It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prototype Quadcopter With Machine Gun!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

ok so this is potentially the scariest thing i have ever seen. mostly because even though it looks pretty CGI/viral ad campaign (i'm sure many of you will agree), i really have no doubt that this probably could exist if it in fact does not already. how many of the 30,000 drones projected for approval by FAA here in the US will have capabilities like this? can you imagine a couple dozen of these prowling your neighborhood? fuggitaboutit.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I would think the kick from the weapon would make the helicopter unstable. Plus I did not see any type of targeting system on the controller monitor so you would be blindly shooting at targets.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Its CGI. A fake.

Cool looking though.

also here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

on a side note, Wouldn't be great if wars were just fought with robots? No humans need to be killed and they could broadcast it for the world to see.
edit on 28-4-2012 by redbarron626 because: for a side note

link   
reply to post by JBA2848

so you're saying "beyond our current technology"? i doubt it. looks pretty big. those four fan blades would have a significant gyroscopic stabilizing effect. i'm certainly no engineer, but i could see this being doable.

link   
You CAN see the kick from the gun.

I can see these things not with guns but with nasty lasers fitted, silent but deadly.

I fly RC Copters and what you see there is easily possible.

Also those blades are very big, it would lift quite a heavy gun.
edit on 28-4-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Oh good God in Heaven...I call 100% real and 100% BAD. That's a heavily modified and customized quad copter, but anyone can buy them and they start in the $5,000 range. That price gets you one capable of carrying all the gear for a DSLR camera....with stabilization built in for a good photo platform and automated controls like Hover. Getting above $20,000 is where I'd guess his base model started for the weight I'm just spit-balling he added there.

Oh...jeeze... No, I can't say I've ever seen THAT done and it sure never crossed my mind. That DOES look just like the video of the remote feeds to what he's flying there though and there are plenty of sites which sell them to see examples. It lets him end that out of line of sight and a kilometer or more away. I'm looking at the bullet strikes and his intense concentration on his controls and it looks like it's rocking right up as it ought to for what he's doing.

Again.. WOW.... That is scary, not impressive. Why can't people find amazing NON-LETHAL things to do with these llittle wonders of technology??

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
thats not cgi... lol you obviously know nothing about fpsrussia

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I dont know how it converts but £400 GBP gets you a quad with camera. Another £100 for gps guidance.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

That gets a professional level with the on board computer controls to hover, land itself and stay stable?

I've seen the hobby ones... I was thinking of the professional grade for aerial survey work and that sort of thing. I'm assuming that is what he has there. I'd like his budget for throwing away equipment to make a youtube video though. Must be one of those guys who got rich very very fast somehow and just plays with money now.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

a friend of mine makes 80k a year from videos on youtube and he has about a 10th of the views as fpsrussia does. hes got money to spend on his videos for sure

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I remember seeing weaponized spheres in lab tests awhile back....way more intense then this thing...let me see if I can find it

Found it... my bad it wasn't exactly a sphere but keep in mind these tests were done in 2008 and as early as 1999, so just imagine whats out there now..especially with the ever increasing developments in nano technology.

skip to the 0:38 mark in this video

edit on 28-4-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
ok so this is potentially the scariest thing i have ever seen. mostly because even though it looks pretty CGI/viral ad campaign (i'm sure many of you will agree), i really have no doubt that this probably could exist

As someone who has built their own quadcopter, I've no doubt that sticking a gun on one this size is possible.
For more fun, elsewhere on the net are videos of a quadcopter flying through a forest, shooting helium balloons with fireworks.

edit on 28-4-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

even if they're $50k, that's peanuts for DHS and other publicly funded agencies that might order thousands of these things for assorted uses.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

That gets a professional level with the on board computer controls to hover, land itself and stay stable?

I've seen the hobby ones... I was thinking of the professional grade for aerial survey work and that sort of thing. I'm assuming that is what he has there. I'd like his budget for throwing away equipment to make a youtube video though. Must be one of those guys who got rich very very fast somehow and just plays with money now.

It gets you the same as the uk police are using. What we see in the op's vid is just the same but with upgraded motors and fans.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Its a viral advert for cal of duty black ops 2....and yes, most is CGI.

Google it, youtube it.....is a viral ad

edit on 28-4-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Well.... I guess it was almost 2 years since I looked at these and actually priced them in a serious idea. They've come down that much for price with quality? lol... That doesn't surprise but it sure makes the idea worse, doesn't it? It was marginally better when it took a small fortune to buy one.

At least groups like Occupy should be able to supply their own organic air views, if the pricing is that low these days. (A video version...sans machine gun, of course) I think we'd have killed to have had that kind of view capability in St Louis and with a feed capable of recording and webcasting too.

err...We were only three blocks from the World Series.. Oh we would have made MONEY until the Secret Service shot it down. lol.... Priceless views of the game! errr

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
In this day and age there is no doubt that some one has come up with something like this.
All I can say is this would put a new twist on those L.A. chase sceens on the nightly news wouldn't they.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by David134

Oh, While someone is out making these and raising all kinds of mayhem, we can watch the true nerds of the modern time figure out ways to put little guidance packages on model rockets.
Think about the MIT and Cal-Tech grads with student loans before laughing too hard..

This sort of thing could get totally out of hand if enough intelligent people really made some of these. Umm...Road Rage and Rush Hour would absolutely never be the same again. Maybe a few laws about drones buzzing around aren't such a bad idea, now that I think about it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
These would be pretty useless to be honest unless you had a weapon with 0 recoil.

As stated above, this is a toy, made for a viral ad. The shooting is CGI.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It's a CGI "viral" ad for a video game; COD - Black Ops 2.

You'll probably be hoaxed bin on this one, sorry to say.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join