It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yersinia pesti Levaquin, known generically as levofloxacin OK'd for the Plague

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Just heard on the rense radio network commercial from like npr, about the Yersinia pesti Plague, and it caught me a little off guard, as not heard much about a plague, per say, going around the globe.

Antibiotics for prevention...

Noticed other articles here at ATS on the Y.P.

Google Results Headlines in last 24 hours like these

Troubling New Signs Plague European, U.S. Economies | PBS

List of Dead Scientists… Assassinated ? | we must know
wemustknow.net/2012/04/list-of-dead-scientists…-assassinated/
15 hours ago - The medical center says the plague bacteria he worked with was a weakened strain that isn't known to cause illness in healthy adults. The strain was approved ...

Human trials of the drug would be difficult because the plague – caused by the bacterium Yersinia pestis – is rare, with only 1000 and 2000 cases a year around ...

Bubonic plague is caused by a bacterium called Yersinia pestis. These bacteria are carried by ticks, fleas living on rats, whereas. Fleas spread disease when

Levaquin levofloxacin from Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) to treat the plague and reduce the risk of contracting the plague after exposure to Yersinia pestis

WASHINGTON -- The US Food and Drug Administration on Friday approved Levaquin, an antibiotic made by Johnson & Johnson unit Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc., for treatment of the now-rare plague.

The agency also approved the drug to reduce the risk of contracting the plague after exposure to Yersinia pestis, the bacterium that causes the disease.

The bug, despite its devastating track record before the advent of modern medicine, is now extremely rare in most parts of the world. There are about 1,000 to 2,000 cases each year.

Plague is a mainly animal disease that humans can contract from fleas, other animals or laboratory exposure. The disease could also be used as a bio-terrorism agent, the FDA said.

The FDA based its approval on an efficacy study on African green monkeys because it isn't feasible or ethical to conduct trials on humans.

The agency granted Levaquin a priority review. It joins streptomycin, doxycycline, tetracycline and other antibacterial drugs among the FDA-approved treatments for plague.

edit on 28-4-2012 by earthinhabitant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
(snip in response to OP edit..making mine off topic..very)

Well, this sounds very good if they can find the patients they need in the Western states where the Plague is known to exist and pop up every year. It's always made me wonder if someday the rare cases out in the rural areas could jump to larger populations by some freak set of circumstances that just haven't happened yet.

It's encouraging if they are still at work making effective drugs against it. This would be one of the bugs Man knows about that I really never want to see return to the status of 'un-treatable'. Multi-Drug resistant would be just as bad. So...while hoping nothing gets darkly sidetracked (
), I wish them luck in making things better where this old killer pops up these days.

edit on 28-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I edited out my conspiracy theory rhetoric, as I was wondering if this is going to be like "cipro" and Rumsfield or whomever is fixing to cash in on it, with some big scare, maybe just in time for chi town and NATO...who knows, as the bubonic plague is not commonly in the media and hush hush on so many other things and just can't get the $$$ motivation of J&J, unless they expecting a surge in cases and big scare, as sure the investors going to love it, and profits just need a little boost with a epidemic scare, so expecting a word any day now in the news, where it has been used as bio terrorism weapon and then pay day for J&J and hopefully be just a wag the dog and not some real event....well more or less same as the anthrax scare, as we know who sent that to who and why.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yersina pestis is the plague, but the Black death is not the plague.

Black death has occured at exactly the same time in many different cities, which means it has at it's origin, somewhere outside of the earth, ie A cosmic radiation source, perhaps black hole radiation.

There is a book about comets causing the black death ( try to find it later, I should be in bed) but Days of darkness (not eclipses) have also occurred around the same time of outbreaks of the Black death.

There will no cure for the black death, as it is not a bacteria.
They (Pharma) are fearmongering and cashing in on it.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I was going to make a thread about this if someone hadn't, for some reason I get a weird vibe from all of it. I hate Big Pharma though, with a passion. And people already seemed to be reporting nasty side effects, as long as it goes public people will atleast know the risks. But with all the depopulation conspiracies (and genocide happening as we speak) and the fact that most people have eaten copious amounts of antibiotics that our immune system to something as foreign as the plague... when antibiotics aren't taken correctly, is what has caused us to become very sensitive... yet that is a large risk to take, there is no surefire way of containment. If that makes any sense whatsoever, CONSTANT VIGILANCE
& a star (:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by girlwithkaleidoscope3eyes

yea, spooks me out too a little, as big pharma is always on the watch list...and something seems little fishy here, like the cipro scam panic was it could be, or even worse, a real potential terrorist attack and pandemic that would require the prescription, as how and who the terrorist is, well big pharma be my guess over some lone wolf or muslims, as it would have to be someone who have the cure, before they would take a swipe at everyone on the planet, however that is pure assumption on my part, as I have seen some suicidal tendencies that suggest could be some out of control Domesday lover who wants to rid the planet of inhabitants, as those are the ones that scare me, as much as the big pharma, and disgruntal employees with access there or some rouge scientist with lab access in military or elsewhere, that is a threat, to us all...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by earthinhabitant

