It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a 54 year old woman, and I was told to remove my hood before I could enter a shop lol

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

So your saying most 12 year old female and male children are taught to shoot rifles in Georgia? What back woods is this? What decade is this?

I dont think you should be generalizing all of America like you did, most children are not taught how to shoot rifles.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

Originally posted by sonnny1
Many banks have adopted that policy. No hats,and no sunglasses.
They want to see your face,walking in the door.

Eye scans too ? They can dream on,
I wear tinted prescription glasses, and anyone telling me to take them
off would be facing a major law suit !

Are wigs now illegal too? Will they be telling
people to take off their toupees ? Will hair dye become
illegal (used to disguise) ? I though police, even in UK
could wear turbans, why would there be a difference from
wearing a turban or a hijab into a bank ?
Can a transvestite still wear a dress and wig/lipstick as long as
he has no hat ? Will the banks/stores be able to discriminate against
transvestites/nuns in habits/ orthodox jews ? or is
is only against rain hats/hoodies/and muslims ?
Would these women or this guy be breaking the law ? :

You're shooting the messenger.......

Someone asked about banks,and I just posted a tidbit,that it was common.

You make it sound like I AM TO BLAME,and I AM FOR IT.................

You can wear a Barny suit,if you want. Just dont complain,when they haul you out the door.......

edit on 29-4-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
bahahaha.

I was at a gas station buying Monster (energy drink) and skittles.
I was also wearing my favorite hoodie.
.... it says SNIPER on it.

(I dated a sniper, he sent me the hoodie)

the employee at the desk (we're buddies, he was just joking around.) was like.
"OH D# SKITTLES AND A HOODIE. YOU GONNA GET SHOT!"
and I was like "yeahhhhhh, probably doesn't help that it says SNIPER..."

it's probably not the best thing to wear around in these times...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

Skynet wants face key recognition data on everyone. I guess you'd best brush up on the proper way to hold yourself when your first drone sighting happens. The first cut is the deepest, and the way you react on your very first date will be key in the formatting of your profile. Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I'm sorry but...

I think you should remove your hood when inside. Its not a conspiracy, its simple common sense and proper manners.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
I was quite surprised because I'm hardly a 'hoody' thug lol.

First off, I agree that such a policy is silly, but I can understand if it was a bank or jewelry store.

I'm personally glad to hear this, though, because it shows a lack of prejudice on the part of the security officer.

Policies like this need to be applied to everyone or no one, regardless of an individual's appearence.

This also reminds me of what some refer to as "white people problems," which are minor irritating occurances that some find outrageous.

Some groups have to deal with this kind of thing even when there is no policy.

Write a letter

edit on 29-4-2012 by UltraDOSEcious because: spelling

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by unknown known

In the country, yes they are. Both my girls can shoot, and own their own 22's so far. 11 and 13. It's a necessity in the country, and it's not polite to insinuate that we are somehow ass backwards for it either.

As for the OP, I am sure it is to try and combat theivery. Even old people shoplift

edit on Sun, 29 Apr 2012 02:50:33 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I'd be pissed if that happened to me.
One time I actually accidentally walked into a little gas station store with a giant one of these hanging off my belt. The guy inside didn't say a word, but he was probably afraid I was about to violently rob him

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
For those critisizing the OP and pointing out store policy, go and read it again. She clearly states she had a hood up because it was raining and was still outside at the time, and thus was not even given the opportunity to remove the hood before being approached. Anyone appltying an ounce of sense would have observed and this and let her enter the store before removing the hood. We're not talking about a high security environment here!

This is the problem with many in the security industry these days and it comes down to a simple lack of common sense. They are given a set of rules to be followed and stick to them religiously with no discretion or personal judgement allowed.

I have worked in private and corporate security most of my working life (I am now 48) and even when younger used my own personal judgement and lashings of common sense. It's not difficult and gains the respect and cooperation of people, whereas blindly applying "policy" just makes you look an idiot.
I'd go as far as to say that most security I see these days is nothing more than security theatre, there to give the impression of a secure environment but quite often pointless and ineffective.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck
Just. Remove. Your hood. Why are you walking around indoors with your hood up? It's just generally accepted these days that nobody goes into a store or a bank or a supermarket with a hood up. You should know better at your age tbh.

I didn't get a chance to remove it, I was still outside, it was raining and I was approaching the entrance to the store when the security man came out to meet me at the door.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

instead of minimum requirements to join police and security they have maximum ones.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outofcontrol
I'm sorry but...

I think you should remove your hood when inside. Its not a conspiracy, its simple common sense and proper manners.

..... I WAS STILL OUTSIDE!

I think you should read the OP properly before responding in future - it's simple common sense and proper manners, and you make yourself look a fool otherwise.

Just sayin'.
edit on 29-4-2012 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Thanks guys for the replies.

I was thinking that business for security companies in this country should really be booming, it's almost always raining and most people will be wearing hooded coats/headwear.

Tesco should double their security when the weather is bad

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Complain all you want about being confronted and having to take your hood down, but complain not when someone of any age, gender or race robs your purse and there face is covered by a hood so no chance of catching them.
Also I work in a shop,like 80% of shoplifters we've ever had have been over 40 and just 1 has been male. I would ask the queen to take her hood down..

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

Cops love to hear about your rights !
Then you'll hear about probable cause and reasonable suspicion.
Keep talking about your rights then you'll hear about resisting arrest, and you know what comes after that.

for the time being, over here we do have some rights left :-)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

For those familiar with Asda in UK -
Whilst everyone plays dodgems with their shopping trolleys or wander half aimlessly around with 1000 For the Price of 500 Diet Coke Bumper Bottles to the dirge of Asda adverting their latest price cuts wafting over the public address system I trump the end motto statement of theirs in a loud voice "Asda - STEALING your money everyday"
I hate how these huge corporations have like Big Fish eaten up all the independent sprats and corner every possible option of the market.
I only go there because I take my folks to their shopping but I personally would rather support small independent shops where surprise surprise I might even know the shop owner.
What's next A shoot to kill policy for children stealing from the Candy section.

edit on 29-4-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by UKmonster

Complain all you want about being confronted and having to take your hood down, but complain not when someone of any age, gender or race robs your purse and there face is covered by a hood so no chance of catching them.

So you think we should all walk around with no head covering at all, even in inclement weather, no umbrella, no hat, just so we can have our faces on view in case we decide to commit a crime?

Also I work in a shop,like 80% of shoplifters we've ever had have been over 40 and just 1 has been male. I would ask the queen to take her hood down..

You are still missing the point that she was approached before she had even set foot through the door. The point you make about shoplifters is irrelevent and has no bearing on the matter. It was raining "outside" where she was approached.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
It is all good slave training
Watch out for the boogie man

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

It seems that when the weather is bad in this country, all citizens with headwear are guilty of pre-crime.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Not long ago in the UK a lady celebrating her 89th birthday with friends was kicked out of a pub because she was wearing her woolly hat. Her hair had thinned out after a serious illness. How flipping unkind and humiliating was that? It's bloody scandalous!

Linky -A frail pensioner was kicked out of a pub whilst celebrating her 89th birthday because she was wearing a beret

In this case the pub have seen the error of their ways and have agreed to sort out their rules so they're applied better in future.

But thinning hair or not, if a woman feels better dressed with her hat on then it's NOBODY's business.
There used to be a day when you wouldn't go outside without a hat. Bring them back in fashion I say. Let's everyone wear a nice hat and make it an assault on personal dignity if someone tells you you can't wear it.

As for hoods, I'll take mine off when I'm good and ready, inside and after the shop door closes behind me.

edit on 29-4-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join