It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires and UFOs: The Connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I have a thread buried on ATS that discusses the implications of being afraid of “the monster under the bed” and how it relates my own experiences of being an abductee at an early age. (UFO Boogie Man Under the Bed)

Some folks here will put that down as an improbably stretch, but I content it is not near as unlikely as psychologists—those not believing in the legitimacy of UFOs—wanting to shunt all abductee accounts into a file label “Misidentified Childhood Traumatic Sex Experiences,” thereby providing themselves with a neat and satisfactory explanation for something they have no interest or knowledge about.

My point here is to enlarge upon my earlier thread. Having experienced the world for many, many decades, I have cause to wonder about a certain trend or fad about vampires, and if there is a definite reason for that interest.

I don’t think that there is any need to elaborate on the popularity of the term today, except to suggested that the concept probably has swiftly risen to mildly rival that of UFOs. –Might there be a obscure connection, a relationship between the monster that hides under the bed, vampires and UFOs? In the instance of a childhood fear of monsters, as my early thread explained, there may be a basis for a direct connection, but how so between vampires and UFOs? Perhaps there is an intangible, indirect connection, far more subtle but yet indicative of what lurks within slightly troubled minds that don’t quite know that they are slightly troubled.

UFOs and aliens are a common aspect of our lives today. I doubt that a week goes by without the average, modern person hearing or seeing, one of those words or the other. Still, little substance comes with those words. It comes down to, yes, a UFO was seen over Chicago yesterday, but the newscasters can never exactly explain what it was all about. What the public takes away from the news they watch or read is a low-keyed, generalized anxiety about the nature of the phenomena. If you haven’t noticed, UFO reports are so numerous these days that hardly every do the newscasters have a denial report from some authority or another to squash this anxiety. That lack of a decent explanation serves to heighten the hidden anxiety. As a result, the anxiety is well-founded, growing but remains subtle and hidden. It may cause some new folks to be attracted to ATS and other alternative places on the internet or they just may get a bit more generally stressed.

Or they may find relief in getting hung up on the spate of vampire sitcoms, books and movies. Take a fresh look at your modern-day vampire. How does it differ from the days of old? They don’t all dress in tuxes, evening clothes and lingerie anymore; they have been humanized. While the crimes are not a blood-drop less despicable, we UNDERSTAND them today. We don’t hate and fear them at all these days. As in our everyday lives, we have some we like, some we love even if some we want to drive a stake through. However, does this explain their popularity when for so long they have remained in the dark corners of cellars in gothic castles? I submit that there is an unrecognized, other reason. But we must not solely blame the mass public for this shift. This infatuation started with a humanizing of vampires by slow degrees. And the public proved to be eager for this salve and wise marketers in entertainment created the virtual vampire industry that exists today. (Surely, an ET vampire will eventually swoop down on your TV screen to suck human blood?)

But was it that simple, pure social dynamics…or maybe social engineering? Perhaps even a new breed of horror entertainment picking up where the chainsaw left off. Imagine, if you will, scary entities that you may allow to visit your bed or neck with your compliance? Hum. How strange. Has there ever been creatures of the nether world that we welcomed in such a manner, the Devil, demons, goblins, etc.? No, never. But with vampires we have beings that are like us, maybe sharper (pun intended) than us, but we don’t load the gun with silver bullets quite yet. We want to get to understand them, maybe help them. We—our alter egos on the screen --interact with them in an almost self-defeating, possibly self-sacrificing spiral of dance, teasing, testing, provoking in the best of gothic traditions. You’re aware of “extreme sports? Dating a vampire is extreme socializing, virtually asking to be a victim. But on the TV, in books and on the big screen, the human usual transcends the mystical power of the vampire and remains, if nothing else, a pure human.

Basically, with the accepting of the vampires as being not quite human and yet interacting with them, we are bleeding off (sorry!) some of that unexpressed and unrecognized anxiety we silently hold about what the whole UFO thing must be about if we could be allow ourselves to examine it in a cool and logical way. And of course, we cannot do that because the government will not reveal what we think it knows about UFOs and so we stuff our thoughts and tend to find associative outlets that are indicative if not helpful in our quiet suffering.