Levaquin is dangerous and should only be taken in life threatening instances. It has been linked to weakened tendons and tendon ruptures. I did some research on this drug a few years ago after a doctor tried to get me to take it for an upper respitory infection. When I aked the doctor to prescribe an effective alternative, he seemed annoyed and tried to convince me that Levaquin was most effective. Needless to say, I got a second opinion.

This guy wasn't so lucky:
www.rense.com...

edit on 12-5-2012 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MaryStillToe

thanks, evil exposed for sure, hope everyone takes notes before you get it recommended or prescribe by your doc or someone you know and love..

Here are excerpts from Rense's site article:

Mr. Fratti had been a healthy, athletic young man of 41, when he presented to his doctor's office in May, 2005, for a possible UTI and was prescribed Levaquin. After taking a second course of Levaquin in August, 2005, he began experiencing aches and pains that grew progressively worse over the following months. During that time he also developed other symptoms including vision problems, petite mal seizures, suicidal thoughts, insomnia, impaired circulation, severe fatigue, equilibrium problems, sound sensitivity, neuropathy, and tendinitis so severe at times he could not walk.

Far from being alone in experiencing what cutting-edge physicians are finally recognizing as "Levaquin-induced" toxicities, the other victims number in the unknown thousands, unknown because their cases rarely make mainstream media news. Their symptoms have been similar to those of Mr. Fratti, and over one thousand deaths have been noted, and the general population remains unaware of the dangers of fluoroquinolones, which are fluorinated antibiotics. Adding to the problem is the fact that "Levaquin-induced" toxicity can show up weeks, months and even longer after the patient has stopped taking the Levaquin, although many physicians do not realize this.

The report indicates that there were 61,983 reactions reported to the FDA for Levaquin/levofloxacin, including over 1000 deaths, although this is apparently just a fraction of the actual reactions to Levaquin. According to a US Government Accounting Office (GAO) report to Congress, the FDA's Adverse Event Reporting System (AERS) is a voluntary one, and "includes an estimated 1 to 10 percent of adverse events." The FDA Report showed reactions that included joint pain, renal failure, insomnia, rhabdomyolysis, tendinitis, tendon rupture, headache, anxiety, pneumonia, vomiting, deafness, suicidal ideation, fibromyalgia, blindness, hallucinations, pancreatitis, diarrhea, leg amputations, foaming at mouth, tinnitus, abnormal liver function, heart attack, aggression, brain death, spontaneous abortion, death and "agonal death struggle" - dying in agony. This is a short list of only 27 reactions out of the total 61,983 reported in the FOI report, which in turn is only "an estimated 1 to 10 percent of adverse events."

In a Levaquin Approval Document from Johnson & Johnson to the FDA, Levaquin was approved on 12/20/1996. It was approved despite the fact that the FDA medical officer's conclusions state that there were significant flaws in both the protocol design and implementation of several of the studies for which its approval was based. The medical officer noted that the clinical assessment categories were inappropriate.
edit on 12-5-2012 by earthinhabitant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Noticing this

The fluoroquinolones are a family of synthetic broad-spectrum antibiotics, which eradicate bacteria by interfering with DNA replication.

Fluoroquinolone Antimicrobial Drugs [ciprofloxacin (marketed as Cipro and generic ciprofloxacin)

Some medicines may interact with a fluoroquinolone and cause serious side effects.

The adverse effects of fluoroquinolones are the negative and sometimes serious effects that may occur as a result of fluoroquinolone use. The fluoroquinolones are synthetic broad-spectrum antibiotics. In general, the common side-effects are mild to moderate and self-limiting. On occasion, serious adverse effects occur. Some of the serious adverse drug reactions (ADRs) that occur more commonly with fluoroquinolones than with other antibiotic drug classes include central nervous system (CNS) toxicity, phototoxicity, cardiotoxicity, arthropathy, and tendon toxicity.[1][2] Children and the elderly are at greater risk.[1][2] ADRs may manifest during, as well as sometimes long after fluoroquinolone therapy has been discontinued.[3] Events that may occur in acute overdose are rare and include renal failure and seizure

