It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious death of scientist information???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Ive been a member of ATS for a while now but i have never started a thread until now! I have done research on a story a friend of mine had told me and never found any information on it so I'm asking here and hopefully i can get some answers. About 5 years ago a friend of mine had said there was a group of scientists (about 15 or so) that came across some information and then all committed suicide! Now i don't know if this is a story this guy was just telling me to pull my leg. But i was just wondering if anyone else has any information on this???

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I also don't know how to put this post into general conspiracies.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I also don't know how to put this post into general conspiracies.
edit on 28-4-2012 by krazyiven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
He might have misheard the story about dead scientists. This might be what he was referring to?

Its a very long list of scientist who have died under mysterious circumstances.
edit on 28/4/2012 by osirys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
He said something about them all working on a project in a bunker. Maybe in Florida?? Im not sure but he said they were all working on something together and then they all ended up dead....

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Sounds like a rumor gone wild to me.
Did you he say anything about where he got this information?
People spread some pretty bogus stuff.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
yes indeed they do! I was just wondering if anyone might've heard anything here on ATS....but your right it does sound like the guy was pulling my leg.......

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Maybe they were murdered and it was made to make it look like a suicide. Maybe they found something that could change the world

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I'm not saying that there isn't ANY factual basis to the story.
I'm just saying that it's unlikely that something like this would happen and noone know about it.
Maybe it was 1 scientist and exaggeration turned it into 15.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by krazyiven

I heart of a scientist that comitted suicide after the Pont-Saint-Esprit incident with '___', but yea... I don't doubt it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

The only thing remotely close to what you are talking about that I can think of was the Nazi Bell program during WWII. It was run by the SS and near the end of the war when it was evident the Nazis were going to lose, 60 scientists who worked on the project were lined up and executed by the SS. It was done prevent them from being captured and exposing the nature / detailed info about their research.

Compared to their other programs and results this one stood out. To my knowledge its the only one where the scientists were executed.

The Nazi Bell; Science Fiction or Secret Weapon?

The Nazi's were always interested in developing special weapons that they could use. The Bell was one of those projects. How important was the Bell project? It is said that Kammler had more than 60 scientists associated with the project executed to protect it's secrecy.

Aside from that there is also this -
Did 22 SDI Researchers really ALL Commit Suicide?

edit on 29-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Maybe it was about this
Alternative Three
www.thule.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
If its not any of this stuff its great information to read into and i greatly appreciate all the responses

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Well OP, I remember reading lots of information about a group of scientists (dying over a 2 year period but I think they were working at a research institute in England.

There was loads of information posted on one website about this but I no longer have the link to it. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
In soviet Russia, in testing for the first manned mission to space, there were many fatal incidents like the R-16 which exploded on the launchpad killing well over a hundred people, many of them scientists:

R-16 rocket disaster

The second stage engines fired immediately. The flames cut into the first-stage fuel tanks below and they exploded. Automatically-activated cinema cameras set around the launching pad filmed the explosion. People near the rocket were instantly incinerated; those farther away were burned to death or poisoned by the resulting toxic gases. As soon as the engines were fired, most of the personnel there ran to the perimeter but were trapped in it by the security fence and then engulfed in the fireball of burning fuel. Nedelin and 125 other rocket personnel were killed.

There's a number of similar incidents logged for accidents related to spaceflight, and missile research.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

I dont know why I am looking at this post again now so long ago. But if anything this probably sounds the closest to what I was talking about maybe...

new topics

top topics

join