It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy sink ship; Alaska fishing shut down??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Don't worry, NWO has everything under control.. Just stop smoking grass and.. drink your fluoride.. everything will be fine in a week or two...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
Nuclear power should be stopped in its tracks.

This is a sorely ignorant statement.

think about this, 70% of France is powered by Nuclear power. yes they are trying to phase it out, but exactly how many accidents have you heard about?

Now, Go and look up Thorium.

Safe nuclear does exist, and China is leading the way with thorium Just one example, but people are catching on.

I think we should follow China's lead. Instead of looking at Spinach as an alternative

edit on 29-4-2012 by LoonyConservative because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I have a question. From the videos the fishing boat looks to be in descent shape. Why torpedo a perfectly good ship? The owner or some salvage company didn't want it back?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Gundun

Afir the Salvage, Extrication or Recovery was more expensive than the Value of the Ship!

And i doubt that the Message in this Thread is right,
i checked the Fishery Page from Alaska and there is nothing mentioned

www.adfg.alaska.gov...

There is a Conspiracy but not here

Kind Regards
edit on 29-4-2012 by Human0815 because: right not wrong, the Message of this Thread is wrong, not right!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I believe that life as we know it will change because of this, Nuclear power should be stopped in its tracks.

Geez, why are you so anti-science?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoonyConservative

Nuclear power should be stopped in its tracks.

This is a sorely ignorant statement.

think about this, 70% of France is powered by Nuclear power. yes they are trying to phase it out, but exactly how many accidents have you heard about?

Now, Go and look up Thorium.

Safe nuclear does exist, and China is leading the way with thorium Just one example, but people are catching on.

I think we should follow China's lead. Instead of looking at Spinach as an alternative

edit on 29-4-2012 by LoonyConservative because: (no reason given)

First off it is not an "Ignorant" statement nuclear power is bad without the discipline to use it and we don't have that,

Second it would only take a large EMP blast or a bunch of smaller well planned blast to take out an entire nation.

Third Nuclear weapons, DU and all the other fallout is what we will destroy the earth as we know it with, as for a race that doesn't even have records of 1 percent of its own history we should not have nuclear power.

You sit in your home thinking you are safe while people are dying from this power... looking towards spinach as power is a ignorant statement

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
that boat got took out about what guessing 2 weeks ago. I myself dont think the boat is the cause of it. think about it. how did the boat get there? it drifted right. well if the boat drifted that far dont that mean the water from that area drifted there as well? did not the state of CA about 3-6 months ago state how there milk was going bad because of the radio active rain water? we all know the water was active with radiation at that point. did you expect ocean water to not move?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I'm not referring to the radioactive part although I'm sure the ship is at least a little radioactive since it has been floating in the same currents for a year as the seawater they are dumping daily. I just find it hard to imagine that in the modern world of recycle and reuse that much usable steel wasn't worth towing in. Two thousand gallons of diesel seems a poor excuse given the amount of diesel probably dumped on the Alaskan coast in a day. Just seems a bit odd to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gundun

There is no daily ongoing Dumping of Radioactive Water in Fukushima,
this happened only in the first Weeks but not after the Cooling Cycle was restarted,
after that there was a few Accidents where contaminated Water flow in to the Sea
but this was an Accident,

there is no ongoing release
of contaminated Water in the Ocean!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

I beg to differ. This article clearly states they are as of last month still losing water from the core. Where is this water going if not out to sea?

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The linked article about the ship clearly states this boat came from the island of HOKKAIDO Japan, not HONSHU where the radiation leak took place.

The ship was at Hokkaido, Japan, and destined for scrapping when a magnitude-9.0 earthquake that struck the country in March 2011 triggered a tsunami.

Article also states that a Canadian fishing boat claimed salvage rights t it but were unable to tow it

Canadian fishing vessel, the 62-foot Bernice C, claimed salvage rights over the ghost ship in international waters.

Plans to sink it were halted so the Canadian crew could have a chance to take the stricken ship. A Canadian official with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press that the Bernice C was unable to tow it.

Seems much ado about nothing.

Link: www.king5.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
You could figure that the debris making its way to the west coast of the US was in the water and well on its way west before the nuke plants really exhausted their materials, but naw, too complicated. Throw that in with one fishing trawler being sunk off the coast of Alaska and the whole west coast is doomed. DOOMED I tell you!

