It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy sink ship; Alaska fishing shut down??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Sigh....I'm speechless. Why in the hell have we not come up with a method of how to dispose of nuclear contaminants? So, we sink a radiated vessel into the ocean? Real smart.

That is exactly why when someone touts nuclear as a clean, safe option .. I couldn't disagree more.

It's not clean, it's one of the worst things .. sure there's no exhaust polluting the air.. we instead bury it and forget about it.. and then hope the nuke plants don't blow up or have a disaster..

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

That's exactly my impression. I hate to say it, but we as a species, certainly our leaders, are just dumb, dumb,dumb.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior

Originally posted by survival
I am skeptical of your claim.

Humanity HAS TO FACE IT - We're going to live in radioactive Earth beyond 2012. WAKE UP.

As far as radiation, in a spiritual manner, what you amplify from your being, the radiation will have an effect on. It will begin to rapidly evolve some, while killing others.

So, either I'm gonna die hairless and sloughing off the interior of my bowels or I'm gonna have superpowers. Rock on. I'll take either instantaneous teleportation or hyper-intelligence. I'm not picky.

Go for the hyper intelligence, then you can invent the instant teleportation yourself, make billions and buy an island.
On topic, I have doubts about rampant radiation and closing down businesses.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
First word that came to mind and that I said slowly out loud was shhhh Have been SO freaking hungry for seafood since BP disaster and yet out of respect for first the aquatic life and secondly my body, I have not and will not.

However I was thinking of getting some salmon from Alaska one of these days, but now, if this is true, no way.

What on earth is going on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If" the ship was contaminated, it was an act of terrorism to sink it anywhere, but Alaska? Sheet! Is this just one step closer to BIG OIL exports out of there? If everything is contaminated then they can get the entire fishing industry to foam at the mouth for jobs in the Oil Industry> Shhet....

Edit to say, so this is NOT confirmed as a radioactive mess? Man, I used to be able to take an Original Poster at face value, I feel dupped but GLAD that there is still a chance that Alaska is not going to be contaminated for a thousand years and the Polar bears and humans will be ok...

edit on 28-4-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Again, THERE IS NO CONFIRMATION THAT ALASKA FISHING HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. IT IS JUST A RUMOR.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

That's exactly my impression. I hate to say it, but we as a species, certainly our leaders, are just dumb, dumb,dumb.

Nuclear has it's place.. on a small scale, for things like space missions .. I can see it for that, but on large scale it's just too risky and unsafe..

We need to develop a better ways to harness the most abundant energy source we have available to us.. Solar .. and then supplement it with wind..

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

Sadly this is just the tip of the per-verbal iceberg. The radioactive debris field form the tsunami is of concern but whats in the air and water should be of greater concern.

The 4 reactors in Japan are along a portion of coastline where three major currents converge. One goes north along Japan and around the coast of Alaska, down towards Canada. One feeds in to the Central Pacific, and the other feed in to the Southern Pacific.

These currents are now conveying radiation across the Pacific Ocean. And based upon radiation monitoring done by the Japanese and the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution radiation is spreading across the Pacific, and is not dissipating as the "experts" thought it would. The Japanese are dumping thousands of gallons of radioactive water per day! And there is no end in sight.

Plus the Jet Stream is carrying radiation across the Pacific and dumping on us here in the United States, with the West Coast taking the bulk of the radiation. But do not be fooled,just because your not on the West Coast doen't mean your safe, no place is immune to the long term effects radioactive fallout.

All of this was caused by the total melt down of ONLY three nuclear reactors. Which I might add are still in total meltdown with no end in sight. As I mentioned above there are 4 reactors that were in Japan, three are in total meltdown, the forth is so unstable structural engineers give the reactor building an earthquake rating of ZERO, which means the vibrations from a semi-truck could bring the whole place down.

When and IF reactor 4 fails it will release so much radiation that the Japanese government is currently drawing up plans to evacuate the entire area including Tokyo! Currently the Japanese Government is trying to by back some if its northern islands that Russia took back during WWII so they can build place for evacuees to. Plus they are also seeing if China will allow evacuees to relocate to the "ghost cities" Northern China! This is amazing do to the fact the Chinese hate the Japanese for what they did during WWII. Such an arrangement would require Japan to ally itself with China and would give China a huge technological, economical and industrial boost.

