It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain to me how Homosexuals are "born that way".

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Debunkology

If you are ugly and rich, the girl might like you for your money but it isn't going to make you PHYSICALLY attractive to her.

edit on 29-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Lets be frank, would most closet gays with a hetero marriage and kids to live for, would admit to their underlying homosexuality to some stranger conducting a poll or survey? what i'm pointing out is the true percent of homosexuality is likely under-reported because of the stigma as well as predominance of closet gays who are heterosexually married/coupled but secretly "gay" on the side.

many previosly closeted/hetero-married gay men "come out" still not into their silver or even seniour years after having been married for decades and to shocked wives and children now adults in age.

nevertheless, recent anonymous studies point to a % even higher than 10%

according to major studies, 2% to 13% of the population is homosexual or has had some form of same-sex sexual contact within his or her lifetime

In a 2006 study 20% of respondents anonymously reported some homosexual feelings, although fewer participants identified themselves as homosexual

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
Speaking of being attracted to women...the older I get, the more I realize that I'm not as discriminating as before.

No you just have a wider range to pick from the age groups, like that young 55 year old that is looking all hot and such...and that 25 year old gets extra point for just being 25....

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

No, they WOULD NOT!!:

Lets be frank, would most closet gays with a hetero marriage and kids to live for, would admit to their underlying homosexuality to some stranger conducting a poll or survey?

Hence the "Kinsey Report" estimation.....and, there ARE an entire segment of population, as described above, who are "mired" in the bigotry that is rampant...and thus, have been forced to "live a lie", in order to "succeed".

To their bitter regret, I presume........

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

according to major studies, 2% to 13% of the population is homosexual or has had some form of same-sex sexual contact within his or her lifetime

lol 2 to 13% I guess they hedging their bets...

But they are saying those who had sexual contact with the same sex...this doesn't make one gay though. Even though there are a percent or so more gay males there are a lot more bi-females than bi-males.

edit on 29-4-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoEskiMo
reply to post by MaryStillToe

If you ever grew up with someone who is gay, then you would know, you knew it maybe before they themselves did.

So you are saying that it's ok to judge people with stereotypes and if they happen to fit those stereotypes it's ok to label them gay before they themselves decide?

I'd have to say that's unacceptable and prejudiced.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Debunkology

If you are ugly and rich, the girl might like you for your money but it isn't going to make you PHYSICALLY attractive to her.

We know this. Of course I was joking. But we've all seen that hot chick with a guy she just wouldn't be with had he not had that money.

Obviously an evolutionary thing.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by Xtrozero

I "like" the idea of the 10% number.....but, yeah....this came from some OLD data, maybe the Kinsey investigations.

Actually I think the 10% is spin from the 70s gay propaganda movement. They were trying to promote a bigger percentage to establish their actions as a norm more than not. They were successful since the 10% has stuck rather well, but if you took a random 100 males around the country I don't think you would find a consistent 10 are homosexual.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Who said anything about fitting a stereotype? Not all gay guys are feminine with lisps. Not all lesbians are butch. Even if they are not stereotypical you can just about ALWAYS tell.

I have a gay cousin, I could always tell it, even as a child. I could tell there was something "different" about him before I even knew what gay was.

Why are you using the word decide? People do not choose to be gay.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Those stereotypes are foolish and inaccurate.

What is "homosexual"?

It's not any of those things.
It's not how you dress, how you talk (accent), what tv shows you like, your political beliefs, it's not any of those at all!

Homosexual is only describing a sexual preference, it has nothing to do with these stereotypes perpetuated through the media of what "gay" is suppose to be like or how they are suppose to act/dress/think/etc. It's all fake.

I have met straight men that sounded totally gay but were not (voice pitch/tone), and gay men who spoke with a very gruff normal voice. Proof the prejudice was inaccurate.

link   

Even if they are not feminine you can just about ALWAYS tell.

I don't agree with that.

A lot of people might appear to gay but actually are not, and visa versa.

