It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a 54 year old woman, and I was told to remove my hood before I could enter a shop lol

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
So just as you entered the store the security guard asked you to put down your hood and you put your hood down and entered the store and that's it?
Is it really so much a big deal that you to make a thread about it?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

My husband was down the street and he was chatting to an old war veteren, when a boy on a bike, wearing a hood, went wizzing by on the footpath. The older man then said he is wearing the anglo saxon version of the burqa. We thought thats a beauty lol

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Sandalphon

Your age is irrelevant.

No it's not.
I have an 80 year old grandad. If he wore a hoodie, it would make a major difference if he was 16 years of age.
Can you catch a 16 year old, whilst trying to look at his face because he has a hoodie on?
Can you catch an 80 year old, whilst making a cup of tea and seeing the mole on his face clearly?
Of course you can.

The security guard was obviously a bit slow, especially when it was raining.
Don't you think? After all, that's what hoodies are for.

I doubt Dooby is a 54 year old, jungling rude girl...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

You should sue Tesco's and tell them you got the flu because of the rain which fell on your head.
At the end of the day, it's up to them to make sure they don't employ num-nuts like the one who told you to take off your hoodie.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

OMG Rain Flu, is there no end to this madness!!!!

I don't have an issue with the store policy, it's their property so they have that right. The problem is with the over zealous security guard. He could at least meet people in the inside doorway rather than telling people to remove them outside when the weather is poor.

Just a simple lack of judgement from a security guard, certainly not something starting a religious war over like some people in this thread.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Ok... So you were outside, with the hood... if nobody had touched the subject you would still remove your hood when inside. Instead, a security guy came first and asked you to remove your hood, which you would do anyway right?

So whats the issue here?

"omg someone just told me I cant do 120mph on a mcdonald's drive through! not that I would do it, but the fact that I was told not to, means my liberties are being crushed"

Seriously, what is the point with this thread then? What are you trying to say? Are you black and going to cry racism? What is the point? What made you open ATS and make a thread because someone suggested you should take off your hood when inside a shop, when you would do it anyway?

I see no point in this thread then...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I don't believe you as you sound like a kid whoever wrote this.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

If they have a no hoods policy and teenagers are also asked to show their faces upon entering and be visible for the camera, I don't see why you (even at 54) should not be subject to the same rules.

Meh...

I understand that the guy wouldn't even let you in and you would have removed it... but then that's just that guy's fault for being a dick.

But judging by your thread title, this seemed more about the hood in shop side of it, and I agree with that.

edit on 29/4/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

OMG Rain Flu, is there no end to this madness!!!!

You can say that again.

I don't have an issue with the store policy

C'mon, they sell you your demise.

He could at least meet people in the inside doorway rather than telling people to remove them outside when the weather is poor.

Maybe he wasn't instructed to do so by his employers? Still, this is no excuse for such stupidity.

Just a simple lack of judgement from a security guard, certainly not something starting a religious war over like some people in this thread.

Funny thing is I never mentioned religion, or wars, for that matter.

I think this is ridiculous. Tesco's should've instructed the security guard on how to treat people, especially women.

This is not a major issue of course when compared to say, a comet hitting earth.
It's still an issue though for the person who lived it.

What a strange mind the security guy must have to make an older lady take off her hood in the rain.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

LOl only yesterday I went into Tesco with my teenage son, I was cold and was wearing a hoodie I happened to be taking something back for a refund and was munching on a bag of awful pound shop crisps.

I was up for a confrontation as I have a wicked streak and had bought my hoodie from Tesco so was looking forward to taking it off and demanding a refund lol .But although I had a paddington bear stare from the security person and the help desk person they didn't seem to have the balls to say anything and when I started chatting politely their demeanor became quite pleaseant.

