It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy sink ship; Alaska fishing shut down??

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

ok, you cannot blame the ENTIRE energy industry, just because a power company in japan thought it would be a good idea to build a nuke power plant on the coastal side of the island facing a giant fault line.

Thorium cannot be weaponized, and its half-life is shorter than uranium and plutonium.

think of the impact on the food market if we started using spinach and any other type of food as fuel.

and we would also probably import the spinach anyway. which means that eventually supply and demand, not including the seasonal cycle of this "fuel" would drive spinach up to $100-115 a bushel

edit on 30-4-2012 by LoonyConservative because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BooKrackers
reply to post by tidycat

Chances are it wasn't worth the salvage effort due to rust.

Iron Oxide (rust) is what steel is made from. Rusty Iron not recyclable, huh? I can assure you it does not affect the price paid per lb. at the salvage yard.

Tidycat has obviously salvaged metal before from the ocean... but I guess you showed him.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BooKrackers
reply to post by thorfourwinds

OK, first your graphic is from Intel Hub?...you might as well be pulling it from Godlike productions in that case so I will have to dismiss that.

That is of course what you are best at. Dismissing senior fire men with long term good standings on ATS. Rather glibly, I might add. When thorfourwinds speaks you should pay heed.

yet again.....they tested the boat....it was NOT radioactive....and again we don't predominantly get weather or wind patterns from Japan.

You keep saying that and yet you present no evidence of any sort. The link you provide below (go nuts) is from CNN, and does't mention radioactivity.
Here, go nutts

And lastly.....there has been NO notable increase in radiation in Alaska and the surrounding areas,

There you go again. If you say it enough in CAPS, they will believe you? I bet you could deny that radiation was ever released (given enough capital letters).

A long time friend of mine is a deckhand on a tug out of SE Alaska. He follows such things closely due to his trade....The boat was not radioactive......it was a rust heap......but not radioactive.

And how did "your friend" determine that? Being a nuclear physicist with expensive monitoring equipment helps when you work on a tug, I guess.

This would explain WHY it wasn't irradiated....

"WHY" I don't believe you. And dismiss you.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
BooKrackers DO NOT READ BELOW!!

----------------------------------------------------------------
ya better not tell BooKrackers
that
if
its

rust its just because,,

it's,,,,wait for it,,,,

on *FIRE!

*see
oxidization.
and the process'sssss of COMBUSTION.

COMBUSTION.????? AHHHHHH,,,,,,,,nevermind,,

Sorry had too.

Me,

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Radiation is everywhere. yes the boat has a small amount. The navy shoots navigation hazards all the time. Ships are even made into artificial reefs.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoonyConservative
reply to post by Doalrite

ok, you cannot blame the ENTIRE energy industry, just because a power company in japan thought it would be a good idea to build a nuke power plant on the coastal side of the island facing a giant fault line.

Thorium cannot be weaponized, and its half-life is shorter than uranium and plutonium.

think of the impact on the food market if we started using spinach and any other type of food as fuel.

and we would also probably import the spinach anyway. which means that eventually supply and demand, not including the seasonal cycle of this "fuel" would drive spinach up to $100-115 a bushel

edit on 30-4-2012 by LoonyConservative because: (no reason given)

Hi Loo,
Have you researched who actually built those plants and what they are coppied after?/
A little offtopic but interesting.
Do you know that an Earth Quake shook a plant right near Wash DC?
cheersljb
PS unless you think it was a nuke.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Just a little bit of info about seaborne rads that might be heading your way. If any has been following Michael Collins and his live monitoring station in the LA Basin, you might be better informed now and in the future about real readings from the FUKU meltdowns. These are just two articles of a bunch on his website. The man has been recording since day one.

www.enviroreporter.com...

www.enviroreporter.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Ya know what, your all right.....everything is irradiated, we all gonna die....write a letter to momma...

Boogey boogey boogey boogey..........

Right or wrong.....does it really matter? Your there, not here....you have no say or bearing in nothing that would effect anything you propose to care about.......I forgot that some of you are so important that you can whimsically change a nations policy or counter their decisions of true malice from your perception.

In the end.......you aint in charge of sh*t, and neither am I......and discussing the futile mides of ones own personal beliefs like they will somehow change the status quo IMO is just about as retarded as arguing about something you have no common frame of reference for.

