It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy sink ship; Alaska fishing shut down??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
My wife and I were just watching Netflix and she received a text. She has a close friend she grew up with who works part of the year in California and the other half in Alaska. Her job in Alaska is at a cannery of some sort. She just sent a text message updating all of her friends that she will in fact, not be traveling to Alaska due to "the Navy just sank a Japanese ghost ship wrought with nuclear fallout off the coast of Alaska because they didn't know what else to do with it." The ship was part of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami and was apparently swept out to see with no one on it, but covered in radioactive material. Now fishing along the coast of Alaska, the canneries, and other coastal businesses have been shut down due to nuclear fallout. She said nuclear fallout out is all over the place up there; it's in the water, it's in the soil, it's everywhere. She's bummed out about her job falling through, but also warned "don't eat the seafood...radiation levels are really high."

This is another HOLY [SNIP] moment; as there's over a five million tons of debit from Japan floating in the Pacific and the news three days ago was saying that it's looking like it might begin to make landfall on the West Coast (WA, OR, CA) late this year.

Stock up on your iodine folks, and stay away from seafood. If we hear more, I'll post.

....updating as text conversation occurs....

"The Navy got radiation readings over 3 miles from the ghost ship."

...will update if she texts more.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Xterrain because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed censor circumvention

Here is the thread discussing the event one month ago:
'Ghost ship' off Canada heralds arrival of tsunami debris
edit on Sun Apr 29 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: and to remove BREAKING from, the title...added ??

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
wow just wow here we go,,, summer is about to startt really good..what next..... iran , korea.syria ...heck all at once be prepared..
edit on 28-4-2012 by 2012nwaiting because: cuz i misspelled start and still did lol

link   
First, the gulf oil spill.

Second, Nuclear waste spill off Alaska.

Third, seafood restaurants go bankrupt due to mutant seafood.

Looks as if the USA wants to destroy marine life instead of saving what's left of it.....

link   
I can't seem to find any mention of this anywhere.. is this confirmed?

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
You mean a ship different from the one they sank on April 4th?

Coast Guard cannon fire sinks Japanese ghost ship

OVER THE GULF OF ALASKA -- A U.S. Coast Guard cutter poured cannon fire into a Japanese ghost ship that had been drifting since the last year's tsunami, sinking the vessel in the Gulf of Alaska and eliminating the hazard it posed to shipping and the coastline.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I believe that life as we know it will change because of this, Nuclear power should be stopped in its tracks.

I often wonder when they speak of the "Golden Age" if they are refering to a time when people don't use electricity and don't have the need for power, Plumbing systems and water would still be availible on a smaller scale and people would have to spread out more.. the modern city would go extinct. Life would be better

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Actually this happened April 4th .. I found the news, it's not new.

Source

April 5, 2012

A fishing vessel set adrift by the tsunami in Japan has sunk in the Gulf of Alaska after a cutter fired at it, The Coast Guard said.

Petty Officer David Moseley told msnbc.com that the vessel caught fire and took on water after the Coast Guard Cutter Anacapa fired its 25mm cannon at the derelict ship on Thursday, aiming to sink what it called a threat to shipping.

Edit: Someone beat me to it
edit on 4/28/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I am skeptical of your claim.

Humanity HAS TO FACE IT - We're going to live in radioactive Earth beyond 2012. WAKE UP.

As far as radiation, in a spiritual manner, what you amplify from your being, the radiation will have an effect on. It will begin to rapidly evolve some, while killing others. It's all up to you & you knew this was gonna happen.

There are no limits, only beliefs.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
www.latimes.com...

Yep, apparently not new, but word takes a minute to get down to us from her friends up there. It appears we aren't getting the whole story from the Coast Guard or the MSM.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Sigh....I'm speechless. Why in the hell have we not come up with a method of how to dispose of nuclear contaminants? So, we sink a radiated vessel into the ocean? Real smart.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

Well I won't discount the part about it being radioactive as I would think only they would know that for sure. The YT video above shows the CG getting right up next to the ship though. So I am unsure where your friend heard that they got readings from 3 miles of it.

"The Navy got radiation readings over 3 miles from the ghost ship."

edit on 4/28/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I have several friends in Southeast Alaska, many of them are fishermen and cannery workers, and there is nothing like that going on there that I have heard, and I would of heard it by now.

As mentioned above, they did sink a ship at the beginning of april, I think that is the ship. No mention of radiation or cannery shut downs....

