It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK to install missiles atop roofs to guard London Olympics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mufcutcakeyumyum
If we think that the installations wouldn't end up on private roofs, then why have people been given leaflets outlining the whole event?

Because, like I said, this is a way to get the publicity machine working. That and the fact that every possible scenario must be considered merely leads us to where we are.

In a week this story will have been forgotten, but the message will have been sent and a point made.

I bet SAMs won't be so obviously deployed, if at all.

Regards

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
What a great idea. So a potentially ciajacked aircraft will not hit its intended target but crashes into a kindergarten or a hospital ?

Very clever.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I remember being surprised on 9/11 that no SAMs were operating around the Pentagon. I'd assumed that SAM installations would exist around the world's pre-eminent military site. I guess that came from watching too many movies.

Military sites are expected to have defences but residential blocks are not. I assume the placement of SAMs on homes is to deter people from soft targets. But, being SAMs, they only deter against flying soft-targets (like passenger planes, or carrier pigeons!), not ground based ones. And we already have interceptor aircraft for that. The UK has had aircraft dedicated to that since the Lightning (1960). Such aircraft are, I presume, for intercepting air launch platforms, AKA Russian bombers in times past. I don't know how interceptor aircraft fare against missiles after they're launched, either from the air or ground. Perhaps someone could educate me on that?

But, from what I've read, even the uber-hawks haven't yet suggested that terrorists are using missiles. That is if we agree to exempt cross-border Middle Eastern missile skirmishes - but those are launched outside the jurisdiction of the target (Israel). Having a permanent base makes those Hamas rockets etc., feasible. As far as I'm aware, the mortar attack on Downing St (1991) is the only ballistic type assault to have occurred in the UK. And that's because mobile launch platforms are a logistical challenge. Especially if you need to go undetected until launch.

Placing SAMs on homes only seems to make these ground-based soft targets more attractive without offering any defence against the traditional methods employed by terrorists. Methods which the UK is familiar with from the IRA campaigns. If these SAMs make a residential block more attractive without offering any additional deterrent, they will need to supplemented with jackboots on the ground. They're not going to put SAMs atop buildings without anyone guarding them, and then come back to collect them after the Olympics. The SAMs will need to be defended, and by extension, so will the residential blocks.

Better, to my mind, to place the SAMs on buildings that are already high-value targets. Like Downing St., Buckingham Palace, Westminster etc. Maybe they already have. Aside from those apartment block bombings in Russia (blamed on the Chechens), I haven't heard of any residential blocks being targeted. Bombings seem to be directed against transport infrastructure, commercial buildings and political events (re. Brighton hotel bombings).

To me, this move just makes people's homes a nicer target without offering any additional deterrent.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666
Britain’s military has told residents of an upscale apartment development near the Olympic Park in east London it is installing a missile battery on top of a tower within their housing complex to defend the 2012 Games this summer.

The site is one of a number around the capital the army is considering as bases for surface-to-air missiles to protect the London games from an aerial attack, the Ministry of Defence said.
www.firstpost.com...

sorry for simplicity of the post, still getting used to things
cheers

edit on 29-4-2012 by wewillnotcomply666 because: (no reason given)

Wow! Paranoid much? (London Olympics, not you.) Makes you wonder if they have knowledge of a specific threat that they are not releasing? Hmmmm.
)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by happyhomemaker29

They are embroiled in so much evil, both at home and abroad, its no wonder they are paranoid. I hope they get what's coming to them without innocent people being caught up in it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_

They are embroiled in so much evil, both at home and abroad, its no wonder they are paranoid. I hope they get what's coming to them without innocent people being caught up in it.

That's alright, we seem to have our share of paranoia here as well. I sincerely hope they don't get so paranoid that it's them who end up hurting innocent people.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Dembow

second that , maybe they are coming in a hot air balloon with improvised rpgs . even still i think i could take one of them suckers down with a well aimed pea shooter lol.

in all seriousness tho do we really think they would do this if they didn't find it possibly necessary. maybe they have received threats of some kind ? makes me think

I think I found the balloon to look for....

Or maybe the Brits are still weary of these guys...

edit on 29-4-2012 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hmm, I'm thinking that the missile launchers could potentially be disguised 'projectors' for project bluebeam? If something is planned to 'appear' around/over the Olympic Stadium.

The hype is really building around this event and the Queens Jubilee this year.