Want to believe in your thread posts so much? Fork out the $1000 bucks to fly to Alaska and see for yourself...there's your proof you so long for. Get yer happy a**es up here and investigate........do the leg work, bring your testing equipment......form a commitment if it boggles you so.

I warm you however......this country side isn't for the timid....and bear spray doesn't drive away the grizzly, it just makes em mad.

In the end, I don't really care, and neither should you...this planet has survived much more than anything people can do to it.....if you want to save something in your life....start small.

Because nothing you or I do is really relevant in matters we had no say in to begin with.

Seriously.....if it's all you believe it to be.......come see for yourself......or are you not that committed to your beliefs?

Note: just a FYI, the local news report said the boat was not irradiated, but that was sometime ago before they sunk it. I guess people just have to point things out for you don't they? Lord forbid you do something stupid like google a major city in Alaska and scroll through the news reports unique to that area......

but no, we use intel hub, and sit and wait for others to do work for us because lord forbid we don't want to be seen as being lazy now do we?

I didn't start this thread, i just gave you a belief as it pertains to my understanding of the situation. You took it upon yourself to be a jerk about it. The burden of proof is not unto me, that would be the job of the OP.

May radiation not blow your way.....and if it does.........hope the hot poops you get from it are a mild case....

Good day fellow clowns.....

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdudeThe navy shoots navigation hazards all the time.

Here's a thought: did the Coast Guard use depleted uranium rounds to sink the fishing vessel?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

haahaha! If they had shot more than 200 kg of it in there the result of combination of radiations would have been an atomic explosion!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain
Canneries are closing or closed. She has no job, due to THIS story she relayed to us. Call your friends and if they aren't dock workers or cannery workers, ask someone who is; like my wife's friend.

So, uhhh, any word from your friend? You made some big claims. At least come back and update us. Is your friend okay?

I notice you havent come back to this thread to give any updates, since the canaries are obviously not closed or closing.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think it's REALLY interesting that the author of this thread has been on ATS a lot of the past few weeks, but has NEVER come back to address this fear-mongering thread he started.

Why is that?

Any updates from your friend? Any word on the disconnect between your claims and the reality that alaska fishing is not closed down?

Are you hiding from this thread?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

You made some big claims in your OP, sir. I am wondering if you have heard back from your 'friend' who claimed the entire Alaska fisheries were closed for the season.

Why havent you updated this thread? You've been on ATS quite a bit in the past week or two, and yet have abandoned this thread that makes some big, bold, baseless claims.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Here
not trying too take over his/her?,, thread,,
but,,

taken from the following,, at

www.news4jax.com...

Headline,,states " Tsunami debris making landfall
West coast prepares for 1.5 million tons of debris
Author: By Phil Gast CNN
Published On: Apr 25 2012 09:49:59 PM EDT Updated On: Apr 26 2012 04:30:37 AM EDT

Now here are some positive points,,,,

No one knows how much of the remaining 1.5 million tons of debris is still floating in the Pacific Ocean.
U.S. and state officials say that some items washing ashore may be from the disaster
Our models show the outer edge of the debris is at the West Coast and Alaska now," Nancy Wallace, program director and division chief of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Marine Debris Program, said Wednesday
Officials can't rule out they came from the tsunami,
a beach cleanup this weekend along the Washington coast said she found items that appeared to include Japanese writing, according to CNN Seattle affiliate KING. That doesn't prove they were part of the tsunami debris, officials caution.
NOAA said there is no current "debris field."
The top concern is whether radioactive material from the Fukushima nuclear power plant will make landfall.
NOAA has said that scenario is highly unlikely.
"We do not expect to see anything to wash up from Japan with elevated levels of radiation," said Church. "At the same time, we fully appreciate the concern of people. If you spend a lot of time on the coast, if you see the news coverage, you want to see you are safe."

Now YOU decide,,

thats the latest for
not just
ALASKA.

Me.

edit on 10-5-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Again, his main claims was that the entire fishing industry in alaska was shut down. It hasnt been.

I want him to address that discrepancy. He has avoided this thread like the plague.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Looks like the OP has no interest in defending his obvious lies in this thread.

He's been ignoring this thread for weeks now.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join