that I'm sure you don't understand.

"A marriage shall be considered valid only if the wife is a virgin. If the wife is not a virgin, she shall be executed."
Deuteronomy 22:13-21

"All the firstborn sons will die in every family in Egypt, from the oldest son of Pharaoh, who sits on his throne, to the oldest son of his lowliest servant girl who grinds the flour. Even the firstborn of all the livestock will die."
Exodus 11:5

You agree with executing non-virgin women and innocent children? If you do, congratulations, you are a terrible person, full of venomous hatred who hasn't evolved much compared to the people who existed 2,000 years ago.

Your god claims to be loving and compassionate, but the bible is actually FULL of verses that portray him to be more like an autistic gorilla having a temper tantrum. I only listed two, but there are plenty more. I'm quite certain that the bible's corrupted and distorted version of an omnipotent cosmic entity does not exist, but if he does, I would much rather go to hell than follow that hateful rubbish.
edit on 29-4-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I see, this was more of a physical manifestation of the inner turmoil the person was suffering from than any type of sociological need to be gender compatible with their sexual orientation. Attempting to be comfortable in one's own skin. Just a note, Kerri/Kerry was a super person before and after.
Thank you for the insightful answer. I appreciated your response.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Just my two cents:

Someone once asked me what my favorite food was. I replied in turn with "tacos, because they are delicious"
I was then asked why I liked tacos, and I replied in turn with, "Because they are delicious."
I was then asked why they were delicious, and replied in turn with "just because they are"

I'm not saying genetics play a role in the preference of gender in a partner, but what I am saying is that preference itself is not a choice, you're perfectly capable of choosing what you eat, but you are not capable of choosing what you would like to eat. Homosexuality is very much the same way. Born that way or not, its is a preference, it is an orientation, and the choice only comes in deciding to indulge, or refrain. You're questioning is more about the details than it is about the core.

How long must homosexuals humbly and truthfully answer questions (about the most intimate experiences of their lives) in the face of those who claim they want to know the truth, but can't accept the humble answers given to them? What if God wanted everyone to be happy and fulfilled for all their days upon the earth? You aren't looking for an answer to the problem with genetics, you're looking for trust in your fellow man and your creator. Please trust us when we say we have found love, and rejoice with us as we share that love with the world around us, you are certainly welcome to our joy, there is plenty to go around.

Love is kind, simple, and beautiful; a stunning testament to the divinity present in every being, and to the creator which has released us from the debt of our very formation, one and all.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Only an absolutely hateful, hurtful person would say something like that. You are commenting on a subject which you are completely clueless about and write as though you are an expert.

The only reason I told my family and friends I was gay was because I love them and felt thatt as a courtesy, they ought to know. I knew it would upset some as much as it actually upset me. I am revolted by the offensive claim by you that I did so maliciously - is a disgusting thing to imply.

You should be ashamed of yourself, but you aren't - what sort of person are you?

It just goes to show some people's attitudes and how truly offended they are by gay people. How could this person have "tried to empathetic"? More like pathetic.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I hate to blunt my friend but if your "god" mattered maybe that opinion would as well. Secondly I doubt the Christ would diss gays. That a construct of human manipulation of religion.

Oh but Intrepid I know from your past you actually do know better, some things never leave us, no matter how many years have passed.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

I'm a person that married in good faith and loved a man that hid being gay until my child was 8 mns old, and we owned a home and everything I believed in for my child and family was based on a lie. I only found out because I caught him, images that have haunted and tormented me more than I describe, his intention was to do what he wanted and let me believe a lie.

So because of this that happened to you, you assume that just because a gay person tells his/her family - meaning, friends, brothers, sisters, parents - that they are doing a hateful thing. It's time for you to separate what happened to you from what you think all gay people are about.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manunnaki
Food for thought. Why would anyone chose to be gay knowing that society people in society rather could potentially kill them for being gay. Make sense of that.

My beliefs on this topic would take more time than I have to explain, but I will respond to this statement. I know men that chose to be gay after being rejected by women. I know women that chose to be lesbian after being in multiple abusive relationships with men.

To say no one would ever choose it is disingenuous and detracts from the actual conversation.

From a cognitive-behavioral standpoint sexuality is a very complex process. People are sexually attracted to inanimate objects, such as shoes, or cars. Obviously there is no gene for being attracted to a car. To say there is no physical/genetic component to homosexuality is willful ignorance. To say people are simply born this way is just as willfully ignorant. There is clearly social context at work.

What about a little girl who from the age of 3 is constantly berated by her peers for being ugly or stupid. It's clear from the wealth of evidence available that is going to have an impact on how that girl views herself. Now let's change that girl with a boy, and everyone "knows" they are gay. How does the fact everyone around you believe you are gay impact how you view yourself? To say it has no impact is sheer ignorance. We all know examples from school of the kid everyone knew was gay. Sometimes later on they come "out". Would they have viewed themselves as being gay if no one else did? It's very possible.

This however does nothing to address the morality issue of homosexuality, and being born a certain way does not necessitate it being acceptable. What about a person who is born a child molester, or murderer? Would that now make it ok for them to act on their impulses simply because they were born with them? Anyways I got into the debate more than I intended to already.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join