It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A soldier's lament.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
WARNING: F-WORD IN VIDEO TITLE.

kay. now that we're past that.

wow.
the pain in his voice honestly gave me chills.
Please, vote Ron Paul for our soldiers, if nothing else.
for those who spend months and months away from their family, so that we can spend time with our own.
those who have volunteered so that we need not have a draft.
those who have sacrificed, risked, and given their lives.
those who have been forever changed.
I thank them with all of my heart.

apologies for the previous thread. changed the title.

edit on 29-4-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
So let me get this straight... soldiers volunteer, or choose that career (lifers) and they want a president that doesnt support war?

So what will all the soldiers do? Nothing? Get paid for sitting on their butts doing jack? Are you really against a president that supports war and keeps you, a volunteer or you, a lifer, in business?

I never complained when I was in active duty, why? It was my career, I chose it, I knew the risks, been there and back again, and went again to be back again, got lucky I guess, if I didnt that would be ok, since that was the risk I accepted when I signed in...so when did the us army turn into a wimp's nest? Crying about everything and wanting a peace loving president?

If we were talking about draft, now that would be different... but volunteers and lifers? listen, just pick up your weapon and stand a post and be happy you're doing what you want and not part of the unemployed. At least you have a job doing what you WANTED to... - how many ppl have jobs that they actually chose?

Or did you volunteer or choose that career cause you thought it was easier than flipping burgers... cool uniforms for the ladies and some shiny brass on your shoulders that you'd get for doing nothing?

The army is not a summer camp - either you can handle it, or you can't. If you can't, get out - you'll get discharged, dishonorably, prolly spend some time in the can, BUT you're safe. All those "suicides", honestly, you should have thought of that before thinking you were Rambo or some other bad ass when you enlisted.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Outofcontrol

I think the person in the video is more upset about the war that we are in now. as well as how the VA is handling PTSD and all of our returning heroes.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by novemberecho
reply to post by Outofcontrol

I think the person in the video is more upset about the war that we are in now. as well as how the VA is handling PTSD and all of our returning heroes.

Heroes? What heroes? We get paid mate. We get there, do our job... sometimes we get back, sometimes we don't. Its a JOB. I dont call myself a hero...

A single mother having 3 jobs to support her 2 kids since their father was scum, left them for a whore when they were 2 and never even called... that mother is a hero to me.

The doctor that operates a child's cancer, thats a hero to me...

Me? My unit (recce ye know who ye all are!
)? We're not heroes mate... we do what we get paid for, and we get paid to do some pretty nasty crap, even if we believe in it so... I'm no hero, sorry. Any real soldier should deny that title.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by novemberecho

Hey Novemberecho the veteran speaking on the video happens to be Adam Kokesh of Adam versus the man on RT.

en.wikipedia.org...

Check out some of his other videos on Youtube.

Thanks to this video it has finally dawned on me that the pharmaceutical industry is also part of the military industrial complex. Thanks for sharing the video.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPatRat

Thank you for that info mate... now I dont have any respect left for the man!

Veteran...

top topics

join