It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Spiritual Awakening Is Happening - 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
A video I found after the user soulshn directed me towards the one that's currently in my signature. (which is amazing, and if you like this you should probably check it out.) Just wanted to share it with you as I think several around here might resonate with it :

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
At 8.55 minutes my hackles went up after hearing the words new world.

I am surprised the word order wasn't added

Its good to see other people out there are noticing something big is happening.

Nice post.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Things never change, they put on another mantra, relabel, and viola.

Am I the only one here to remember the early 1970's "I found it" billboard campaign.

Remember that one, yellow smiley faces on Billboards and the slogan :"I found it"

turned out to be a "Get Saved" campaign from fundamentalist Christians.

would the world need to be saved if everybody simply walked like Jesus, you know, practiced the golden rule

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Watched this video the other day. One of the better ones I have seen for sure.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Before I watch the video OP, what do YOU think about it and what is the video about?

"spiritual awakening" is a very, very broad definition- care to delve in to that anymore and what relevance the video bears on this year that we're in?

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

Wow, sorry! Don't think I've ever missed a reply for so long in one of my own threads like this. Only came back here by chance too as I want to check the video again to see if it's worth posting elsewhere.

Will respond to your question a bit later though, and sorry again.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I didn't watch the video. I'm soooo sick of people pointing to youtube as though that stuff means something.

Evidence of this awakening is happening all around you - or then it's not. Looking to videos is... you're missing the point. You're meant to be *living* this awakening, not passively viewing it through the observations of others. FFS get out and live it!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
great video
i would like to think that I have spiritually awoken but then I realize that I don't know anything
so have i woken at all ?
love to all
Guy

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I think it means something that this is happening to so many people around the world, because with the net they're able to communicate with eachother and allow others to get a lot closer to also having those experiences, if they can learn from those that have already had it. In earlier times the connection wasn't there anywhere near as much, but now that we can communicate so much easier I think that really means something.

Many people who don't believe that's the case seem fearful of it, because they ridicule it, and I don't get that. There's not very often people who say that they don't think it's the case and explain why calmly, they just ridicule instead, and that's why I think there's a big current of fear about the whole subject. You could say the same with ideas of Aliens, people attack instead of debating a lot and it's something more people should probably try getting past.

Or maybe we just have to accept that unless anything happens, some people are always going to be like that. Personally I don't think I believe either way with this idea of a mass awakening, but I'd like to think it's the case.

As for knowing that you don't know anything, there's a quote about the wise man knowing that he doesn't know a thing, and I think there's a lot of meaning to that. The idea of "knowing" seems to ultimately fall apart when examined enough, and all we have is our experiences and those that share them. There's not really any final level of proof as we are, but maybe at really advanced levels of awakening there's a knowing that's provided by direct and constant contact with a type of intuition. Of course I can't know that, but there's some teachings around the world, including a respected Buddhist Sutra called the Lankavatara that's often credited with being the main sutra that started Zen, that do go into a lot of detail about that aspect.

Personally am just taking things day by day, but vidoes like these are good in the way that they share inspiration and allow others to know that the strange experiences they've often had are something others have had too in many cases, and connecting with people because of those experiences brings us together a lot more. So it'll be interesting to see how we progress. If it wasn't for governments and corporations tramping all over our rights and messing so much up with wars I'd say yeah, we're definitely going to manage this, but as things are, with those people causing so many problems for humanity and so blatantly now, I'm still 50/50 on what I think will happen.
edit on 9-6-2012 by robhines because: typos

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
A quote that I think fits in with this well that I found on twitter recently :

"The highest education is that which does not merely give us information but makes our life in harmony with all existence."

Source : @transhuman

Note the tag on that post too, #EtherSec. It's a part of Anonymous that considers itself the spiritual arm in a way, and although they were probably ridiculed at first, they're proving to be a real inspiration. If you're into this type of thing there's starting to be a lot of decent stuff here daily :

Twitter - #EtherSec

Remember to toggle between top tweets and all tweets on that tag if you start checking it too.

And of course, it's always wise to keep a sense of humour. This might help if you're having trouble with that.

edit on 9-6-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Watched the entire video. My only thought was people who claim to be awakened probably aren't. People who claim the entire world is awakening almost certainly aren't. People who claim to be doing the awakening, like Oprah, definitely aren't.

Go to 7:24. Jim Carrey's part was funny.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

Yeah I'm still on the fence with a lot of it too, but I just like to wait and see before judging. If this year passes with nothing happening when it comes to 'awakenings' though I'll probably be shaking my head at a lot of people along with many others here.

But I still can't shake off the feeling that if we weren't hassled so much with current world events we'd be easily capable of managing something like this over time.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

You don't need to judge anything. Experience the events for what they are - shifts in energies. There is no need to feel interference or subterfuge. When you have sufficiently examined your innermost being, you are not fooled by anything "external". Feel the changes in yourself while experiencing the changes around you. Allow those changes. Grow with them. Attract the energies you genuinely like and feel are for your utmost good and bring them closer to you while simultaneously generating the same. Increase that vibration. Expand.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Seems like good advice, and agreed with a lot of what you said, thanks.

edit : I like the bit about events being shifts in energies too, great way of describing it.
edit on 13-6-2012 by robhines because: added

top topics

join