It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul wins Louisiana

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

But of course doesn't explicitly want to end the Fed, and Paul repeatedly lies through his teeth when he claims that central banks are a new idea; they're not by a long shot.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Ron Paul is Mr status quo when it suits his ideology like saying he would not have voted for Civil Rights Act.
That tells you right there where he wants to bring this country back to.

He's a very dangerous person who has his own definition of Freedom and Liberty, and it does not include everyone, that is proven from his stance on Civil Rights.

The fanatic minions take the words Freedom and Liberty dished out to them from their prophet and savior and run off with them as if they were manna from heavan given to them to use as they please.

They trample on peoples Freedom and Liberty by attempting to circumvent the will of the people who voted, just so they can win. They see themselves as winning for their idol, a sacrifice given to him on his alter. They become what they started out hating and despising and do not even recognize it.

A sad bunch really, but dangerous none the less. Dangerous to real Freedom and Liberty which includes the fight for Freedom and Liberty for all in this nation. Not just who some deity figure decides deserves those rights using convoluted logic based on Libertarianism. He falls back on Libertarianism everytime he is cornered. He used it to explain away his stance against the Civil Rights Act, his dispicable stance on womens rights concerning sexual harrassment and his ever changing story about his racist Newsletters and even his stance on blaming people with AIDS for their own problem (even though there are countless innocent people born with the disease or got it from their Dentist or some other situation that had nothing to do with their lifestyle. He lumped them all in there as undeserving to live.)

You don't even have to be a voter to be against this man, all you have to be is someone who has compassion for humanity.
edit on 1-5-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

A sad bunch really, but dangerous none the less. Dangerous to real Freedom and Liberty which includes the fight for Freedom and Liberty for all in this nation.

Right, because indefinite detention without trial, and less free speech and protesting rights are a great step toward real freedom and liberty.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Really?

Yes

Whats his party line then?

Dogmatic Libertarianism

Hmmm? Do you even know what that term means?

Yes.

PS. I have no obligation to address every single point that every poster brings up. If you want to discuss an issue further you'll have to bring it up.

edit on 5/1/2012 by DrEugeneFixer because: (no reason given)

Just FYI Dogmatic Libertarianism isnt a party line.......Nice attempt tho...

YOu might not think you have an obligation, but it would be really nice, since you make accusations, and I provide the FACTS and links, that you address them.......

Especially when you claim that no one has done so.......

I find it convenient that you ignore them all together.........

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

A sad bunch really, but dangerous none the less. Dangerous to real Freedom and Liberty which includes the fight for Freedom and Liberty for all in this nation.

Right, because indefinite detention without trial, and less free speech and protesting rights are a great step toward real freedom and liberty.

Boohooing about enemy combatants locked up in Guantanimo is a strawman argument, they are not covered by the Constitution.
If you take up arms in the service of a foreign enemy you give up your citizenship and all the rights that go with it, another strawman argument.
The Supreme Court still upholds freedom of speech in this country, go check. Another falsehood put forth as a counter argument.
Last time anyone checked OWS or anyone else that hates their country are out in the streets protesting, and challenging laws meant to counter their disruption to daily lives which infringe on others rights, in the courts. The system is chugging along as it always has, nothing has changed.

Your rebuttal contained nothing.
Your misuse of the terms Freedom and Liberty proves my point.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Boohooing about enemy combatants locked up in Guantanimo is a strawman argument, they are not covered by the Constitution.

I wasn't talking about Guantanamo, I was talking about NDAA where any American can be classified as an "enemy combatant" on the will of Government (and more specifically Obama himself) and not a court. And actually, Americans are covered by the constitution. Read #6 and #7 in the Bill of Rights.
edit on 5/1/2012 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I wasn't talking about Guantanamo, I was talking about NDAA where any American can be classified as an "enemy combatant" on the will of Government and not a court. And actually, Americans are covered by the constitution. Read #6 and #7 in the Bill of Rights.