So while some may say this could never happen, it might given the Japanese need a place to live (survival come first) and China would benefit greatly for Japans knowledge and expertise, plus as an added bonus it would destroy the Japanese/US Alliance and totally shift the balance of power in the Pacific.

Also you are seeing American Military Forces evacuate Okinawa and redeploy to Hawaii.

As bad as things are now they're only going to get worse with time.

You know things are bad when nuclear experts have plans to evacuate their families to the Southern Hemisphere if reactor 4 goes critical. They may be able to run for a while but the radiation will eventually catch up to them.

In time we will see plant mutations, them small animals like mice and rabbits, then come the still born birth and deformations. And in time we will see cancer rates sky rocket. The Human body can only take so much radiation in a single life time. Radiation exposure is cumulative, it does not dissipate with time.

And as for the US government keeping silent about it........... I'm mad as hell! However on an intellectual level I can rationalize what they are doing. This is a problem with no good solution and there is nowhere to run or hide, so why create a panic when there is not a damn thing we can do about it.

So short of divine intervention we are so totally screwed.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
Dangerous Catch, next season.

Watch as Cap'n Sid gets eaten by a monster mutant blue crab.

I think it's the Blue Crab that would have to worry. Sid would count his bonus and win the season. Of course, if it ate a couple greenhorns first, I bet ratings would double at least. Hey, I'm not missing next season now!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JBRiddle

You have assembled quite a scenario taking place. Would it be too much to ask you to provide valid sources to all of that information you posted? I, and I am sure others may want to view the source information to perhaps see if we make the same conclusions that you have made.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Fallout is the debris from a nuclear blast or it could be in smaller amounts from a fire I suppose but no where near the limits from a blast from a nuclear weapon.

That ship has been floating at sea for over a year now and due to the winds and surely rain storms the ship has been through I would doubt there was ANY "fallout" on the ship at all.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
whats really sad is that there are so many people that will just read the O.P. and think the sky is falling....this is getting rediculous

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by fugazzi777
whats really sad is that there are so many people that will just read the O.P. and think the sky is falling....this is getting rediculous

Threads like this are a great example of how much of ATS (and the rest of the internet) operates like a high school rumor mill.

18 idiots and counting....

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Nuke baby Nuke!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Common sense.

You have it in spades my friend.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

If only there was a way to store the waste safely...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Commercial Fishing
news, events, and other information for the commercial fishing, aquaculture, and seafood industries
www.commercial-fishing.org...

Someone can check this site.

Commercial Fishing
news, events, and other information for the commercial fishing, aquaculture, and seafood industries

Myself,, ya it's pprobably true ,
from the very little research i did in a couple of minutes,, common its the internet,, use it...geeeshhh.
thats,,

or maybe here,,

www.squidoo.com...

its the internet,,it ain't rocket science.

Me.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Is this a real thread or a plug for netflicks?

Originally posted by Xterrain
My wife and I were just watching Netflix and she received a text.

edit on 28-4-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

If only there was a way to store the waste safely...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Storing it safely isn't an answer in my opinion.. you're still storing nuclear waste .. that stuff stays radioactive for a very very long time.. it may be good for us now, but someone is going to have to deal with it in the future long after you and I are dead..

That also doesn't change t he fact that accidents do happen.. and when they do, it's bad bad news...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Also no mention of any kind of fishing shutdown on the Alaskan department of Fish and Game...

www.adfg.alaska.gov...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

www.adfg.alaska.gov...

i dont know about that,,
i keep getting,,,

Fishing and Subsistence
Publications Searchable Database
There has been an error!

We're sorry but we received an unexpected error while trying to process your request. The error information has been logged and forwarded to the appropriate developer.
You will be redirected to the main menu shortly (about 10 seconds) . . . we apologize for the inconvenience.

i'm sure its just a malfunction,,,beep.

Me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join