This is false info as far as I am concerned.

It would be very bad news for my home town if the canneries were shut down. My family there would be directly effected.

My hometown.

I should be back there next year, or at least that's the plan, as I had to leave the year before last.
edit on 29-4-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
- how did one particular ship get contaminated with so much radiation?

- wouldnt sinking it add and disperse even more radiation into the sea?

- couldnt they have towed it to some uninhabited isle then bury it in concrete etc??

- will they be sinking more ships that are chock full of radiation? surely this can't be the ONLY one can it???

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

She said nuclear fallout out is all over the place up there; it's in the water, it's in the soil, it's everywhere. She's bummed out about her job falling through

Nuclear fallout is in the air, water, soil and the food chain...and she's bummed out about her job falling through? Wow.

On to the more important matter, we seen this coming and the Govt. did nothing about it because they wanted to keep the seriousness of the situation at bay for as long as possible. Now that it's here, what are they going to say? Do? What is the MSM going to report?

How are they going to sweep this one under the rug now that the Navy got involved?

Peace

edit on 28-4-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite

I often wonder when they speak of the "Golden Age" if they are refering to a time when people don't use electricity and don't have the need for power, Plumbing systems and water would still be availible on a smaller scale and people would have to spread out more.. the modern city would go extinct. Life would be better

The Golden age is on the precursor at the moment. We are sifting through sand moving to a pavement sheen with a distance that we have not seen in an age. Some will have no need for electricity, some will not have need for food, some will power their lives with the sun, & some will power electronics with crystals.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I wonder if this is what she meant. Looks like the Coast Guard recently sunk an adrift Japanese ship in the Gulf of Alaska.

Coast Guard cannon fire sinks Japanese ghost ship

www.cbsnews.com...

April 5, 2012 11:13 AM

(AP) OVER THE GULF OF ALASKA - The long, lonely voyage of the Japanese ghost ship is over.

A U.S. Coast Guard cutter unleashed cannon fire on the abandoned 164-foot Ryou-Un Maru on Thursday, ending a journey that began when last year's tsunami dislodged it and set it adrift across the Pacific Ocean.

It sank into waters more than 1,000 feet deep in the Gulf of Alaska, more than 150 miles from land.

The crew pummeled the ghost ship with high explosive ammunition and, soon after, the Ryou-Un Maru burst into flames, began to take on water and list, officials said.

A huge column of smoke could be seen over the gulf.

The Coast Guard warned mariners to stay away, and aviation authorities did the same for pilots. A Coast Guard C-130 plane crew monitored the operation.

Boast swept away by tsunami sighted off Canada
Complete coverage: Japan tsunami disaster

edit: looks like a few of us found these articles

edit on 28-4-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by survival
I am skeptical of your claim.

Humanity HAS TO FACE IT - We're going to live in radioactive Earth beyond 2012. WAKE UP.

As far as radiation, in a spiritual manner, what you amplify from your being, the radiation will have an effect on. It will begin to rapidly evolve some, while killing others.

So, either I'm gonna die hairless and sloughing off the interior of my bowels or I'm gonna have superpowers. Rock on. I'll take either instantaneous teleportation or hyper-intelligence. I'm not picky.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Dangerous Catch, next season.

Watch as Cap'n Sid gets eaten by a monster mutant blue crab.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
- how did one particular ship get contaminated with so much radiation?

The simple answer is - it didnt.
The tsunami, and subsequent washing of stuff out to sea, happened BEFORE any trouble at all happened at the Fukushima plant, and long before any radiation leaked from the plant, and mostly also occurred further north up the coast hundreds of miles from the power plant anyway.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
If you flagged or starred this thread, hit yourself in the head with a tack hammer.

What a GREAT example of how third-hand information from a social networking cite is NOT HOW YOU CONFIRM NEWS and is closer to playing the game 'telephone' than actual news.

As others have already noted, this is likely referencing the well-publicized sinking of a Japanese 'ghost ship' by the US Navy. The ship was not found to be 'radioactive', and in fact was found to not contain any fuels or contaminates at all.

So either the person who sent the OP the tweet or text or whatever is an idiot, or the OP is intentionally hoaxing. I'm going to guess the former, unless we get some ACTUAL CONFIRMATION from someone other than your neighbor's friend's dog's groomer's cousin's nephew on twitter.

edit on 28-4-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join