It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul wins Louisiana

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

That is from the AP Ron Paul didn't win anything This thread belongs in the hoax bin

You would think a person who spends so much time in political threads posting anti-Paul comments would have a tiny bit of knowledge about how the election system works in America.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
You dont see them because only RP supporters are delusional enough to think that their candidate will change anything.

Just sayin.

Ron Paul supporters don't believe he alone will change anything.

It's the belief that WE the people... with him as the representative... who will change things. It is a team effort... and it's working.

Namaste.

Its working? What has changed?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Results for Louisiana Republican Primary (U.S. Presidential Primary)
Mar 24, 2012 (100% of precincts reporting)

Rick Santorum

49%

Mitt Romney

26.7%

Newt Gingrich

15.9%

Ron Paul

6.1%

Other

2.3%

That is from the AP

Ron Paul didn't win anything

This thread belongs in the hoax bin

Those are the results of the primary over a month ago. Old news.

This was the voting for the delegates. Which actually counts for something as opposed to that earlier vote. Paul did very well. It still doesn't mean he'll take the majority of Louisiana delegates to the convention much less any other states doing the same. But the story has little to do with the results you linked.
What you linked isn't false. Merely old. Whereas the OP story is not only valid but current.
Please educate yourself about the political system before declaring something a hoax.
Thanks.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
I don't think we've seen any anti-Paul poster describe why their candidates would be better.
Why don't we see "I'm Passionate About Romney" "5000 Words of Praise for Romney", "Romney is the POTUS for Me"
or
"Yay, Another 4 Years!! I'm So Excited"

Where are those threads? It's either bash Ron Paul threads, or join in and bash pro Ron Paul threads.

Maybe I've missed something?

funny isn't it? Not one anti Ron Paul shill ever says who they support and why, like any normal person would, instead they just try to bash Ron Paul. Like another poster said, they actually help RP which is the funny thing because any normal person reading their childish responses will know exactly which side to stand on, the one with normal people on and not the one with a bunch of shills on

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Where is your data that he did not win Louisiana?

Hate to tell ya but the popular vote means nothing at the national convention, unless the state was a primary state that binds delegates.

My post was referencing the possibility that the bound delegates can become unbound. Also, the bound delegates must be non-contested as Gingrich was asserting.

Florida, Arizona, and Idaho delegates can be contested as they broke national republican rules and held their primaries before April 1.

Another delusion perpetrated, is that the popular vote means as much as it does in party mechanics. Most people think you vote and go home, but in reality, the people behind the scenes control the outcome. Paul has awakened in many the truth of this matter; and, using it to his advantage.

This is very excited and many cards are yet to be played.

Another fact, that many refuse to believe is that delegates may abstain from voting on the first round at the convention. It happened in 2008. But, you won't hear that from your trusted news sources.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

Originally posted by MrSpad
See Ron Paul is the messiah, the people vote against him and he still wins. If any other canidate had done this it would be proof your vote does not count, the fix is in, TPTB had their candidate win, GOP agents had payed off people etc. But not Paul, he is just doing the will of the people even if they do not want him. The ATS double standard alive and well.

Do you guys hear something?

It sounds like someone is saying, "Blah, blah, blah, blah," but maybe it's just me.

Sounds to me like he is exactly right. Ron Paul is trying to win by spamming the county and lower level caucuses with loads of hyped up idiots, just like he spammed every straw poll before the elections began, along with every online poll concievable. I guess cults of personality are becoming a larger factor in the electoral process. Let's face it: if someone who got 6% of the popular vote in a duly constituted election can dominate the state's delegation to the national party, the election system is broken. Why? because the purpose of the primaries is to select a viable candidate for the general election. Scoring 5% should put you well out of the running.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
With all these sweeps on delagets and now Newt Grinich is out on May 2 .....Ron Paul 2012 !!! Yea Buddy !!!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Good news, go Ron! Funny how the mods are having to dish out the law on manners in this thread! Some of the non-Ron supporters rattled it seems!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I promise 1 thing that is true. All my mainstream Republican friends from La. on FaceBook are upset about this, acc to their status updates. If anything speaks to its validity, it's that. I've seen it in local news on several sources (one linked in an earlier post) that have no funding/spamming from the Paul campaign.Perhaps the Paul campaign is hyping it as something slightly more significant than it is. But that is something all campaigns from any party would do to gain momentum.