As far as I'm concerned no one has the to tell me how to dress but any private business has the right to refuse to serve me should I not wish to comply with their dress code should they have one.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by fusionhunter
So just as you entered the store the security guard asked you to put down your hood and you put your hood down and entered the store and that's it?
Is it really so much a big deal that you to make a thread about it?

If that's all you can see from reading my OP then you really do need to open your eyes my friend

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS

I don't believe you as you sound like a kid whoever wrote this.

Thank you

I'm 54 years young

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Same thing happened to me and my 6 year old son today in our local Tesco - it was teeming down but as we only live a few hundred yards away we walked it - I grabbed an empty basket and as soon as we entered the store the security guard asked us to pull down our hoods - I asked him why and he said it was so the CCTV can get a better look at you - Ive also seen people with motorbike helmets being told to remove them as well as young teens in hoodies , last year it was fashionable for teenage girls to swan around in pyjama trousers and ive seen these be turned away from Tesco's as well.

Ive been on the SIA security training course twice - and sadly a lot of the people on that course are either nightclub doormen with a roid addled personality - or wannabe cops who failed the intelligence test to join the police force, we were there to get our SIA badges in order to work the summer music festival season doing stage security - in my experience retail security guards dont go much on common sense and store policy will be enforced like its one of the commandments.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Are you a Jedi Knight or a Seth Lord?

Either way, all should be taking off their hoods/burka/hijab before entering a place of business. Goes with no shirt, no shoes, no service, which should also include no pants, no service laws.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think some folk are missing the point. Why should folk IMMEDIATELY get their hoods down or hats off? I'm not in the army, I just want a pint of milk. For goodness sake, let us get in outa the rain and get our bearings for a sec, then the hoods will be down. But don't bloody order me about.

The CCTV wants a better look at me? I'm not buying anything from him. Who's he when he's at home?

(just practising my cheeky retorts a wee bit there, comes in handy when you're at a loss for words)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

You do have a point here. Remember about a year or 2 ago, a worker at Disney World [ FL., I believe] raised hell because they had asked her to remove her burqa before going to work. I don't recall the outcome of that, but being as it has to do with their religion, it does seem a touchy subject. So no, I doubt any one would bother them because of the repercussions that they might receive. That's just my opinion ........

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Back in the old days, it used to be "manners" for any bloke to remove their hat when going indoors. Heck there was NEVER even a thought of wearing a cap indoors. I never minded doing it, though it always puzzled me that Germaine Greer went to lengths to burn her bra for womens' rights and equality, but didn't advocate that women should also remove their headwear when entering a building. So maybe a return to old fashioned ideas like no head wear inside might be a good thing. Sure would stick a pole up the back of some cultures who seem to want to "take over" places where they move to. (you know, the old "we are trying to run from the garbage of our country so now we expect your country to implement the same said garbage")

But I agree with an earlier poster who said that maybe the overzealous security guard should wait until people are at least inside.

But nice OP lady, don't be embarased, anyone watching would most probably be thinking of the guard's poor judgement, not anything nasty about you. (as none of us on here do either) : )

Warm wishes

Steve

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hi Snarky, your comment "You do have a point here. Remember about a year or 2 ago, a worker at Disney World [ FL., I believe] raised hell because they had asked her to remove her burqa before going to work. I don't recall the outcome of that, but being as it has to do with their religion, it does seem a touchy subject."

I was under the impression that it WASN"T religious wear but CULTURAL wear. Please correct me if I'm wrong and that there is an actual reference in the Koran (if I have spelt that wrong, I don't care as IMO it hasn't earned my respect)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Sith mate... Sith.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Ah, the U.K. Such a fascinating place.

I hope they enslave you. I hope you become the most oppressed people in the history of the world. You sit back as your rights are stripped from you, and you do not offer up a whisper of protest. You deserve far worse than being asked to remove your hood.

You gave up your guns willingly. You gladly gave up your freedom of speech. It wont end there. Now that you are unarmed and silenced, more will be taken from you.

And I will laugh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join