Fluoroquinolone Antibiotic Toxicity (Cipro, Levaquin, Avelox, Floxin

www.facebook.com/FluoroquinoloneToxicity

Side effects to fluoroquinolones are often times at their worst long after the antibiotic has bee...n taken. Hence, many people never link their health problems

Fluoroquinolones And Levaquin Side Effects Lawsuit News Archive. Nationwide Levaquin / Fluoroquinolone case evaluations: 1.800.856.6405

Popular antibiotic ciprofloxacin linked to UK deaths - The Ecologist
www.theecologist.org/.../popular_antibiotic_ciprofloxacin_linked_to...
23 May 2011 – Fluoroquinolones are also – controversially – used to treat diseases in ... Some experience minor side effects, others a pattern of debilitating

Surviving Cipro - A Guide to Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome and ...
www.survivingcipro.com/

If you are currently taking Cipro (or any fluoroquinolone such as Avelox and Levaquin) and are experiencing negative side effects, or if you are THINKING about
Surviving Cipro - A Guide to Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome and ...
www.survivingcipro.com/

FDA Imposes Urgent Safety Warnings on Fluoroquinolone Drugs Due to Tendon Risks

By Aaron Poehler

Published on July 08, 2008

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced today that they will require a class of antibiotic drugs known as fluoroquinolones to carry their most serious warnings on their packaging.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
We all know what happens next! The plague will mysteriously increase a thousand fold and Johnson &Johnson will profit from it...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

yea or they just start prescribing it to everyone and then we left with bunch of zombies..

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Us mice can control the deer ticks, the lord of the mice is back. He's a little pissed at mankind right now so you guys better start treating the earth a little better.
Why not just eat a bunch of garlic, that kills all sorts of bacteria
Or how about bentonite clay?
Turmeric?
Won't any of those work?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I have been prescribed Levaquin a couple of times. Once was for a flu that led to me getting pneumonia, and a couple of years later for a respiratory infection that wouldn't respond to weaker antibiotics. The main side effect I caught was some really bad nausea and mud-butt, but I recovered from pneumonia pretty quickly, and the second time I recovered from the infection within a couple of days.
In the two or three years between the prescription I noticed a couple of things. The price dropped dramatically between the first and second prescription. I don't remember the exact count on the first prescription but it was 3-5 pills and $40 after co-pay. The second scrip was the same count but the co-pay was the normal $15. I can't remember if the drug went from "formulary" to "non-formulary" in my insurance plan or went full generic. I would expect that this is a pretty profitable drug for J&J so it makes sense that they attempt to get as many approved uses as possible.
edit on 12-5-2012 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
I have been prescribed Levaquin a couple of times. Once was for a flu that led to me getting pneumonia, and a couple of years later for a respiratory infection that wouldn't respond to weaker antibiotics. The main side effect I caught was some really bad nausea and mud-butt, but I recovered from pneumonia pretty quickly, and the second time I recovered from the infection within a couple of days.
In the two or three years between the prescription I noticed a couple of things. The price dropped dramatically between the first and second prescription. I don't remember the exact count on the first prescription but it was 3-5 pills and $40 after co-pay. The second scrip was the same count but the co-pay was the normal $15. I can't remember if the drug went from "formulary" to "non-formulary" in my insurance plan or went full generic. I would expect that this is a pretty profitable drug for J&J so it makes sense that they attempt to get as many approved uses as possible.

thanks for your comment and wondering if,

You took only 3-5 pills first time and 3-5 the second time? Total of 6-10 pills of what milligram size?

Seems like the toxicity reports, are from excessive amounts, what ever that level is...

Is it one or two per day prescribed?

Was it the pneumonia both times be possible to say in reference to respiratory illness, so the problem returned and was diagnosed as another ailment?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Levaquin
I see caffeic acid, Fluoride, methyl, and Ammonia. Seems like some coffee with some pink slime might work

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaryStillToe
reply to post by earthinhabitant

Levaquin is dangerous and should only be taken in life threatening instances. It has been linked to weakened tendons and tendon ruptures. I did some research on this drug a few years ago after a doctor tried to get me to take it for an upper respitory infection. When I aked the doctor to prescribe an effective alternative, he seemed annoyed and tried to convince me that Levaquin was most effective. Needless to say, I got a second opinion.

This guy wasn't so lucky:
www.rense.com...

edit on 12-5-2012 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

I agree - it's one nasty drug. I know someone who was given massive amounts through an IV. There are major side effects. Even after five years, she still has pain in her arms.

It's not a drug you want to take unless you are in very serious condition.

top topics

join