Trust me you can't always tell, not at all. Far more people are gay than you will ever realise.

link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
nevertheless, recent anonymous studies point to a % even higher than 10%

most of these studies are most obviously written with a pro homosexual agenda. Just look around. There just isn't that many gays.

To assume that they are all closets because it doesn't fit in with these "studies" is just B.S. Nothing more.

It's assumption and not fact.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

lol, well...this may be an area we agree on, we sure have differences on "chem-trails"

Seriously, when it comes to almost any subject, sexuality, politics, environment....on and on....The TRUTH shall set us free......and for "whatever" reason I feel "compelled" to participate on ATS even though I realize my contributions are "emotional" in a very intellectual environment that prefers a more "neutral" and scientific approach to subjects discussed here, I really do "feel", lol...that my very human emotions and observations are somehow my "calling" right now....anyways......♫

lol, just came across and learned about John Lear today, now that's a wierd story......

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Who said anything about fitting a stereotype? Not all gay guys are feminine with lisps. Not all lesbians are butch. Even if they are not stereotypical you can just about ALWAYS tell.

And why are you using the word decide? People do not choose to be gay.

How can you "almost always tell" if their habits, mannerisms, actions, etc do not create a stereotype for you to identify?

What exactly tips you off, if it's not a stereotype?

I bet you're using stereotypes to tell.
edit on 29-4-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
reply to post by Lionhearte

I'm gay and I can tell you first hand that I was born such. What is the alternative that you Suggest? To claim that I made the choice to be a second class citizen, to be disowned by both parents, for something I had a choice in is rediculous.

Did you decide to be straight?

And anyway just because your religion says its a sin does not make it so. My god and faith out date yours by three to one and accepts homosexuality,

I am asking a serious question here, with no ulterior motives other than my own curiosity. What is your god and faith? I'd really like to know. You will recieve nothing but respect and thanks in return.

edit on 29-4-2012 by staver because: for spelling and punctuation.

edit on 29-4-2012 by staver because: to include quote

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
What exactly tips you off, if it's not a stereotype?

What's wrong with stereotypes anyway?

All it is, is a widely held and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
well, i'll put it in way that you should understand with this question...."how did you yourself choose to be heterosexual??....if homosexuality is a "choice" , so then is heterosexuality...you can't have it both ways

I didn't choose to be that way. I learned from my surroundings, my environment. If I was raised by a homosexual couple, I think the odds of me homosexual would increase dramatically. Doesn't mean I WILL be, but to say that it isn't a factor is outright illogical - if parents are alcoholics, the odds are, the children will be too. If the parents are environmentalists, the odds are, the children will be too. If the parents are in the Medical business, odds are.. the children will be too.

It's basic logic.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Debunkology

Just look around. There just isn't that many gays.

To assume that they are all closets because it doesn't fit in with these "studies" is just B.S. Nothing more.

It's assumption and not fact.

WOW. so your "look around" assumption is more substantiated fact than multiple scientific studies conclusions.

the claim being a "gay agenda" within science.

figures

looking around in San Antonio, LA, NYC, Miami, theres LOTS of homosexuals, and i would say about 1 in 5 fellow students at college are gay, and likewise here in the city about 1 in 5 adult men are gay, but half of those are married to women, but closeted gays. Usually the homophobic gays ones who brag about how straight-acting/macho they are, and their craiglists ads "gay for play" and such, when the wife's away.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

Wrong:

Humans are technically ambidextrous.
That means we are neither disposed to either hand particularly.

More bigotry...(check your science more closely).

It's bigoted to say that humans are capable of using both hands if they choose?

Oh it's blasphemy.

No really it's true anyone with decent motor skills and both hands should be capable of training themselves to use both hands equally well (although their preference will most likely continue).

See that's exactly why I am making these arguments because you are hiding behind ad-hominem personal attacks to escape the fact that you are technically incorrect in your assertions about the debate between genetic vs free will as it pertains to the topic of sexuality and preference.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

I would like heterosexual advocates to expain how THEY were "born that way".

Here's a clue; orientation is spiritual, not genetic.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join