It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy sink ship; Alaska fishing shut down??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
They shut down fishing in Mobile Bay dumb a**. Not the Gulf of Mexico. Come on people do some real research. The fish that are deformed are from the chemicals used to close the leak. I believe it was the EPA that told BP to stop using the chemical as its known to cause genetic malformations. I can't remember the name of the chemical but its easily researched. It is believed to be the cause of the recent white shrimp caught with no eye sockets. I personally believe the pollution in the Gulf is more widespread than the media has been telling us but not that there is a cover up. It is a shame that BP is being protected like it is. They deserve to go bankrupt and be shut down for this. Not before they pay out though.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by denya11
First, the gulf oil spill.

Second, Nuclear waste spill off Alaska.

Third, seafood restaurants go bankrupt due to mutant seafood.

Looks as if the USA wants to destroy marine life instead of saving what's left of it.....

What are you even trying to say?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I just went and posted this to my FB where I keep in contact with my friends,

I should have some first hand accounts on the ground in a little while.
I also posted a link to this thread so they can come read and comment for themsleves if they want to, but I doubt they will.
edit on 29-4-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I got one comment right away from my cousin Pete, who does herring and roe:

total bullsh*t Dan, the only shred of truth is that the USCG cutter Anacapa sank a derelict fishing boat a couple weeks ago.

That was one set of boots on the ground....There will be more.

As the saying goes, Deny Ignorance.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

Do you have a source or article to back up this claim? You would think that there would be an article in the Northwest area if this is infact true...
edit on 29-4-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Do you have a media link?

A quote of "my girlfriend received a text" is hardly a reliable source, although probably good enough for FOX NEWS.

There was a fishing boat sunk, almost a month ago, but it was hardly radioactive. It had been washed out to sea by the Tsunami. This was highly featured on news in British Columbia as at one time they thought it might was ashore on our coast.

Of couse, the Canadian Navy is ill equipped to take out on unarmed civilian fishing boat, we had to have the US Navy do it for us

edit on 29-4-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
And another friend says "False lol"

She works next to one of the canneries, her BF is a commercial fisherman.

I can keep going....

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I live in Alaska, right in the heart of the best fishing in the state, and I regret (or not) to say that your friend is wrong. I have been doing the foot work and phone work locally to determine the immediate threat to my children. THERE IS NO RADIATION WASHING UP ON SHORE, at least here on the Kenai peninsula. There are people out on a daily basis with geiger counters scouring our beaches for the slightest trace. These are non profit organizations and private citizens doing the testing, not the government! These people are as concerned about the health and safety of our children as I am. Please do not spread misinformation, especially as the truth of this matter is of the utmost importance to us on the beaches!! Yes the COAST GUARD sank a ghost ship dislodged from the tsunami in Japan. Nobody claimed responsibility for it and it was causing a maritime hazard. There was never any indication that the ship was radioactive. I have been following this chain of events since March of last year very closely as I have 2 very small children to worry about. Just yesterday my husband and a few of our friends went halibut fishing. The fishing was excellent, they were biting steady. The fish were large, clean and healthy!!! Not a single odd mark or lesion or deformity, they even had less sea lice than normal for this time of year.

Again please get FACTS before spouting off, there are alot of people here watching very closely, if anyone wants to contact me for more info, please feel free. I am double and triple checking everything I find, but I am not perfect , so if I am wrong on ANY point please feel free to let me know that as well.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

What makes anyone believe that this ship was radioactive in the first place? It was set adrift during the tsunami before the damage to the nuclear power plant was more than just a flood. Remember it took days for the damage to happen at the nuclear plant after the initial shockwaves from the EQ and the flooding from the tsunami. This ship was already on its way out to sea before there was any major leaking going on.
I think the only environmental hazard with the fishing boat was fuel in its tank. They were not sure how much fuel it carried.
edit on 29-4-2012 by karen61057 because: cuz I daydreamed through spelling while in school.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
some thing VERY odd about this!!!
the tsunami hits and the ship gets push't out to sea.
Then the fall out starts.
so how can a ship have so much radiation?

and if a ship has THIS much.
then the ground and sea would have been hit with the same amounts!!!
we are so dead. and slowly...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Mods, could we get this moved to "HOAX" please?

link   
reply to post by karen61057

That's just it, it wasn't, or at least not anything dangerous.

The OP has to understand that MANY of us are watching the gulf of alaska very carefully, our lives depend on it in one form or another. This was a false rumor that I want to see squashed as quickly as it can be.