Sounds like the anti-Paul crowd is getting a bit more desperate to downplay events, if anything.
Don't worry, you're mind controllers will win in the end, at least when it comes to the Republican candidate.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer

Originally posted by NightGypsy

Originally posted by MrSpad
See Ron Paul is the messiah, the people vote against him and he still wins. If any other canidate had done this it would be proof your vote does not count, the fix is in, TPTB had their candidate win, GOP agents had payed off people etc. But not Paul, he is just doing the will of the people even if they do not want him. The ATS double standard alive and well.

Do you guys hear something?

It sounds like someone is saying, "Blah, blah, blah, blah," but maybe it's just me.

Sounds to me like he is exactly right. Ron Paul is trying to win by spamming the county and lower level caucuses with loads of hyped up idiots, just like he spammed every straw poll before the elections began, along with every online poll concievable. I guess cults of personality are becoming a larger factor in the electoral process. Let's face it: if someone who got 6% of the popular vote in a duly constituted election can dominate the state's delegation to the national party, the election system is broken. Why? because the purpose of the primaries is to select a viable candidate for the general election. Scoring 5% should put you well out of the running.

How did i know you would be against Ron Paul! Against Ron Paul and for the 9/11 OS!! Says alot!

We all know that the system is geared towards Ron Paul failing, hence all the silly comments like this against him! As if Ron Paul is a cult! No more of a cult than Obama or anyone else! People are getting scared because they will lose their power and their government jobs soon! Aaaah!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Its working? What has changed?

Not changed... changing. What is changing is us. I'm sorry if you can't see it... but that's ok as eventually it will be self evident.

I do not offer these two quotes to be trite or cliche, but if you are willing to take the time, go look at the history of Ron Paul and ask yourself where is he at in his 30 year effort? Now ignoring him... but focusing on the message of the movement... run it through the same test.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Think about all cultural revolutions of the past. Look around you... which side of the wave are you putting your attention on? The one that is incoming (but hasn't hit yet), or the one that is already receding? If it was obvious to *everyone* what was coming in previous revolutions, it would have already been there. By their nature, cultural revolutions catch most people by surprise.

Namaste.
edit on 2012/4/29 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

I have always seen those different opinions.

I belong to several of those schools. The, he may run, third party, i hope he can do something at the convention, and the "he is creating a movement" group.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DrEugeneFixer

How is this any different than the popular vote?
Paul still has to get more, real votes. It is really more representative because this is what it looks like when people who actually care vote. No one stops Romney's people from doing exactly what the Paul people are doing. So who is idiotic? It just weeds out the vote of the people who do nothing political but stop in and check off the GOP candidate that will beat Obama no matter what they stand for. Then at the election they will hit straight republican ticket and not know who they voted in.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Hey, this is excellent. Ron Paul is the only candidate, in either 'party' who is speaking out against the War(s), which are of paramount importance to everybody else in the world, but seem to leave most Americans indifferent. Unethical. So of course the Media-Intel marginalize him because "he can't win". Same old corruption, and why only 30% of Americans now bother to vote, as we can't believe in it anymore. I'm no Republican, or Democrat.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

...really dude? It's throw you in the waste bin with the rest of the dim bulbs.
That was from the popular vote weeks/months ago. Look for the news today. This is about the delegates so this actually means something. Do you really not know the difference?

Very funny when someone tries to call a factual event that is ongoing a hoax.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

I really dont need to research RP any more than I have, which is quite a bit. The idea that perpetuating a broken system by voting someone into that system to change that system is delusional.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
From the looks of the political landscape, it seems to me that the inevitable civil war we will experience is closer than ever before. The amount of troll attempts in this thread alone are hilarious. All you people that shill against Paul should know that if he isn't elected, blood will likely be spilled within the end of the next presidential term. If you haven't noticed, the people are past being "riled up". I see a lot of folks preparing to act if they must...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by finitedualities
From the looks of the political landscape, it seems to me that the inevitable civil war we will experience is closer than ever before. The amount of troll attempts in this thread alone are hilarious. All you people that shill against Paul should know that if he isn't elected, blood will likely be spilled within the end of the next presidential term. If you haven't noticed, the people are past being "riled up". I see a lot of folks preparing to act if they must...

I have to point out, as i always do, the hypocrisy of this type of statement. Do you not realize that you are selling your candidate with fear-tactics, which is exactly the status-quo that RP supporters claim to be against?

Hypocrisy at its finest.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

It's not hypocrisy, mate. It's the honest truth. Don't shoot the messenger.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by finitedualities
reply to post by captaintyinknots

It's not hypocrisy, mate. It's the honest truth. Don't shoot the messenger.

"If you dont vote for him, blood will be spilled." "Those against RP are shills."

Selling your candidate based on fear. The very status quo you all claim to be against.

Hypocrisy. At its finest.
edit on 29-4-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join