I've read about the Houses of Parliament starting to subside into the Thames. Could be a potential false flag target, especially now theres talk about changing the name of the bell tower to Queen Elizabeth Tower this year re the Jubilee Celebrations. Would be cheaper than the cost of renovation.

I've listened to all Rik Clays stuff about the Olympics - google it - really interesting stuff, something bigs gonna go down. Google also Spooks Code9 (UK Drama series) - special episode about an attack at the London Olympics done not long back

Thinking also something may happen to the Queen and/or Prince Charles, theres a real big PR campaign on for William and Kate. Gotta be for a reason, I think its because theyre planned to be King and Queen but then something would have to happen to the Queen/Prince Charles.

I realise this goes a little off topic - apologies - just wanting to get the ideas out there, somewhere

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Thats just it - its not necessary ,

theres so much symbology tied up around these games - its just too much to ask that the elites wont be using them for some graand staged event to usher in thier NWO - remember that young kid who was 'suicided' right after he made those youtube vids highlighting that the olympic 2012 logo spelt out ZION ?right in the heart of Blakes new Jerusalem - its got false flag / occult ritual written all over it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Too late for that, they have destroyed the lives of millions of innocent people around the world.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Any successful attack would destroy lots of innocent people from all around the world. We need these defenses because of people like you saying we deserve what we get.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
It really makes me sad that that this is necessary.

In pace ut sapiens aptarit idonea bello. -Horace

A wise man, in times of peace, prepares for war.

You never know, so better be prepared... Is it excessive? Subjective.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for your reply, please remember to star and flag so more people can see and voice their opinions

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Those missiles have electronics and their targeting system can be neutralized or reprogrammed.

Waste of time

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
Those missiles have electronics and their targeting system can be neutralized or reprogrammed.

Waste of time

i doubt anyone that would want to , actually has the ability to disable the electronics on a sophisticated missile system such as this..

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
I know, I read about this last night and I thought to myself ... Now that's what you call going over the top!

In a time when there's not a lot of money around to spend ... Guess what they do ... They bloody find even more ways to "waste" money...

We live in a World of so much sense that it's amazing!

While they're at it, they should also have 24 hour fighter jets flying above London along with Helicopters and maybe buy a few hundred Lambos just in case they might have to chase someone!!!

May I recommend some stretch Hummer limos to carry away the protesters? After all, it's a celebration, people need to be happy. Helicopters aren't so flashy as a few stealth jets. With guns and missiles, and a bomber or few.

All those missiles in one place, it can get crowded with the explosives. One going off the wrong way may start a chain reaction, and detonate the rest. Or is this extra incentive against losing, as the losing team's country gets exploded? Or do the winners get to go home with their very own missile as a parting gift?

It's like some occultic rite, or something
. At World War 2, London got showered in bombs, from the Blitz by the Luftwaffe, the team said by Nostradamus quatrains to be led by the second Antichrist, Adolph Hitler, who spoke at the 1936 Summer Olympics. Now the third Antichrist, rumored to be some Prince of some country, or something
, may get crowned there. The Olympics sure knows how to bring the evil out in the world. Maybe that is why John Titor's reports say that they were suspended for a time.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I see a false flag event or a friendly fire accident with it shots down a passenger jet by mistake. Now that would be something if it shot down some of the very people it was meant to protect.
I wished I could wake up from this dream. I use to like watching the Twilight Zone but now I think I am in it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbyforce

reply to post by Dembow

second that , maybe they are coming in a hot air balloon with improvised rpgs . even still i think i could take one of them suckers down with a well aimed pea shooter lol.

in all seriousness tho do we really think they would do this if they didn't find it possibly necessary. maybe they have received threats of some kind ? makes me think

I think I found the balloon to look for....

Or maybe the Brits are still weary of these guys...

end quote???
mod?

oh sh*t i missed this earlier. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! that is all

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Who the hell are they expecting to attack?

I can't help but think that theres something else going on here.Scary.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I was out looking over one of my favorite reference sites when I came across something that bears directly on this thread so, here is a bit more information..

Source

Remember the good 'ol days when security things were kept secure and not the subject of MSM reports all over the world? It seems to rather defeat the whole point. Whatever though... I didn't make the story on this one. As the source page shows near the top, the MSM links to more are plentiful. lol... Security eh? Yeah... uh-huh.. I'd say the whole concept of information security failed in epic ways here. I DO hope for the sake of the games that other security measures are kept somewhat more discreet.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join