Or maybe not it you know some of the real facts.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
For those unfamiliar with the Gulf of Alaska, the waters in most of the area are in the vicinity of 8-9,000 feet deep. I'm sure that the Navy would wait to catch the boat in a particular area to sink it in the deepest part as it floated free, or they would have towed it to the area of deepest waters and/or least current and disposed of it.
edit on 29-4-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The ONLY warnings, that i could find,,

Emergency Orders and News Releases
Sport and Personal Use Fishing
Statewide News Release
(Released: February 24, 2012)
February 24, 2012
SPORT ANGLERS PROHIBITED FROM USING FELT SOLES IN FRESH WATERS OF ALASKA
Anglers are reminded that effective January 1, 2012, footgear with absorbent felt or other fibrous material on the soles are prohibited while sport fishing in the fresh waters of Alaska. The regulation was adopted by the Alaska Board of Fisheries in 2010, to reduce the potential for introduction and spread of invasive organisms, including plants, into Alaska waters. Invasive organisms spread by contaminated waders and other gear, can threaten resident fish stocks and important fish habitat.

Wading boots are not the only means of transporting invasive species; all fishing, boating, or recreational equipment exposed to aquatic invasive species are potential carriers.

To reduce the chance of introducing invasive species, anglers should:

CLEAN - Rinse and remove any mud, sediment, and/or plant debris from all gear, boats, and boat trailers, floatplane rudders and floats, and anything that comes into contact with the water. Separate all pieces of wading footgear and waders (remove liners, etc.) to check for and remove visible mud, sediment and/or plant debris before leaving the area. Use a stiff bristle brush to clean all fishing gear.

DRAIN - Empty all water from coolers, bilge pumps, buckets, and wring out gear before leaving the boat launch or fishing areas.

DRY - Completely dry gear between systems or trips.

DECONTAMINATE - If drying is not possible, either freeze gear until solid or wash gear in water heated to 130?F. If drying, freezing or heating gear is not feasible, use a 2 percent bleach solution to clean gear away from fresh water recreation sites. Spray or rinse gear for one minute. A 2 percent bleach solution can be made easily by mixing 2.5 oz. of chlorine bleach with tap water to make 1 gallon of solution. NOTE: Bleach solutions may degrade gear made of absorbent materials. Please rinse gear on land, away from fresh water fishing areas and dispose of disinfectants as indicated on the label.

Sure hope their was no FELT SOLES on board that vessel,,if there were ,,boy are they going too be sorry.!

Me.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

Holy sht! Thanks for the info.

I wonder when the first radiated foods find their way to grocery store. If it hasn't already happened.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Why hasnt this been moved to the hoax bin yet? It has been shown to be untrue multiple times already in this thread.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by denya11
First, the gulf oil spill.

Second, Nuclear waste spill off Alaska.

Third, seafood restaurants go bankrupt due to mutant seafood.

Looks as if the USA wants to destroy marine life instead of saving what's left of it.....

WTF are you talking about? BP is a British company and the nuclear junk is from Japan. What control does the US have over that?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Sigh....I'm speechless. Why in the hell have we not come up with a method of how to dispose of nuclear contaminants? So, we sink a radiated vessel into the ocean? Real smart.

That is exactly why when someone touts nuclear as a clean, safe option .. I couldn't disagree more.

It's not clean, it's one of the worst things .. sure there's no exhaust polluting the air.. we instead bury it and forget about it.. and then hope the nuke plants don't blow up or have a disaster..

We really don't bury as much as you think... the spent fuel is stored in a fuel pool usually on the upper floors of the plant so they can be removed from the containment vessel while still be under water. The plant I worked at was on Pennsylvania and of the same design as the ones that failed in Japan.

I have friends who worked the Three Mile Island clean up and the Fukushima disaster is now 10 times Chernobyl and it will be 50 times greater if the spent fuel pool at Fukushima unit 4 (I think).......

The first commercial nuke reactor was at Peach Bottom where I worked for 18 months. I worked from the fuel floor to the sub-pile room. I found it interesting but stressful work....

The U.S.'s first nuclear power plant (the Shippingport Reactor) had gone on line a year earlier. Peach Bottom Unit 1 was an experimental helium-cooled, graphite-moderated reactor. It operated from 1966 to 1974. The other two units, General Electric boiling water reactors, placed on-line in 1974,

Peach Bottom was shutdown by the NRC after;

- March 31, 1987 - Peach Bottom was indefinitely shutdown.
Operators were found sleeping on the job, playing video games,
engaging in rubber band and paper ball fights, and reading
unauthorized material.

I have always been told that the first plant was efficient and used as a base standard to determine the economic feasibility to use wide spread nuclear power yet the plants differ so much from the
edit on 29-4-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: add content

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

This is not an unusual law. It is also used US wide in particular locations to help avoid introducing harmfull species. Of note are a couple varieties of muscles or clams that have been introduced. The Great Lakes has a problem with this, and several places in the south have invasive Asian catfish or carp that threaten unpoluted lakes in the areas. So this is pretty standard and usually posted in fishing areas or boat launches.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Why are hypocrites on here all of a sudden believing the MSM links and counting on those to say this thread should be moved to the hoax bin? Did you already get your morning fill of Fluoride? Things like radiation getting poured across the Alaskan coast and West coast are bad media in an election year...your sheeple mind must stay on point with MSM cramming election BS down our throats.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join