I will not claim that there is a many-tentacles conspiracy that has present us with the modern vampire on purpose, but I would not be surprised if social engineer was not at play in some portion of this theater. But I can tell you one thing from my limited view, the psychologist Carl Jung would be jumping all over this possibility with enthusiasm and his parameters would far exceed the simple connections I make here. In short, the over-indulgence in vampire themes these days is a natural response to a hidden fear that is some basis in everyday reality. Unconsciously, vampires are a permitted substitute standing in for the real fears that we cannot face about the unknowns of the UFOs.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I had a kind of vision-dream-nightmare in which I saw a Grey sucking something out of an abductee's abdomen...
I heartly agree with you. S&F. The Truth must be discovered!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I have to admit, after seeing your thread title I expected much, much less from your OP. Quite a unique but interesting insight, and very Jungian. Nicely done.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
There is a rediculous number of people who claim to have been abducted. Insane numbers. I KNOW E.T. to be a reality. I also KNOW that the number of real abductions to be tiny. This is by treaty.

The problem is that with all these other people claiming to have been abducted...the real abductees get drowned out in the rabble. This makes it very hard to determine who is telling the truth and who wants attention.

As far as the analogy to Vampires...vampires are not real...E.T. and various races of...are.
Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Hiya Aliensun. I've found some of your recent ideas pretty good and thought-provoking.

I'm not sure about this idea. I think the way that vampires have been made cool has come about through a crossover between slacker culture, music and books. Take Lost Boys (1987), for example? Cool criminals, teenage angst and the only way for Stephen King to elevate them from just another bunch of teenagers was to make them vampires. In that way, there were arguably parallels with the Manson Family and social anxiety.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer sort of extended the cool factor but mostly continued with the traditional 'vamps are evil' factor. The character, Angel, is like any other anti-hero in the movies. He's a bad guy trying to be good. The Twilight movies/books contain the same sympathetic characters as Blade, Buffy, Lost Boys - bad guys trying to be good.

I agree vampires have been humanised, but suspect it's through their creators trying to put a fresh spin on a concept that's centuries old. I mean, how many more times can anyone spend a dollar on some evil vampire in a cloak story?!

You wondered about vampire aliens? Before vampires were given the counter-culture treatment we had the alien-vampires in a movie that was pretty damn good. I was a teenager and pretty much remember Mathilda May's excellent ass getting plenty of screen-time. Lifeforce (1985) was the movie.

A space shuttle mission investigating Halley's Comet brings back a malevolent race of space vampires who transform most of London's population into zombies. The only survivor of the expedition and British authorities attempt to capture a mysterious but beautiful alien woman who appears responsible.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The Wraith

Stargate Atlantis

Reality TV

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
vampires are not real...E.T. and various races of...are

Actually vampires are real in a sense that vampires cannot naturally die.

This is the same as nephil spirits, ghosts, jinn that are never removed from this world once their flesh naturally perishes due to old age.

Enoch the Scribe was told by YHWH that His fallen angels, the sirens (fallen angel wives) and their children, the nephilim will be damned to traverse this world until Judgement Day.

The word nephilim originates from words like giants, eternally dead and the damned.

The Rephaim are quite often seen as wraiths in the spiritually dark side of this world.

Wraiths are motionless in YHWH's light.

Vampires vapourise when they see natural daylight.

I agree with the OP. Vampires are now to be embraced as friends and not villans.

How else can the (eternally dead) nephilim be accepted into this new world?

edit on 29-4-2012 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
My young son who always seems to be able to cut through to the meat of anything said "These new vampires, the Twilight sparkly vampires- they are just fairies in disguise."

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Although I do believe in Ghosts as there is scientific data to verify this.

As far as all the other things. I suppose anything is possible. But one has to look at probability. The probability of the existance of some of the things you mention is very low.

Split Infinity

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

What does Satan have to do with UFO'S? We have a major problem with both issues in NC!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Rapha

Although I do believe in Ghosts as there is scientific data to verify this.

