It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK to install missiles atop roofs to guard London Olympics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Britain’s military has told residents of an upscale apartment development near the Olympic Park in east London it is installing a missile battery on top of a tower within their housing complex to defend the 2012 Games this summer.

The site is one of a number around the capital the army is considering as bases for surface-to-air missiles to protect the London games from an aerial attack, the Ministry of Defence said.
www.firstpost.com...

sorry for simplicity of the post, still getting used to things
cheers

edit on 29-4-2012 by wewillnotcomply666 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2012 by wewillnotcomply666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I know, I read about this last night and I thought to myself ... Now that's what you call going over the top!

In a time when there's not a lot of money around to spend ... Guess what they do ... They bloody find even more ways to "waste" money...

We live in a World of so much sense that it's amazing!

While they're at it, they should also have 24 hour fighter jets flying above London along with Helicopters and maybe buy a few hundred Lambos just in case they might have to chase someone!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I read about this earlier. quite an interesting piece in the Guardian. Seems they are taking no chances. Not sure I would be too happy with the military and police taking over my flat complex to install missiles.

It's a private, gated community with an old watch tower which is now a lift shaft. We have an MoD leaflet saying the building is the only suitable place in the area. It says there will be 10 officers plus police present 24/7.

"I'm not sure if they are going to live in the building. We have a gym and a pool and people have seen them there so it makes you think it will be some sort of Army base - it's not ideal."

He said the property management company put up posters and gave out the leaflets on Friday.

"The general tone of it all was 'Great news, aren't we lucky', but that's not normal, it's not something people should have put on them.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
It really makes me sad that that this is necessary.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
exactly, i dont understand how they can waste money on these things, of course the security of the olympics is important but im not convinced that these missiles are necessary. cant feed the starving or house the homeless but we can spend billions on ammunition for wars and funding to find bigger better ways to kill eachother , possible "black projects" or maybe even a few thousand drones in the sky
lol.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I read about this earlier. quite an interesting piece in the Guardian. Seems they are taking no chances. Not sure I would be too happy with the military and police taking over my flat complex to install missiles.

It's a private, gated community with an old watch tower which is now a lift shaft. We have an MoD leaflet saying the building is the only suitable place in the area. It says there will be 10 officers plus police present 24/7.

"I'm not sure if they are going to live in the building. We have a gym and a pool and people have seen them there so it makes you think it will be some sort of Army base - it's not ideal."

He said the property management company put up posters and gave out the leaflets on Friday.

"The general tone of it all was 'Great news, aren't we lucky', but that's not normal, it's not something people should have put on them.

www.guardian.co.uk...

meh, what can they do ? if they do or say anything to stop them taking over their apartment complex, it could be "threatening national security" haha

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I can't help but think, they're currently having talks with petrol tankers not to go on strike. I'm just thinking now, is that a way to make everyone panic buy in turn resulting in the government making "MORE" money?

They said, the scare before the Easter Weekend brought in so much money that it kept UK out of going back into a double or triple dip recession. So like Governments have done over the Years, it wouldn't shock me that they "scare" people and then people give in.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Who's up for bumping some state of the art surface to air missiles? Wonder what we would get on ebay for a few of these babys? LoL
edit on 29-4-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Surface to air missiles? What the hell for?!
Who's going to bomb the UK? Do "terrorists" now have air forces?
I'm sure the UK has air defenses in place....eeerr...always!!
Why is this necessary? It's nonsense.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
I can't help but think, they're currently having talks with petrol tankers not to go on strike. I'm just thinking now, is that a way to make everyone panic buy in turn resulting in the government making "MORE" money?

They said, the scare before the Easter Weekend brought in so much money that it kept UK out of going back into a double or triple dip recession. So like Governments have done over the Years, it wouldn't shock me that they "scare" people and then people give in.

i have had the same thought many times mate !

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Dembow

It's necessary to make the poor poorer and make the rich richer! This is the only time in UK they can give money to all those major corporations to help them make billions while those same corporations give back a thank you Lunch Box!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dembow

Terrorists didn't need an airforce on 9/11. So I imagine these missiles are for the remote possibility of highjacking or private light aircraft. I guess they have to be prepared for all eventualities.

I think it would be naive to think there aren't people out there who would like to use terrorism at the olympics.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dembow

second that , maybe they are coming in a hot air balloon with improvised rpgs . even still i think i could take one of them suckers down with a well aimed pea shooter lol.

in all seriousness tho do we really think they would do this if they didn't find it possibly necessary. maybe they have received threats of some kind ? makes me think

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dembow

"Who's going to bomb the UK? Do "terrorists" now have air forces?"

Of course terrorists have an air force, how do you think they hit the twin towers and pentagon? Think they have a few ICBMs in a back garden in downtown Bradford as well. LoL LoL

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

It seems that the London Olympics will be a dangerous place to go.... It's official we have stupid people running the World..... my advice is get your money back and don't go.... or maybe that's what they want you to do, so they can bring in some new laws.

If all people acted like adults, no of this crap would happen.
money, money money

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by Dembow

Think they have a few ICBMs in a back garden in downtown Bradford as well. LoL LoL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
the illuminati stage is being setup. dont be suprised when u see ufos. look at the tupac hologram u will be seeing it at the olympics

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
why? what are they expecting?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontlaughthink
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

It seems that the London Olympics will be a dangerous place to go.... It's official we have stupid people running the World..... my advice is get your money back and don't go.... or maybe that's what they want you to do, so they can bring in some new laws.

If all people acted like adults, no of this crap would happen.
money, money money

i was offered a ticket by a workmate and eventually turned down going with them just because of the hype,i kept the ticket because i wasn't originally bothered i was like "nah # it ill still go , terrorists aint # !" but after a bit of a think and read up on this article among others , iv changed my mind. id hate to actually be there if something did go down so im out ! haha. dunno how bad id feel for the sucker who bought my ticket also :|

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate
the illuminati stage is being setup. dont be suprised when u see ufos. look at the tupac hologram u will be seeing it at the olympics

i have seen other posts here on ATS that the olympics are going to be used as the stage for "opening night" of the bluebeam theatre lol. ill try find them

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join