It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK to install missiles atop roofs to guard London Olympics

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Remember the good 'ol days when security things were kept secure and not the subject of MSM reports all over the world? It seems to rather defeat the whole point. Whatever though... I didn't make the story on this one. As the source page shows near the top, the MSM links to more are plentiful. lol... Security eh? Yeah... uh-huh.. I'd say the whole concept of information security failed in epic ways here. I DO hope for the sake of the games that other security measures are kept somewhat more discreet.

thats why i'm thinking they were put into the public view as intended targets for someone unknown to step into the game and make a new unexpected move.

perhaps they are starting to run out of people who will confront for positive spin publicity for them?

they dont actually expect an air attack as much as i'd think this is to draw out any potential terrorists

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
I know, I read about this last night and I thought to myself ... Now that's what you call going over the top!

In a time when there's not a lot of money around to spend ... Guess what they do ... They bloody find even more ways to "waste" money...

We live in a World of so much sense that it's amazing!

While they're at it, they should also have 24 hour fighter jets flying above London along with Helicopters and maybe buy a few hundred Lambos just in case they might have to chase someone!!!

Off course if they didn't "waste" money and a plane crashes into the games, you'd say they didn't do enough and that the whole thing was a red flag situation

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

So this is really what this world has come to. Missles on roof tops to protect world sport events. I bet once they put them there they will REMAIN there...just watch.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
Those missiles have electronics and their targeting system can be neutralized or reprogrammed.

Waste of time

Starstreak Missile Countermeasures The starstreak missile countermeasure aviodance gives it advantages compared against infrared directed, radar guided, and radio control MCLOS/SACLOS missiles. The HVM cannot be blocked (confused) by plain flares (infrared countermeasures - IRCMs) or by radar / radio countermeasures. The AN/ALQ-144 or AN/ALQ-157 systems used for helicopter defense, shall not, in theory, countermeasure the Starstreak High Velocity Missile. Anti-radar missiles do not have the capability to intercept the Starstreak, the high velocity of the device decreases the time for successful employment of any probable countermeasure, such as the beam tactic or lighting the control laser origin with sight destructive combat zone laser. Finally, the direction-indicating laser has a small energy rank, which renders recognition (and, thus, countermeasure) more complicated for a laser detection receiver device.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Ok, just been made aware of this, it seems we are in for multi sites, and not just the one; which kind of contradicts what the organisers said originally, saying the Lexington building was the only suitable one:

uk.news.yahoo.com... =type%3Aread%2Cuser%3A_VmybVPm7kCIaQN0Cvb2TnDYmuo&fb_source=other_multiline&code=AQDFOeNoVEgxye6wOp_okHyCGznJ_OegGgRz4HsgH5LVI_cnXl7IM2-PXf3IgdkQRTEcl WjCQyoec_n7-RYP5eyWKuP2NyY53kHN9E4TSLUFJfC56zgFKCxBodIeQ-Ir--nLvU6hW_tknMn7FSsFW3FbAis1Xf5Ko4bMkaAD2SBkbPIKHX7BRK3UmKtlYfoaok4#_=_

Am going to try pull these sites together on a map or something.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well this is the uk and our goverment are a bunch of over the top t**ts what more can we expect ohhh let's see how about the next excuse is let's leave them there because were on high alert for more terroists mmm hell we've only had 7/7 buses blown to bits and subway hit ok you had 9/11 but we have always had home grown terroists we are after all proberbly the 2nd most hated country in the world

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

ahhhhhhhh

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mufcutcakeyumyum

www.dailymail.co.uk...
here
edit on 30-4-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Purely in the interests of "stirring it up a bit"
Just heard on the news about the Olympic and Paraolympic closing ceremonies.

Good music planned by a few well known acts.
Among them............
NEW ORDER!

(ducks down waiting to be thumped)

www.independent.ie...

Correction: it is not a concert for the closing ceremony, it is to mark the end of the games, in Hyde Park:

menmedia.co.uk... hyde-park
edit on 23-5-2012 by Mufcutcakeyumyum because: correction

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
It really makes me sad that that this is necessary.

Mmhmm, just a few years ago this thought wouldn't have even crossed anyone's mind.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666
exactly, i dont understand how they can waste money on these things, of course the security of the olympics is important but im not convinced that these missiles are necessary. cant feed the starving or house the homeless but we can spend billions on ammunition for wars and funding to find bigger better ways to kill eachother , possible "black projects" or maybe even a few thousand drones in the sky
lol.

It's not as if they have bought these systems especially!

The Rapier has been in service since the late 60's in various forms and Starstreak (the other system) is bought and paid for years ago as well..

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by Dembow

I dont think the UK has any SAMs installed for air defence, they just send up some euro fighters with some AMRAAMs once they pick up anything unidentified(No Transponder). Till now that is.

Of course we have SAM's! Hence the Rapier and Starstreak systems being deployed.

They are, however, point defence systems so in this context they really are a last line of defence for any aerial threat. In an ideal world, any threat will be intercepted before it even gets to London. Both systems only have a range of around 5-7Km.

Originally posted by superluminal11
Those missiles have electronics and their targeting system can be neutralized or reprogrammed.

Waste of time

Both systems are optically guided and as such, are actually quite difficult to block. They are also built with such things in mind, so unless you're a top rate military, these systems are a threat to any low flying aircraft.

I will add here that the 2012 Olympics are not the first ones to have SAM's deployed. Both Beijing and Athens had them too. But people like to whip up a storm when the UK is concerned, because obviously this is for a false flag to bring in the Reptilians, so they can eat our children and install chips in our brains....

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join