It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prototype Quadcopter With Machine Gun!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
A good way to tell that it's cgi is by looking at the "gun" system hanging off of the bottom. Which is in reality an AR 15 barrel with a quad rail around it attached to some sort of flexible tube....

Now here is where the video's reality factor breaks down.... How are you supposed to run a belt feed through that tiny little flex hose that goes to the back of the "gun"? Next there's the slight issue of firing mechanism... to put it bluntly there is no receiver or room for operating componentry to make a gun functional. You can't just magically put the bolt and operating components inside the craft and magically have the bullets come down the tube and out the barrel, bullets just don't work that way.

I don't blame people for getting fooled though... honestly something like that is 100% possible especially if someone were to mount something like a TDI kriss or even an AK 108 series rifle (Both of these weapons have advanced recoil mitigation technology built in which would make them good fits for something that lightweight that flies around.) to the largest quadcopter frame they could find you'd end up with something pretty lethal and fairly compact.

All in all it was a great video that was extremely well done.

P.S to the commenter that said you must not know anything about fps russia if you think this is cgi.... It is you who must not know much about Fps Russia since he uses CGI, trick photography, and other production techniques pretty regularly in his videos. A great example of this was his Gatling gun video... at the end where he fired the "handheld" gatling gun I guess you failed to notice that no brass was exiting the weapon.... you know why? Because it was an AIRSOFT GATLING GUN that he EDITED THE FOOTAGE OF TO MAKE LOOK LIKE A REAL ONE....

PPS: It always helps when being rude snotty and downright snarky to other posters to actually know what you are talking about.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Remember to act nice.

Or, maybe it's a ufo that needs a little buckshot?

Looks like the neocons want a fair fight. You shoot at a machine, a fat slob wearing bluetooth in a bunker in Arizona kills you with no risk.

aliens, help? Please???

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Looks fairly real to me...especially the camera view from the rc looking at him while flying.

CGI is good, but it aint that good.

Even Most movies nowadays, its just as easy to pick the cgi, as it was with the old stop motion.

FPS Russia is a crazy guy, he has dozens of clips........Beats me where he gets the money or access to these weapons....Only in America!!!!

Why would you crazy Americans give citizenship to an even crazier Russian???

Oh Yeah, He was probably an "Asylum Seeker".........Well he is safe at last...Not sure about you Yanks tho.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
First of all FPS russia is NOT russian it's a fake accent... Second the weapons he shows in his vids are legal here with the right paperwork and licensing. Third the clip is CGI it's a teaser for the new Call Of Duty Black Ops game not a real helo. I will repeat this again it's NOT A REAL DRONE ..... HE SPECIFICALLY SAYS THIS HELICOPTER WILL BE IN THE NEW COD GAME.... I don't know why this is so difficult for people to understand.

COD BLACK OPS 2 video

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I would think that all one would need to do in this video is watch the reflections and shadows on the quadcopter to realize it is CGI. Especially look to when he is waving his arms around the rotors while it is on the table.
Also, the shadow of the quadcopter is cast at a different angle than other items in the frame...

But I am not an expert on video analysis...this is my amateur opinion...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
brainz.org... its not on this list but those on the list scare me more then that little guy would if it was real check out the mini helicopter drone

MQ-8 Fire Scout Fire Scout is technically classified as a VTUAV, or Vertical Takeoff UAV. In this case, that simply relates to it being a dwarf-sized autonomous helicopter. The US Navy has been seeking a robotic solution to its inherent problem of being somewhat limited on deck-space, while constantly needing aerial support craft. The Fire Scout was perfect for this role and with minor modifications became the Sea Scout for naval use while retaining the Fire nomenclature for Army use. This tiny aircraft is able to carry serious firepower, including Hellfire missiles as well as a host of laser-guided armaments. Alternate versions have been tested using .338 caliber rifle systems, ideal for precision kills of human targets.
so at least that one can shoot and hover around and aparently launch rockets but it seems the general concensus is that the ops video is fake

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

I have the perfect technical name for this thing if it doesn't have one. The W.A.S.P .... Wireless, Aerial, Surveillance, Platform. It really does look like a wasp with a stinger coming out the bottom.

edit on 29-4-2012 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
For less than $1000 you can make a quadcopter, with programable GPS waypoints that can carry any type of automatic weapon, at it will handle the recoil due to the integrated gyro electronics stabilizing the quad. I design camera mounts for quads, everything you see in the video is possible, scary but possible by just visiting your local hobby store.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
They have videos of some so large a guy rides on it as he controls it. The gyros are amazing. I fly some electric cp heli's and they can really take some high winds and stay right on track with where you point it. You guys really have me puzzled about the video. I saw it while looking up rc and crazy in the title. If true. Ya it's a scary weapon. If it's cgi. He's doing a good job with his YouTube career. He does crack me up.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I am work in film primarily on cgi projects and this is 100% not cgi. Anyone who claims otherwise doesn't know what he's talking about.

<< 1   >>

join