It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stonehenge's eerie sounds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
A very interesting story I came across. I wonder if Stonhenge might have actually been some kind of ancient ampitheater? Possibly used to aid in vocal chants during ceremonies, or to broadcast ceremonies over a long distance?

British researchers conducted experiments at a Stonehenge stand-in as well as the actual 5,000-year-old monument to determine how sounds echoed within the ancient circle of stones — and they found that the sounds would have taken on an eerie reverberation.

Link to full story.

Video showing diagram of the locations and the changes in sounds.

Stonehenge is a prehistoric monument located in the English county of Wiltshire, about 2.0 miles (3.2 km) west of Amesbury and 8 miles (13 km) north of Salisbury. One of the most famous sites in the world, Stonehenge is composed of a circular setting of large standing stones set within earthworks. It is at the centre of the most dense complex of Neolithic and Bronze Age monuments in England, including several hundred burial mounds

I would like to hear what ATS has to say on this? Any Ideas?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Great threads on this here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and here:

and here:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
There was a special on one of the science channels a few years or so ago that came to this same conclusion. It would basically be for playing drums in, probably to induce alternate states of consciousness, possibly for religious purposes. Kinda like binaural beats, and plus the rhythmic patterns seem to lull one's body and mind quite easily into altered states.

The fact that this was created for this purpose doesn't really astound me, but what does astound me is that they figured this out such a long time ago, and were able to arrange the stones in a pattern conducive to resonating and reflecting sound waves in a very specific way. So the fact that this was accomplished is almost just as extraordinary as the feat of moving the stones themselves.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
Great threads on this here:

and here:

and here:

while i really appreciate how people like to comment and tell people the threads that already exist, i would like to make a new point:

those threads are old, and buried deep in the pile of old threads, nobody is going to go there....

this is a NEW thread, and its fresh, and higher to the surface of new topics!

i think that's why people like to make new ones.

and i think its totally ok!

peace.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

I did a search too. I didn't come up with anything either?
Search my title of this thread and see what comes up.
Thats what I did.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
New Grange in the U.K.,Peru, Malta and Stonehenge
can all be included in stone structures that are found to emit frequencies that affect humans.
Studies are in progress.
It has been suggested that it somehow alters brain function.

www.earthfiles.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
To me it looks like waste of time to deeply study something that was rebuilt

Stonehenge rebuilt

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing - I didn't know about this - hence would not have gone looking for it.

Very interesting! There are so many theories surrounding these structures - perhaps we'll never know the true reason but it's great trying to find out.

S&F

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I did a search too. I didn't come up with anything either?
Search my title of this thread and see what comes up.
Thats what I did.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I saw a movie recently called"Appocalypse at Stonehenge" It was an ok movie (far fetched IMO), it's about Stonehenge being the center of a major cataclysm linked through underground energy channels to all of the pyramids/temples worldwide causing one hell of a disturbance once it activates.

I'm not saying that this is what it is for but imagine

I think that we will eventually find out what the real reason/use for Stonehenge is. But untill then I find it fascinating to just wonder.....what if?

Just my two cents

Teye22

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Interesting theory I have came across the same one as well but if you ask me we wont know what the mysteries of stone henge unless ad find documents are maybe time travel

top topics

join