As far as all the other things. I suppose anything is possible. But one has to look at probability. The probability of the existance of some of the things you mention is very low.

Split Infinity

Well I suppose believing in ghosts is a step in the right direction.

Ghosts are just another name for nephil spirit, jinn, ancestral guardian, rapha's, and demons.

If eternal flame cannot destroy a spirit; how can a flood and drowning kill a nephil spirit during the days of the Great Flood ?

Believe what you will. Soon, before the end of this year, every past rumour concerning the nephilim will be proven true. A lot of people are not going to like it and stay in denial.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

S + F just for presenting a intresting read.

The vampire/alien thing has been done before, haven't you guys seen that movie Life Force?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

vamires are sons and daughters of fallen angles who went into woman and begat humanoids that can morph but have a finite lifespan inherited from the human side( although the humanoids can live for hundreds of years compared to their eternally-living parents). Ufos do cattle mutillations and all the victims are completely drained of blood. Not long ago some loggers in Oregon saw a 25 foot wide triangular object in the valley below descend over a herd of elk. The object singled out one as the herd scattered in panic, and levitated it up and finally attached it to the body of the craft as it ascended above the steep hills of the forest-expanding to 50 feet in diameter as it drained all the blood out of the cow and deposited the dried husk" on top of a hugh pine tree over at the neighboring forested hill. The indigenous native Americans called this the "Windigo". The object had two bright lights on top of it-one white and the other red.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Buffy the Vampire Slayer sort of extended the cool factor but mostly continued with the traditional 'vamps are evil' factor. The character, Angel, is like any other anti-hero in the movies. He's a bad guy trying to be good. The Twilight movies/books contain the same sympathetic characters as Blade, Buffy, Lost Boys - bad guys trying to be good.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I was going to respond in a similar manner you have in regards to vampires and why they are "cool" or humanized today compared to previously.

I will have to correct you though, Angel wasn't bad. Angelus was bad. Angel is Angelus but with a soul. Angel wants to do good and has to live with a soul as punishment from the gypsies. He isn't allowed to have a moment of true happiness or he loses his soul and bad Angelus comes back. This happens in Season 2 of BTVS. Angel was cursed by the gypsies for killing one of their clan. His curse was to have a soul and conscience so he could live his undead life out remembering all the bad things he did as Angelus. Angelus was a ruthless vampire and along with Spike, Drusilla and Darla cause much havoc all over Europe before coming to the states.....Sorry HUGE Buffy fan here
Later on in Buffy's final season Spike has a soul but he went looking for one so Buffy would love him, since she loved Angel.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The connection is the every strengthening indoctrination of the western societies to view all things occultic, such as vampirism, as 'normal' and 'misunderstood'. Films like the Twilight series, as well as the many other books/movies like it are conditioning the world to accept these practices as normal. Hook the youngsters and indoctrinate them. There is no difference with "aliens" - they are being promoted everywhere as our 'creator' at the moment, and laughably as our 'saviour'. Tragically, once you start accepting lies as truth, ones ability to discern real truth ebbs away. The evil spirits behind this know exactly how to ingratiate themselves into humanity - they did it before, and as in the "days of Noah" so it may be again.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I have vampiric like canine teeth, curved differently from the rest and I giggle when people look at me strangly. Maybe I have something vampiric in me myself.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I stand corrected.

I used to love that show. Great writing, great acting and stayed good for so long.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Which Great Flood do you refer to?

There was a massive flood of Biblical proportions when the land between the Mediterranean and Black Seas gave way causing massive flooding around the time that the Bible descibes the story of Noah occured about 9400 years ago.

There have been many Gigantic Floods over the course of Humanities Evolution which extends into Millions of Years. As far as any form of Supernatural Spiritual Entities...there are some perhaps based in fact but most based on Supersticion and Folklore.

I believe in Ghosts because I live in a home that i performed a great deal of renovations and I cannot discount what I have seen with my own eyes and I am a Trained Observer of events that is not partial to exageration but dedicated to facts.

I saw what I saw...and this I cannot discount. Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

join