My brother John who lives on the island and works lumber industry. False, also made some comment about dropping some waste in the toilet in regards to this thread....lol

link   
reply to post by Xterrain

This link is to the same story in Alaska and from the coast guard, I did not see any reference to radioactivity. Do you know how busy Alaska waters are? Think of an LA freeway at rush hour, then imagine that many boats in the waters around the state during fishing. Do you think LA county would just leave a wandering roadblock on the freeway?

link   
What's with all the "a friend told me something" threads we've been seeing lately on ATS...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by survival

Originally posted by Doalrite

I often wonder when they speak of the "Golden Age" if they are refering to a time when people don't use electricity and don't have the need for power, Plumbing systems and water would still be availible on a smaller scale and people would have to spread out more.. the modern city would go extinct. Life would be better

The Golden age is on the precursor at the moment. We are sifting through sand moving to a pavement sheen with a distance that we have not seen in an age. Some will have no need for electricity, some will not have need for food, some will power their lives with the sun, & some will power electronics with crystals.

Power electronics with crystals? no need for food?

What are you on about? Insead of talking in cryptic riddles

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Maybe the site bogged down because it is the beginning of personal fishing season here!! And now on top of that you have a bunch of ATS members slowing it even more. I say this from experience that their servers are not the best!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well, good thing I don't like seafood along with other people that hate seafood.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain

This is another HOLY [SNIP] moment; as there's over a five million tons of debit from Japan floating in the Pacific and the news three days ago was saying that it's looking like it might begin to make landfall on the West Coast (WA, OR, CA) late this year.

Stock up on your iodine folks, and stay away from seafood. If we hear more, I'll post.

....updating as text conversation occurs....

"The Navy got radiation readings over 3 miles from the ghost ship."

...will update if she texts more.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Xterrain because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed censor circumvention

In other news, Maine Lobsters shot up in price.

I already don't eat seafood from the Gulf of Mexico thanks to the mutations and contamination from BP's attempts to clean up the oil with illegal dispersants. I'll have to limit myself to Maine Lobster and Crab and Maryland Crab and Shrimp.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
- how did one particular ship get contaminated with so much radiation?

The simple answer is - it didnt.
The tsunami, and subsequent washing of stuff out to sea, happened BEFORE any trouble at all happened at the Fukushima plant, and long before any radiation leaked from the plant, and mostly also occurred further north up the coast hundreds of miles from the power plant anyway.

Radiation leaked from the plant after the earthquake before the tsunami, due to broken pipes on at least one reactor. Much of the debris is contaminated. Which could explain why US coastguard tried to put the fire on the earlier sinking ship.

The fallout from Fukushima is already all over the globe. Alaska is the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

www.king5.com...

Officials decided to sink the ship rather than risk the chance of it running aground or endangering other vessels in the busy shipping lanes between North America and Asia. The ship had no lights or communications system, and its tank was able to carry more than 2,000 gallons of diesel fuel. Officials, however, didn't know how much fuel, if any, was aboard. "It's less risky than it would be running into shore or running into (maritime) traffic," Coast Guard spokesman Paul Webb said. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the Environmental Protection Agency studied the problem and decided it is safer to sink the ship and let the fuel evaporate in the open water. A light sheen and minimal debris were visible as the vessel sunk, but the sheen is expected to quickly dissipate, the Coast Guard said in a news release. The ship was at Hokkaido, Japan, and destined for scrapping when a magnitude-9.0 earthquake that struck the country in March 2011 triggered a tsunami. The waves dislodged the vessel and set it adrift. In total, about 5 million tons of debris was swept out to sea. The boat did not have any cargo aboard, Webb said. He said he didn't know who owned the Ryou-Un Maru, which had been traveling about 1 mph in recent days. As the Coast Guard was readying to fire on the vessel, a Canadian fishing vessel, the 62-foot Bernice C, claimed salvage rights over the ghost ship in international waters. Plans to sink it were halted so the Canadian crew could have a chance to take the stricken ship. A Canadian official with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press that the Bernice C was unable to tow it. That delay, in part, prompted the cargo plane to return to Kodiak, Alaska, before the ship sank because the plane burned up fuel while circling the area monitoring the situation. The Canadian boat left, and once it was about 6 miles from the Japanese vessel, the Coast Guard began to fire, first with 25 mm shells, then a few hours later with ammunition twice that size.
From your link so i think we can agree its not radioactive and never was otehrwise the candian crew would not have treid to board and claim her as salvage rights (they needed a bigger boat) and after they failed to tow it back then the coast gaurd hit it with 25mm and various other ordinace good to know they just sunk it with 2000 gallons of diesel fuel

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join