If you are an enemy combatant you are no longer a citizen aka "American".
You didn't think that one through too well.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I wasn't talking about Guantanamo, I was talking about NDAA where any American can be classified as an "enemy combatant" on the will of Government and not a court. And actually, Americans are covered by the constitution. Read #6 and #7 in the Bill of Rights.

If you are an enemy combatant you are no longer a citizen aka "American".
You didn't think that one through too well.

So what you're saying is the Government has the right to label an American citizen an enemy combatant and not the courts? You clearly have no idea how the justice system is intended to work from the constitution, I even pointed out where to look and you still didn't find it.
edit on 5/1/2012 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Anything the Congress or Administrative branches do are subject to review of the Courts, the courts are not seperate from the government, they are an equal one third part of the government. It is like saying Congress cannot make any law without the courts approval first, that is not how it happens, the Congress makes the laws then the court can review them if brought before them.

Your version of government is a fantasy.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

reply to post by bl4ke360

Your version of government is a fantasy.

No, my version of government is one that should involve less power and corruption, but just because you like government dominating your life doesn't mean everyone else does too.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by The_Zomar

Do you have the numbers???

Or am I just supposed to believe that he "won"???

Ron Paul's main goal right now is to reduce the amount of delegates Romney gets...he was projected to get 5 out of Louisiana...so if Romney gets more than 5, that is a win for Romney.

This is the most ridiculous post I think I have ever seen in this election process. So, Romney wins if he gets 6 delegates? Even if Paul gets more??? Wow, that's some logic.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Ron Paul is Mr status quo

That's Dr. Status Quo.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Technique #3 - 'TOPIC DILUTION'
Topic dilution is not only effective in forum sliding it is also very useful in keeping the forum readers on unrelated and non-productive issues. This is a critical and useful technique to cause a 'RESOURCE BURN.' By implementing continual and non-related postings that distract and disrupt (trolling ) the forum readers they are more effectively stopped from anything of any real productivity. If the intensity of gradual dilution is intense enough, the readers will effectively stop researching and simply slip into a 'gossip mode.' In this state they can be more easily misdirected away from facts towards uninformed conjecture and opinion. The less informed they are the more effective and easy it becomes to control the entire group in the direction that you would desire the group to go in. It must be stressed that a proper assessment of the psychological capabilities and levels of education is first determined of the group to determine at what level to 'drive in the wedge.' By being too far off topic too quickly it may trigger censorship by a forum moderator.

Dilution, Misdirection, and control of an internet forum

CONCLUSION
Remember these techniques are only effective if the forum participants DO NOT KNOW ABOUT THEM.

Freedom sure ain't free. You got to know about it.
edit on 1-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Does that site also have a page on being paranoid and delusional?

No one is engaging in anything other than debate. If Paul fans can't stand people questioning their Dear Leader they should stop posting on public fora.

The whole, "the world is out to get Ron Paul due to his sheer undeniable awesomeness" schtick is sooo lame.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
Does that site also have a page on being paranoid and delusional?

No one is engaging in anything other than debate. If Paul fans can't stand people questioning their Dear Leader they should stop posting on public fora.

The whole, "the world is out to get Ron Paul due to his sheer undeniable awesomeness" schtick is sooo lame.

Yea, it probably has quite a few actually.

You should check it out sometime, you know this IS a conspiracy website right?

Take notice how I'm not responding to the rest of this persons post.
edit on 1-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I will check it out.

That being said, the point of ATS, it's motto even, is to "deny ignorance".

That's radically different than just posting random, baseless "theories".

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I checked that link, which was to a very paranoid and frankly quite silly post on a Ron Paul forum.

This sort of crap is EXACTLY why so many people won't engage with the Paultards.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Oh, I misread, thought you had said "does this site".

Either way, doesn't really matter. I'm not here to argue with you about this stuff, just here to spread useful information.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I'll be looking out for that useful info. Keep us posted!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

He very explicitly wants to end the FED.

Since you are a history buff why don't you enlighten us with your knowledge on central banking. You wouldn't just call the man a liar not having known what you were talking about would you? Did he even say "central banking is new" verbatim? Or did you just make up something for him to say so you could call him a liar. Central banking is fairly new, it is not something that could be utilized easily in the past.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join